posted February 18, 2015 06:27 PM
Edited By: 1bad02rt on 19 Feb 2015 02:38
Best fuel system for turbocharged 2008 ZX-14 with stock internals (8 psi max)
I'm building a turbo kit for my 08 14 with 2,500 miles on it, 100% stock. I need to know the best way to fuel the bike, considering the following:
1. I have purchased a PCV and Autoune.
2. Stock 2008 injectors.
3. Stock internal, don't plan to exceed 8 psi / what stock engine can handle.
4. Have the walbro in-tank 255lph tank but have not yet installed it (PN GSS342).
5. I would like to run a 3-bar MAP sensor with the PCV/Autotune.
6. Do I need to run a return system with an RRFPR / 1:1 FPR?
7. Can I simply use the stock fuel system (Think Muzzy Stage 1 uses stock system) for my power needs?
8. What tuning issues may I run into?
Thanks in advance for the help!
posted February 21, 2015 05:35 AM
Looks like we are in same ballgame. I too have 08 and a recently bought turbo which
I'll be installing in april. I have mentioned the muzzy stage 1 to Rick at rcc and he
did not think the fuel demands would be met at boost.
Dynojet makes pc5 pti unit for our model bike. This along with auto tune allows
for real time fuel management based on boost levels. This is because boost can fluctuate.
You can call muzzy and pick their brains about the fuel system setup. Would be nice
to leave fuel system stock.
and post your findings
08 Turbo zx14!!!
posted February 26, 2015 05:13 PM
I went with muzzy's external fuel system with tank plate fuel rail,etc.
Needs a life
high on speed
posted March 08, 2015 08:29 AM
I would suggest the fuel system we make for our kits (RCC TURBOS)
01 ZX-12R 8.84 @ 156.3 no bars, DOT tires. Pump Gas, NA.... turbo 8.47 @ 164.
00 ZX-12R 8.62 @ 165.2 no bars, slicks, Pump Gas, 55 shot.... turbo 8.32 @173
00 ZX-12R Fastest NA Kawasaki in the world 1: 222.046 1.5: 226.390 Loring AFB
00 ZX-12R street turbo 1: 227.9 1.5: 234.1 Loring AFB
00 ZX-12R LSR turbo 1: 263.1 1.5: 266.5 Loring AFB Worlds fastest ZX-12R
CMG Racing RCC Turbos