HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Holy CRAP...GO right now to... NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
shortcircuit

Expert Class
posted December 15, 2005 11:29 PM        
MCN have a habit of letting rumour get in the way of facts (or lack of them) to get a story out.
Also their computer generated 'scoop' pictures are mostly their own guesses.

I think with Kwasaki's intention to build the most extreme bikes, it goes without saying they are gonna build something special enough to blow the rest away as far as a big naked bike is concerned. I'm more than interested in a ZRX replacement

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Shortcircuit's homepage. 
trenace

Needs a job
posted December 15, 2005 11:38 PM        
They were dead wrong on the ZX-10R and the ZX-14, weren't they now.

Maybe you don't want any news of what appears to be coming at all, just wait till the bikes are in the showrooms. OK.

Ignore this member   
shortcircuit

Expert Class
posted December 15, 2005 11:57 PM        
I'm more interested in MCN giving the facts, most the stuff they do is so glossed up but then I guess that's what sells newspapers. I used to get MCN on a regular basis but just get it when they do a Kawasaki article then try to pick the real stuff out

e.g. Their 'scoop' on the '06 10 originally had an underslung exhaust, which probably raised everyone's expectation level quite a bit, then lo & behold it has high level pipes. The front fairing looked much as the '04-'05 10 which was no preparation at all for the small teardrop lights & smoothed out front. The features that have attracted the most criticism on the new 10 on most forums, they were so far out on.

I want to read the news as it appears otherwise I would not be here or buy MCN when it looks like it should be interesting

trenace

Needs a job
posted December 16, 2005 12:03 AM        
Well, having followed this sort of thing for a long time with a number of mags, it appears the way it works is factories do indeed in many cases leak hints, many of which are genuine, about what upcoming bikes will be like. Concept artists then create "pics" incorporating this. Many times, you see details in the actual production bike that indeed were nailed long in advance by this advance drawings, definitely not chance -- generally, the longer "out" in time the stories are, the more ancillary details are going to be wrong, such as the exhaust you mention, while the closer time approaches, the more are right.

In this case the story didn't even have a pic, indeed was saying hardly anything except that they hear Kawasaki is going to do this, and so I don't know why anyone would object to that being reported, unless so cynical as to imagine that the major magazines don't genuinely get tips like this -- but the track record indicates they in fact do get a lot such tips, with a pretty good though definitely not 100% hit rate. The manufacturers don't choose to be 100% accurate in their leaks, and/or, sometimes may change their plans with time (of course.)

But one can also certainly just wait till the bikes hit the showroom floor or are officially announced, if preferred.

Ignore this member   
shortcircuit

Expert Class
posted December 17, 2005 08:51 AM        
I'm getting back into the swing of how the bike media works after a long lapse from bikes & have found the way MCN works a bit misleading but if that's how things are in general then I need to factor that in to how I read their articles.
Things were far simpler 15 years ago

fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted December 17, 2005 09:04 AM        
quote:
That is about all it said.

It comes in PDF and without the feature PDF files often have of enabling you to cut and paste text. So I can't cut and paste. I didn't think it worth retyping, really that was all that it said, the only extra information left out being that Kawasaki was supposedly planning to put heavier emphasis on naked bikes. I don't believe there was any more info than that. I will check later just to make positive there isn't even the slightest further scrap, and report if there is

I can edit a PDF.... email it to me.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
jimzx9r

Expert Class
posted December 17, 2005 04:16 PM        
Text select tool in acrobat reader.
  Ignore this member   
trenace

Needs a job
posted December 17, 2005 09:31 PM        Edited By: trenace on 17 Dec 2005 21:32
JIm, actually you cannot always do that. I suppose that Acrobat offers a feature wherein the publisher can disallow this.

If you try highlighing then cutting and pasting, without the text select tool that is not there, you only get garbage characters so that doesn't work either.

Fish, I tried to e-mail it to you right now, but it is too big, over 10 Mbytes and this cannot be done, at least not with my e-mail program and server.

The entire text of that small item on the rumored Z1400 (simply copying by hand) is:
quote:
Hot on the heels of last week's report that Kawasaki is concentrating on naked bikes next year comes news of a Z1400, based around the engine of the new ZZR-1400. Given that Suzuki is due to release a Busa-engined GSR-1300 next year, it makes sense -- perhaps Kawasaki is planning to beat Suzuki to it with a new big naked bike.

Ignore this member   
shortcircuit

Expert Class
posted December 18, 2005 12:29 AM        
If it's any use the latest PagePlus DTP, version 11, can open & edit PDF.

If you don't need a pofessional DTP then PP is one of the best, especially as it's so easy to use, I've used it since v8, brilliant product.

All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2   ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Holy CRAP...GO right now to... NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.21218490600586 seconds processing time