HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > BIKE CHAT > Thread: 9 Hours on the Bike Yesterday NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
pdb1964


Zone Head
Posts: 536
posted May 10, 2005 08:40 AM        
9 Hours on the Bike Yesterday

I was on the bike for about 9 hours yesterday. That's including food and gas stops but my longest ride so far this year. I had to drop my truck and stuff off in Williams Lake since that is where I'll be working out of this summer. I towed the bike up and after dropping the truck off, I rode back down to Cache Creek.

The next morning (yesterday), I headed out to hop on hwy 99 to Lilloett. Once there, I headed to Lytton, then back to Lilloett to pick up the 99 again and headed to Pemberton, Whistler, Squamish, Horseshoe Bay, then on Hwy 1 to make my way back the Abbotsford, where I started out the day before.

It was a fun ride. Overcast but no rain. The roads are getting pretting rough in some spots and some sand and rocks here and there. Like riding a roller coaster at times. Scared myself only a couple of times. If I needed tires before the trip, I surely need some now. I am down to the carcass on the front.
____________
Pauly

  Ignore this member   
frEEk


Administrator
ummm... yeah
Posts: 9660
posted May 10, 2005 09:26 AM        
sure is some nice riding thru those parts. of course the 99 frmo whistler south is being quickly ruined, and ya gotta be careful north of cache creek, since some of those towns seem to like their "highway tax" (read: overzealous ticketing). i got a ticket in Clinton years back that was so rediculous it was dropped as soon as i submitted a contest. i can only hope that it was jsut that one officer who has liekly been transfered since then (was 5 years ago) but i have had similar experiences in small highway towns like that. actually, once u get north of cache creek the ride, tho beautiful in its own right, is pretty boring. just straight.
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit frEEk's homepage. 
pdb1964


Zone Head
Posts: 536
posted May 11, 2005 12:28 AM        
Ya, that part north of Cache Creek is boring. Did it twice in one day. Once in the truck north bound to Williams Lake, then southbound on the bike. I did see a few cops but was lucky to be stuck in traffic at the time.

Now I'm in Faribanks Alaska. Don't have the bike with me though.

  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > BIKE CHAT > Thread: 9 Hours on the Bike Yesterday NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed


Copyright 2000-2026 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.21284198760986 seconds processing time