vgmaster
Parking Attendant
Posts: 7
|
posted April 25, 2005 10:41 PM
All I wanted was an Acumen Dg8 indicator!
Hey guys/gals,
Thought I would share an incident that I had trying to get some motorcycle parts on-line. I put up a post on a sister forum for a price quote on an Acumen P-N-P Digital Gear Indicator SHIPPED to an APO address. 03 APR 05 Adrian Thornton from 12 O'COLOCK MOTORSPORTS (ZX636R@MSN.COM) in Arizona replies back that he can get it to me for $115. 04 APR 05 I jump on it and send the money via PayPal. 04 APR 05 the money clears my account. 07 APR 05 I still don't hear anything from Adrian Thornton from 12 O'COLOCK MOTORSPORTS (ZX636R@MSN.COM) so I send an e-mail asking the status of the indicator. 08 APR 05 still no answer so I try to call, from England, the phone number provided but I get a voice mail so I leave a message. 11 APR 05 Adrian Thornton from 12 O'COLOCK MOTORSPORTS (ZX636R@MSN.COM) finally replies to my first e-mail saying that he can't ship to an APO address. I phone him, still from England mind you, to ask why he did not state this previously. He said that he didn't read that so he tells me that he is going to ship it out USPS that day. I ask him if he wants any extra money because it is going to cost extra to do this and he says no. He also says that once it ships he'll send a tracking number as well. I'm thinking, "cool, this guy really knows how to keep his business even though he makes a mistake!" So, a week goes by and nothing. 2 weeks go by and nothing. All this while I keep checking my APO BOX almost daily in the hopes that my new toy will arrive. I also keep e-mailing and phoning with no replies. Still nothing. Now it's 25 APR 05 and I get an e-mail from PayPal saying that I have a refund from Adrian Thornton from 12 O'COLOCK MOTORSPORTS (ZX636R@MSN.COM). No e-mail or phone call from him. Really frustrating since I am a military guy stationed overseas and I have to rely on the internet to shop for most of my stuff. Funny thing is that APOs originate within the continental U.S. So, I guess it's good that I got my money back but I still want that indicator. Anyone know where I can get one? I want a BLUE display Acumen Dg8 Digital Gear Indicator plug-and-play (plug-in model). Thanks for listening and stay safe.
|