cyemm
Parking Attendant
Posts: 8
|
posted August 25, 2007 01:39 AM
Pig spotters work on a 10R?
I know they don't give much of a rear view at the best of times, but with the 10's mounting points so far forward on the fairing, can you see anything? I've never seen a 10 with them.
Don't want the stock mirrors, barends make the bike too wide, a rearview cam is $$$, thinking about the pig spotters. Yeah or Nay?
|
dbeadling
Zone Head
Posts: 699
|
posted August 25, 2007 04:55 AM
use a back up camera....wire the camera on all the time. got one for my zx 14 and it works great day and night
|
Hells Dark Lord

Needs a life
living life, and loving it.
Posts: 7981
|
posted September 10, 2007 08:56 PM
ok I am late on this, but this is what I have on my bike...these mirrors were made by one of the board members, he useses the nic Dino, check with him to see if these are still available. My buddy had the pig spotters on his 10 and there were useless, these are better, and cheaper.
____________
When in doubt, lean farther and go faster....
|
cyemm
Parking Attendant
Posts: 8
|
posted September 29, 2007 03:47 PM
Bought them. The answer is NO.
Bought the black gen 2 spotters for ~100.00 .They have four little leds in the top.
Quality is poor. Mirrors are way too convex, meaning you see a great distorted view of your wrists, they just about fill up the field of view, but anything even directly behind you is far too tiny to discern, just a speck in the lens. Ok for blind spot checks, though. I guess putting less curved mirrors meant losing some universality among different bikes.
Mounting is accomplished by drilling up into the plastic base, then using sheet metal screws through your mirror mounting holes to directly thread into the plastic. Hope you get it right the first time. Also, it's a wrist destroyer to try get a screwdriver into the fairing to screw them into place.
Cheaply built, a $5 mirror in a $5 housing with $10 of leds in it. Keep away.
Dino, where are you?
|
Dave Bogue
Novice Class
Posts: 34
|
posted September 29, 2007 04:01 PM
I have Suzuki GS500 mirrors on my 2006 ZX-10. They bolt up to the stock mounts. Because the stems are longer, the rearward vison is greatly improved. Cost: about $65 each. They also work on the 2004-5 models. Search on the ZX Ten forum for the thread. Highly recommended!
Dave
|
stevewfl

Moderator
Posts: 27920
|
posted September 29, 2007 07:41 PM
block off plates -
____________
2010 Concours14
'08 R1 YAMAHA
ZX14 gone!
CBR600RR track bike
|
Hells Dark Lord

Needs a life
living life, and loving it.
Posts: 7981
|
posted September 29, 2007 11:35 PM
amen to that Steve....I only run the mirrors if I am buzzing around town...other than that, just blockoffs
____________
When in doubt, lean farther and go faster....
|
|
|