HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > DRAGBIKE ZONE.com > Thread: A shot of the 12. NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
oldkawboy


Needs a job
Posts: 2125
posted January 29, 2010 01:11 PM        
Vincent,
Let Peggy know that she's in our prayers for a quick and full recovery.

We're looking forward to see you out flogging that 12 one day, don't matter if it's next week or next year.

What part of God's country are you thinking about moving to?

Dan

  Ignore this member   
VincentHill


Needs a life
Posts: 6520
posted January 29, 2010 02:22 PM        
quote:
Vincent,
Let Peggy know that she's in our prayers for a quick and full recovery.

We're looking forward to see you out flogging that 12 one day, don't matter if it's next week or next year.

What part of God's country are you thinking about moving to?

Dan


Where the prople think that November and December is a good time to send a Flag to New York!

My Hope is to be there in the WInters and maybe in SA for Our Summers! Maybe get to use the alternate landing site for the space shuttle for some Land Speed Racing!
____________
Made History @ Daytona and still one fast old man!!

  Ignore this member   
Shane661


Needs a life
Posts: 11494
posted February 02, 2010 05:07 PM        
Say Dan, did you do any head porting on your build?
  Ignore this member   
oldkawboy


Needs a job
Posts: 2125
posted February 02, 2010 06:56 PM        
I cleaned up some rough castings and matched my boots years ago when I had the head off to remove the base gasket.
I had a buddy do some port work this time and a valve job since the motor has quite a few miles on it.
Nothing too radical, still has the stock valves although I did replace the valve springs with good ones since I installed Karls old Muzzy cams.

With the cams and cam timing along with the Pro Pipe the bike feels kinds soft down low and thru the mid range but pulls good up top. I was hoping the 1287 kit would give it some snap down low but it ain't gonna happen. Gonna have to gear it pretty low for playing on the street.

Wish the weather would break........I'm really wanting to put some more miles on it.

Dan


  Ignore this member   
MadMike


Moderator
FEAR THE BLACK FLAG!!!!!!!!
Posts: 6579
posted February 02, 2010 07:01 PM        
Dan the bike looks GREAT as always!!!

and Vince I am realy sorry to hear about Peggy, She is in my thoughts and prayers...

____________
200-MPH CLUB MEMBER!

  Ignore this member    Click here to visit MadMike's homepage. 
Shane661


Needs a life
Posts: 11494
posted February 03, 2010 06:30 AM        Edited By: Shane661 on 3 Feb 2010 14:31
I didn't figure the 1287 to feel like my 14 down low, and it doesn't. Then again my 14 has it by 65cc, a couple teeth of gearing, and is about 60 lbs. lighter. I am also running the pro pipe, which is probably sapping some bottom end grunt, as well.

It sure makes up for it on top though.

I'm sure yours is going to be quite a runner.

  Ignore this member   
VincentHill


Needs a life
Posts: 6520
posted February 03, 2010 12:01 PM        
quote:
Dan the bike looks GREAT as always!!!

and Vince I am realy sorry to hear about Peggy, She is in my thoughts and prayers...



It goes without saying! Thanks MM. (i Know how you are and that is good enough!)
____________
Made History @ Daytona and still one fast old man!!

  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2   ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > DRAGBIKE ZONE.com > Thread: A shot of the 12. NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed


Copyright 2000-2026 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.23221707344055 seconds processing time