oldkawboy

Needs a job
Posts: 2125
|
posted January 23, 2010 08:08 PM
A shot of the 12.

I've put 300 miles on the old 12 the past couple days since the rebuild. It feels pretty good but I haven't beat on it too bad, gotta get to the dyno next week to check the a/f before I hammer on it.
Shanes old wheels turned out good. They were gold on his bike and looked great but I wanted them black for mine so after some bead blasting and powder coating this is how they look.
After locating a Brocks CT canister from a 14 (neither of the boys would donate theirs) I coupled it to my Muzzy Pro Pipe headers. It's got a good deep tone and I'm hoping it will run as good as it sounds.
Looking forward to some mile and maybe mile & a half events this year. I'm thinking Loring will be a long ride :-)
Dan
|
entropy
Moderator
Posts: 8671
|
posted January 24, 2010 01:36 AM
Edited By: entropy on 24 Jan 2010 14:11
Looks great, Dan!
when i zoom in on yr pic i see a set of Muzzy cams, seems they are working for you.
BTW: every time i work in my garage I think of you my friend once a hour, every hour at 12:53am, 1:53am, 2:53am, etc.
The Kawasaki timer you gifted me beeps at "hour:53", and every time it beeps I think, "damn that ole Dan is a generous guy". (n/j)
____________
This moderator uses moderation in moderation
|
KZScott

Needs a life
high on speed
Posts: 7235
|
posted January 24, 2010 06:21 AM
looks great Dan! the CT tip looks right at home.
____________
01 ZX-12R 8.84 @ 156.3 no bars, DOT tires. Pump Gas, NA.... turbo 8.47 @ 164.
00 ZX-12R 8.62 @ 165.2 no bars, slicks, Pump Gas, 55 shot.... turbo 8.32 @173
00 ZX-12R Fastest NA Kawasaki in the world 1: 222.046 1.5: 226.390 Loring AFB
00 ZX-12R street turbo 1: 227.9 1.5: 234.1 Loring AFB
00 ZX-12R LSR turbo 1: 263.1 1.5: 266.5 Loring AFB Worlds fastest ZX-12R
CMG Racing RCC Turbos
|
Shane661

Needs a life
Posts: 11494
|
posted January 24, 2010 07:46 AM
Edited By: Shane661 on 24 Jan 2010 15:47
The bike looks great!
What did you use as a gasket on the CT can? I know that the inlet is a hair larger than 2.25..
|
oldkawboy

Needs a job
Posts: 2125
|
posted January 24, 2010 08:33 AM
Edited By: oldkawboy on 24 Jan 2010 16:35
Thanks guys....
Karl,
I got an extra stop watch I'll give ya next time i see you. I still need to get Gary his banner.
Shane,
I was kinda worried about expanding the stainless steel mid-pipe but a local muffler shop bumped it a little over .125" and it worked good with no damage and the seal is perfect.
Dan
|
Shane661

Needs a life
Posts: 11494
|
posted January 24, 2010 08:34 AM
Maxton this year?
|
oldkawboy

Needs a job
Posts: 2125
|
posted January 24, 2010 08:37 AM
Planning on being there the second meet if this thing stays together.
Dan
|
Dane
Expert Class
Posts: 235
|
posted January 24, 2010 08:38 AM
Dan bike looks great with the all the black goodies wheels , brakes, swingarm and engine covers....btw what did you use on the eng covers, powder coat ?
|
Shane661

Needs a life
Posts: 11494
|
posted January 24, 2010 08:51 AM
quote: Planning on being there the second meet if this thing stays together.
Dan
I'd like to get mine out there too. I have about 285 miles on mine.
|
woppi

Pro
Posts: 1362
|
posted January 24, 2010 12:01 PM
! ! !
looks great ! ! !
! ! !
woppi
____________
1st TFA Member / Austria !
" if it has wheels or titts - sometimes you will get troubles "
2000 Limited ZX12R NOS
|
WARBIRD

Needs a job
Posts: 2739
|
posted January 24, 2010 12:06 PM
Looks great! Love the exhaust Dan, good job.
____________
I'd Rather Be Roadracing.
|
osti33

Needs a job
Posts: 2973
|
posted January 24, 2010 01:23 PM
Still one of the best looking 12's around! Looks great Dan.
Ryan
|
Stuart Racing

Zone Head
N.H.R.A . Dragracing.
Posts: 999
|
posted January 24, 2010 02:50 PM
quote: Still one of the best looking 12's around! Looks great Dan.
Ryan
X2 VERY NICE....
____________
Life in the Fast Lane..........
|
eklipse636

Needs a life
ZX-14
Posts: 6046
|
posted January 24, 2010 03:36 PM
In the pic that bike looks new!!!
____________
Best: 60ft 1.351 1/8 5.68 mph 123.98 1/4
8.89 mph 151.32
|
gilberjj

Needs a job
Friend of Fast
Posts: 3196
|
posted January 24, 2010 10:45 PM
Love the exhaust and the black wheels. One of the best looking 12s out there!
|
oldkawboy

Needs a job
Posts: 2125
|
posted January 25, 2010 09:12 PM
I appreciate the comments guys.
The old bike is starting to show it's age. I've put almost 30,000 miles on it and it has a few nicks and dings but I still enjoy riding it.
Zack & I swapped bikes the other day during a ride and I forgot how polished the 14 is compared to my 12........kinda wish I still had my 14 but my wrist ain't getting any younger.
Dane,
Everything black is powdercoated except the engine covers and I rattle canned them with an appliance paint from Home Depot.......it's tough and has held up great.
Dan
|
NOX
Needs a job
PMRA / TMRC Super Street 4022
Posts: 3745
|
posted January 26, 2010 07:32 AM
almost makes me want to paint mine silver........
would look good with the silver anodized wheels.......
But I think I am going purple again, body is ready for paint.
Great looking bike.
____________
42 Wins
21 Runner-ups
2010 TMRC Super Street Points Champion
2010 PMRA Super Street #3 Points
2009 PMRA Super Street Points Runner-Up
6 Time Centerville Dragway Points Champion
Sponsored by:
Scorpion Helmets
Galfer Braking
AMSOIL
Steve's Speed Shop
Kawasaki Sports Center
Mickey Thompson Tires
Catalyst Racing Composites
Conway Cycle
Syed Leathers
|
oldkawboy

Needs a job
Posts: 2125
|
posted January 26, 2010 08:24 AM
When I done these wheels I still had my 14, it was silver with silver wheels and I didn't want a look-alike.
Like you, I think the silver & silver looks best even though they are a pain to keep clean.
Dan
|
VincentHill

Needs a life
Posts: 6520
|
posted January 26, 2010 02:53 PM
Dan, this made my heart Race! It REALLY looks good! It "Almost" makes we want to take mine back to stock "Looking" if I could only find a place to put my 5 pound Bottle
How is the ZRX??
____________
Made History @ Daytona and still one fast old man!!
|
oldkawboy

Needs a job
Posts: 2125
|
posted January 26, 2010 03:52 PM
Great to hear from you Vincent!
The ZRX is still running great, I've only put about 4,000 miles on it since installing the turbo. It rides just like it did when stock 'til I twist the throttle, almost lost Lydia last year. Had a memory lapse and hammered it without thinking........whew.
You gonna be able to run any events this year? Sure hope so as we miss your smiling face and stories.
Take care my friend,
Dan
|
TRNorBRN6001
Needs a job
Posts: 2021
|
posted January 27, 2010 02:02 PM
Wow, that 12 sure is perty!!!!!!!!
We should plan to have a ZX-12 Day at Maxton some time in the near future. It would be great to see 10-12 together. Mine is still apart so you all will have to give me at least a few months.
Mr. Hill, be sure to give us a heads up when you plan on running the old 12 at Maxton.
____________
TFA 200MPH CLUB MEMBER!
|
oldkawboy

Needs a job
Posts: 2125
|
posted January 27, 2010 03:39 PM
Hey Gary,
I'm ready for a 12 reunion. Ahh, the good old days!!!
Dan
|
TRNorBRN6001
Needs a job
Posts: 2021
|
posted January 27, 2010 07:14 PM
So many good looking 12's!!!!!!
____________
TFA 200MPH CLUB MEMBER!
|
VincentHill

Needs a life
Posts: 6520
|
posted January 29, 2010 11:48 AM
quote: Great to hear from you Vincent!
The ZRX is still running great, I've only put about 4,000 miles on it since installing the turbo. It rides just like it did when stock 'til I twist the throttle, almost lost Lydia last year. Had a memory lapse and hammered it without thinking........whew.
You gonna be able to run any events this year? Sure hope so as we miss your smiling face and stories.
Take care my friend,
Dan
As always, you are the Man Dan! I have just about finished with the 1982 Porsche 911SC that i just got for Peggy and had hoped to start working on my basement after Daytona so that I can get my Rag back together (I have everything I need to do this).
What just happened is they found a few spots on Peggy's left Breast (About as good as it can get for Bad News) and this is going to set back plans for about another 2 to 3 months at least. This moves me to at least May and it is going to take 3 months to get the Bike done which is then August. I then will need a few Months to take it a few places to dial it in and get it tuned and reliable which may or may not allow me to make the last meet in October!
Add to this, I also plan to join your ranks this year and am getting 2 houses ready to sell and move South! So either way the bike will be back together, It is just a question of will I race it this year or next year and not "If I will race it again!"
____________
Made History @ Daytona and still one fast old man!!
|
TRNorBRN6001
Needs a job
Posts: 2021
|
posted January 29, 2010 12:37 PM
Hope Peggy is doing well. No hurries take care of your wife first. We will see you late this year or early next year.
Moving out of DC?????????........................................South????????.....................Texas?LOL
____________
TFA 200MPH CLUB MEMBER!
|
|
|