HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: low speed crash NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
rockin 5-0


Parking Attendant
Posts: 17
posted November 07, 2003 06:03 PM        
low speed crash

looking for a left side engine case cover. had a parking lot incident today and im none too pleased checked ron ayers and looks like $105. any other ideas where i could find one?

  Ignore this member   
slug


Pro
Out in search of my mind...
Posts: 1433
posted November 07, 2003 07:58 PM        
ebay my brutha
  Ignore this member    Click here to send Slug an ICQ message. Click here to add 1734970 to your ICQ list. Click here to visit Slug's homepage. Click here to send Slug an AIM message. 
Hells Dark Lord


Needs a life
living life, and loving it.
Posts: 7981
posted November 08, 2003 06:31 AM        
hell yeah, ebay rocks was looking on there yesterday..why are there so many ZX12's for sale on there? Are that many people wrecking them? Are that many people scared of them? Are that many guys having weddings/divorces?

I understand the ticket issue, trust me on that one been there done that, and insurance is a killer...but dam.....I am gonna start watching there and see if I can pick up a donar bike....parts...hehehe
____________
When in doubt, lean farther and go faster....

  Ignore this member   
zxfingyz


Expert Class
Posts: 424
posted November 12, 2003 09:02 AM        
Hell I know exactly why you see so many of them for sale.

1. either you are like me and have been wanting it since you were 14 and now have managed to scrounge up the dough and finally get one and F$%K you are now 34 and the old bones don't like the riding postion and gee it sure is fast, did I just really do 140 mph? Holy shit! I got kids man!
or 2. Dad isnt too sure about this and Mom is crying but I want it and I want it now! I know I am only 17 but I have been riding Jimmys fiddy for almost a month now. Besides all my boys are getting bikes and I want the biggest baddest bike I can get. I will be the man when I wheelie down mainstreet. Oops, I didn't even see that minivan.
or 3. see previous thread about Kawasaki prioritizing vendor relationships vs customer satisfaction. Oil in my what? Replace the stator AND the alternator? How much? This happens on how many bikes? Almost all of em?

Oh and those pesky 4 letters and 4 numbers


GSXR-1000

Having said all that

Who in their right mind sells a Kawasaki? Think back 20 years to those bikes, wouldn't it be cool to have a 20 yr old Kawasaki now? You think In 20 yrs the zx12 is gonna still be a head turner?

Kawasakis are starting to remind me of those 45 yr old hotties with tatoos you see on the internet. On the sites that make a man delete his history, cookies and all offline files if you get my meaning. Still hot, super hot. And you would ride it like a demon if given the chance but pity the dudes who must have been ground up like hamburger trying to stay on and keep that ride going for the last 25 years.

  Ignore this member   
mattie_k


Zone Head
hill-billy!
Posts: 545
posted November 12, 2003 11:41 AM        
Check out Niagara Race Craft (NRC) for some aftermarket covers. Awsome build quality and strength.
____________
God is an imaginary friend for grown-ups.

  Ignore this member   
rockin 5-0


Parking Attendant
Posts: 17
posted November 13, 2003 01:18 PM        
ebay it was...found a used lightly scratched one for $43. much cheaper than new at $115. looking at the cf covers for additional protection. hope i dont have to do this again
later

  Ignore this member   
swft


Needs a life
Full throttle!
Posts: One MEEEEEELLION
posted November 13, 2003 07:32 PM        
Good luck!
  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: low speed crash NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed


Copyright 2000-2026 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.24812507629395 seconds processing time