HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Lil' Red Back in Action........ NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Ninjaman12R


Needs a job
as a Deal's Gap tour guide.
Posts: 4767
posted September 06, 2003 07:49 PM        
Lil' Red Back in Action........

I finished up the stator and voltage regulator job this afternoon. All I can say is WHEW!!!! Some of the places you have to run wire through is TIGHT!!! A pain in the ass for sure. But it is done, and I did the recall on the harness on the new stator. Sherman overnighted me the recall bulletin and that was a great help to me.

After I made sure everything was ok and the bike was running good, I made some suspension adjustments. The bike appears to finally be ready for the trip. I'm gonna take it out again tomorrow and do another shakedown run just to be safe. It's got new rubber, new pads front and rear (now) and had a ton of other junk done to it. Just want to make sure all is well before the DG event.

It sure felt good to be riding this afternoon instead of wrenching. Ahhhhh.........
____________

What we're dealin' with here is a complete lack of respect for the law.

Sheriff Buford T. Justice of TEXAS

  Ignore this member   
Hells Dark Lord


Needs a life
living life, and loving it.
Posts: 7981
posted September 07, 2003 05:44 AM        
Good, didnt want you having any excuses up at the gap there Ricjy...

Glad ya got Lil Red good to go bubba, hate to see anyone without his ride...I know it sucked when mine was down....I got KHI to warranty the shock on the 6R, adn got to take it in for that, and the 12 in for theclutch switch. But it will all be good to go by the Gap....cant wait to see all you shit heads....I mena that in the nicest possible way.....lol
____________
When in doubt, lean farther and go faster....

  Ignore this member   
Ninjaman12R


Needs a job
as a Deal's Gap tour guide.
Posts: 4767
posted September 07, 2003 01:03 PM        
Thanks...

Thanks Jim, I'm very glad I got the bike ready for the trip. I could of probably got Kaw to foot the bill for the stator as my bike is still under warranty. I dunno about the regulator. It's a moot point now because it is done. I'd rather shell out the loot than to battle with the morons at the dealership. Had it not been so close to trip time I may have attempted to let them fix the bike.

Get your shit together boys. IT'S GAP TIME!!!!!!

I'm headed out the door in a few minutes, gonna do a nice little ride and put Lil' Red through a little "Torture".
____________

What we're dealin' with here is a complete lack of respect for the law.

Sheriff Buford T. Justice of TEXAS

  Ignore this member   
necro


Needs a job
My Grandma Is A Virgin
Posts: 2148
posted September 07, 2003 06:36 PM        
These bikes need so much work don't they?
____________
3829

  Ignore this member   
Hells Dark Lord


Needs a life
living life, and loving it.
Posts: 7981
posted September 07, 2003 07:09 PM        
I dont think so Necro, I dont really do anything other than scheduled maintence, and tires.....lol

Oh and body screws...I am always replacing them..I keep plenty on hand...
____________
When in doubt, lean farther and go faster....

  Ignore this member   
jonwright


Needs a job
Posts: 2416
posted September 07, 2003 07:56 PM        
I don't get your body screw problem. I don't have that issue. And noone else I know does, either. What the hell is the deal?

Oh, and Rick - yeah. You better shake out lil' red. 'Cause Gap Time it's yer ass. And your little friend, Otis, too.

  Ignore this member   
Hells Dark Lord


Needs a life
living life, and loving it.
Posts: 7981
posted September 07, 2003 07:59 PM        
i dont know Jon...I have had the problem since I bought the bike.....am gonna start using a touch of locktite on the screws.......replaced a screw tonight...one from the lower fairing near the kickstand....the alan screw with the bushing.....
____________
When in doubt, lean farther and go faster....

  Ignore this member   
Otis


Needs a job
Captain Kickstand
Posts: 3028
posted September 08, 2003 03:02 AM        Edited By: Otis on 8 Sep 2003 04:02
Good deal Rick, I knew you'd get it sorted out.

I haven't had any problems with the screws either. The only trouble I've had with my 12 in 21,000 miles is the stator burnt up.

Jon, we'll see about that bitch.

7 days fellas....
____________
It's a free country brother

  Ignore this member   
Ninjaman12R


Needs a job
as a Deal's Gap tour guide.
Posts: 4767
posted September 08, 2003 03:46 AM        
No Jon.............

NO Jon, it's Bart's ass!!!!


Fellas I took Lil' Red out again yesterday and flogged the fuckin' piss outta of her. Did a mondo 3rd gear wheelie. The front tire sounded like a 747 touching down. I really enjoyed myself. I went and ran my favorite road (around here) twice, ran a moderate pace because I am RUSTY as shit. I need the trip just to get my riding back on par.

Now it is time to start running down my checklist, clean and detail the bike & truck, and get the other 974 things I need to do DONE!!!!!!

Next week at this time I hope I'm fuckin' snoozin' at the cabin.
____________

What we're dealin' with here is a complete lack of respect for the law.

Sheriff Buford T. Justice of TEXAS

  Ignore this member   
Hells Dark Lord


Needs a life
living life, and loving it.
Posts: 7981
posted September 08, 2003 04:38 AM        
been etting ready for a week now.....take the bikes in today for the new tires....and some fixits that need to be corrected...had to put new bulbs in the dam instrument cluster on the 6 yesterday...have never had to do that on a bike before...had 3 go out at once....now I just need the subframe bolt for the 6, and they will be good to go....got the oil changed the other day ......cant wait, I am stoked
____________
When in doubt, lean farther and go faster....

  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Lil\' Red Back in Action........ NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed


Copyright 2000-2026 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.24538111686707 seconds processing time