HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Damn you Kawasaki! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
KawRider


Expert Class
Posts: 329
posted September 04, 2003 06:06 AM        
Damn you Kawasaki!

Here I am.... 98% sure I am going to get a Z1000.... and they come out with the ZX10!!! I wonder how she will be in the comfort department. I know she will be super fast....
Oh well... decisions decisions...


____________


Tim
Black ZX-14

  Ignore this member   
jonwright


Needs a job
Posts: 2416
posted September 04, 2003 07:03 AM        
I'd almost venture if you are concerned about comfort to look elsewhere....stick with the Z1k. You know that thang is going to be set up for hard track riding.
  Ignore this member   
Hells Dark Lord


Needs a life
living life, and loving it.
Posts: 7981
posted September 04, 2003 08:15 AM        
Jon I do believe you are correct.....atleast I hope you are......
____________
When in doubt, lean farther and go faster....

  Ignore this member   
RAC4IT


Needs a job
Bergie
Posts: 3009
posted September 04, 2003 08:38 AM        
Try a 636 it should be similar to the 10 in "feel" except for the extra 60hp
  Ignore this member   
k bryant


Needs a job
Sponsor
Posts: 2911
posted September 04, 2003 10:11 AM        
Like jonwright says. Besides, the overall positioning is so different, it's really hard to compare them. The Z1000 is a "sit-up" bike, so it's more comfortable to most people. But, that being said, the Z1000 is a pretty good track day bike. With a set of Renthal bars & good tires, you can really flick the thing around. And in the mountains, I'd bet you'll be quicker on the Z1000, while having more overall control. The 12 requires alot of finesse and attention to make it go fast around corners. The 10 is going to require even more, because it's got similar power to the 12, and will be much lighter. More like comparing a butcher knife to a scapel if you will. JMO

  Ignore this member    Click here to visit K Bryant's homepage. 
redelk


Moderator
Please... speak to the hand.
Posts: 3212
posted September 04, 2003 02:12 PM        
I spent around a half hour just sitting on a 636. Like RAC4IT, it thing that the ne 10R will have VERY similar ergonomics. Going from a '97 7R to a '00 12R wasn't much of a challange. Going from the 12R to the 10R will be quite a change and I figure will require quite a bit of getting used to as far as any kind of distance ride is concerned.

I think I'll be able to "suffer" through it.
____________
There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.
-Ernest Hemingway

  Ignore this member    Click here to visit redelk's homepage. 
k bryant


Needs a job
Sponsor
Posts: 2911
posted September 04, 2003 03:10 PM        
Maybe not as close as you think, maybe farther than you think. The 636 is a really tight fit. I couldn't see the 10 being that tight. But, some of us will know sooner than others....
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit K Bryant's homepage. 
necro


Needs a job
My Grandma Is A Virgin
Posts: 2148
posted September 04, 2003 03:26 PM        
Comfort? Comfort?...
____________
3829

  Ignore this member   
Hells Dark Lord


Needs a life
living life, and loving it.
Posts: 7981
posted September 04, 2003 04:44 PM        
but how is it gonna run, and what is it gonna cost.....I dont care about ergos....I have my 12 for that, I want a bike to blast through the mountains, and to take to the track and play....the 600 is fun but I want more hp for the track....if this 10R doesnt deliver....I will be having either a 636 or a GSXR750, or a 1k
____________
When in doubt, lean farther and go faster....

  Ignore this member   
necro


Needs a job
My Grandma Is A Virgin
Posts: 2148
posted September 04, 2003 06:40 PM        
Did I say...comfort...
____________
3829

  Ignore this member   
k bryant


Needs a job
Sponsor
Posts: 2911
posted September 04, 2003 07:10 PM        
The 10 will deliver the goods, and deliver them to you shortly. If you want comfy, ride a couch. Purpose built Sportbikes are designed to be ridden briskly and the ergos reflect the classic attack position. The only one I've ever seen come close to a compromise was/is the ZX9.
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit K Bryant's homepage. 
jonwright


Needs a job
Posts: 2416
posted September 04, 2003 08:07 PM        
Hell, I think the 12R is turbo powered barca lounger on steroids. Great wind protection and good ergos. Not Z1k ergos, but nice nonetheless.
  Ignore this member   
swft


Needs a life
Full throttle!
Posts: One MEEEEEELLION
posted September 05, 2003 06:44 AM        
Yah, if you want comfort, I've got a ZZR1200. The 10 will be great for the backroads and track days!
  Ignore this member   
jonwright


Needs a job
Posts: 2416
posted September 05, 2003 06:54 AM        
Yah. I'm wid you SWFT.
  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Damn you Kawasaki! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed


Copyright 2000-2026 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.24572396278381 seconds processing time