HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Upgrading to 2002/03 model - is it worth it? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Fast Forward


Parking Attendant
Posts: 4
posted March 27, 2003 06:25 AM        
Upgrading to 2002/03 model - is it worth it?

I am thinking about upgrading. For those of you that have experience with both, is it worth it? What I mean is, is there big enough and noticable difference that I can't achieve with upgrades? (like the lower swingarm mounting point?)

Thanks

  Ignore this member   
VincentHill


Needs a life
Posts: 6520
posted March 27, 2003 02:12 PM        
Do you have an 00 or 01? If you have an "00" then I would not consider it. If you have an 01, then it is #1, a case of style (Do you like the looks that much better) and small mechanical (Have you figured out how to take off and not stall, along with Bike set up on how fast do you want to turn!)
____________
Made History @ Daytona and still one fast old man!!

  Ignore this member   
CrotchRocket


Moderator
Bracket Racing with Betsy
Posts: 8038
posted March 27, 2003 06:23 PM        
I have both!!!...The 2002 feels like a refined 2000, feels slower, but its not!!!...I go the same speed but with alot less mods.The 2002 is much smoother!!!


CrotchRocket
____________
Jason Miller StreetBike Seminars

*****DragRacers do it better, because they dont cut Corners*****

  Ignore this member    Click here to visit CrotchRocket's homepage. 
DaveInDaytona


Pro
Posts: 1696
posted March 27, 2003 06:28 PM        
What he said.

Had a 2000, have an '02 now. '02 is better.
____________
DaytonaSportbikes Forum

  Ignore this member    Click here to send DaveInDaytona an AIM message. 
Fast Forward


Parking Attendant
Posts: 4
posted March 28, 2003 07:37 AM        Edited By: Fast Forward on 28 Mar 2003 12:46
Thanks for your replies. Smoother is what I am after.
  Ignore this member   
Fast Forward


Parking Attendant
Posts: 4
posted March 28, 2003 01:38 PM        
Hi Vincent,

I have the 00 model. My only gripe with it is the power hit that I get when I am leaned over and I start accelerating. It sucks especially on very sharp, narrow turns. I haven't seen the new body style in person yet, and I don't like it as much, but I will go with function over form.

I want to keep the 12 for a long time and can only treat myself to one upgrade/yr so I want to make sure I have a base that I really like. I was going to buy the PC3r this spring, but after reviewing these boards, I don't think I want something that unreliable on my bike. I ride mostly solo in the country, and don't want to get stuck.

BTW, do frame sliders really save the plastic?

  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Upgrading to 2002/03 model - is it worth it? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed


Copyright 2000-2026 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.20862102508545 seconds processing time