HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: How many are PRIOR SERVICE?? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
BA


Pro
Posts: 1592
posted March 23, 2003 10:53 AM        
How many are PRIOR SERVICE??

Just wondering how many "brothers" are here........


I was just thinking that if I would have stayed in the service for my 20yrs, I'd be serving over there for the Iraq conflict right now.

I did get recalled from Inactive Reserve for Desert Storm, and have my ribbon for it, but that war did not last very long.


So, I'm an Ex-Marine. I only served my 4 yrs Active, and 4 years Inactive, but have been in 29 Palms, Cherry Point, Okinawa, Denmark and Korea.


Who else has served their country in the Armed Services?


Semper Fi.






  Ignore this member   
cmy12rgo


Expert Class
Posts: 160
posted March 23, 2003 12:21 PM        
U.S Navy....served in Desert Shield ....stationed in Bahrain for 6 months.....
was a Stinger weapons system operator.....

  Ignore this member    Click here to visit cmy12rgo's homepage. Click here to send cmy12rgo an AIM message. 
slug


Pro
Out in search of my mind...
Posts: 1433
posted March 23, 2003 12:52 PM        
USN, sub force, in bahrain in 1998, almost got to launch our load of goodies. *almost*

10yrs 1 month


nuclear power plant operator/supervisor, electrician type

  Ignore this member    Click here to send Slug an ICQ message. Click here to add 1734970 to your ICQ list. Click here to visit Slug's homepage. Click here to send Slug an AIM message. 
12RPilot


Pro
Posts: 1094
posted March 23, 2003 12:53 PM        
9+ years, Navy Nuke. USS Enterprise CVN-65 (8 reactors), a Nuke's dream. Wish I could go back now.
  Ignore this member    Click here to send 12RPilot an ICQ message. Click here to add 1781480 to your ICQ list. 
GreenGlenn


Expert Class
Ron Jeremy's Stunt Double
Posts: 370
posted March 23, 2003 01:12 PM        
16 years in subs...
____________
If you love your bike, set it free. If it comes back to you....you probably highsided.

  Ignore this member   
harryzx-12


Needs a job
Posts: 3643
posted March 23, 2003 01:25 PM        
MSGT (ret.) USAF Metals technology (machinist/welder)
____________
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways- Body thoroughly used up, totally worn out...Screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride !!!"

  Ignore this member   
Dino


Pro
Posts: 1422
posted March 23, 2003 02:21 PM        
Navy..3 years...Vietnam era.
____________
uh oh

  Ignore this member   
Dino


Pro
Posts: 1422
posted March 23, 2003 02:21 PM        
Navy..3 years...Vietnam era.
____________
uh oh

  Ignore this member   
Zhooligan


Moderator
Post Whore Extraordinaire!
Posts: 3829
posted March 23, 2003 02:25 PM        Edited By: Zhooligan on 28 Mar 2003 21:43
ditto Dino. SE Asia just about the time when the Navy coverted from Wood ships to Steel! Of course the ships I spent time on wer'nt really ships they were fiberglass and rubber!
____________
To those who do not count their life in years, but in how life
has touched them in the past and how much it can hold in the
future; -- Youth is forever.

  Ignore this member   
kzz1


Zone Head
"Show me whatcha workin with"
Posts: 908
posted March 23, 2003 04:45 PM        
Served a little over four years just enough time to get my hash mark for four years service in the Marines. Ex-Grunt/ Groundpounder... Wish I could be over there with my fellow Marines in Iraqi! OOORAH SEMPER-FI
  Ignore this member   
WARBIRD


Needs a job
Posts: 2739
posted March 23, 2003 05:03 PM        
USAF.......4 years. Vietnam Era also.
____________
I'd Rather Be Roadracing.

  Ignore this member   
aliveagain


Needs a life
Posts: 5033
posted March 23, 2003 06:21 PM        
Never Again Volunteer Yourself boiler tech.been out for 22 years. North atlantic and South American cruises plus Guantanamo Bay, Cuba
____________
I wondered why the baseball kept getting bigger. Then it hit me.

  Ignore this member   
LUCKY12


Expert Class
Posts: 198
posted March 23, 2003 06:41 PM        
I spent a total of 7 years in the Army. Started out in ADA Air Defense also i have a m.o.s. in small arms, and NBC (Nuclear Biological Chemical). I went thru desert training in White Sands NM, jump school at Fort Benning, and one year on the DMZ in Korea. While in Korea, I went to rock ranger school and survival school. I trained ROTC cadets at Fort Lewis WA on mountaineering and survival. I also spent time in Anchorage Alaska and Japan and then many places where we'd just stay for a short time throughout the world. I regret getting out early I could have retired in 2000. I had to get out because of family issues.
  Ignore this member   
jus1975


Expert Class
Posts: 402
posted March 23, 2003 07:31 PM        
I was in the Army for four years (96-00). And I'm in the National Guard. I was a 63T, Bradley Fighting Vehicle Systems Mechanic, which only means you can work on anything broke.
  Ignore this member   
bagster


Zone Head
Posts: 630
posted March 23, 2003 08:34 PM        
4 years army, 83-87.
M60A1 and M1A1 Tanker.
Spent most of my time at Fort Bliss Texas, 2nd Squadron 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment.
Averaged 8 months of the year out in the field up near where you did your desert training LUCKY12.
But they didn't let us drive our dirty tanks anywhere near that blinding white sand.
I was also The NBC NCO for about 4 months.

  Ignore this member   
oldkawboy


Needs a job
Posts: 2125
posted March 23, 2003 08:35 PM        
Army Vet 1972-1975
Spent 2 years with the 101st. Airborne/Air Mobile Detachment
Thanks for asking BA,
Dan

  Ignore this member   
worm~hole


Needs a life
Miles to go before I sleep....
Posts: 10623
posted March 23, 2003 08:50 PM        
USAF 74-80, Security Specialist, SSgt, Lackland AFB (TX), Pope AFB (NC), Galena AFS (AK), F.E. Warren AFB (WY)
____________
“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men
stand ready in the night to visit violence on those
who would do us harm.”

-George Orwell

  Ignore this member   
quickwilly


Expert Class
Posts: 256
posted March 23, 2003 10:49 PM        
USN from 90-00. 10 of the best years of my life... and yea i too was in the gulf.

Fire controllman. mark 14 mod 5 weapons direction system. Or the NTU system, CIWS, Harpoon, seasparrow, Mk 86 5 inch gun system (for you Marines, NGFS ring a bell??) basically every shipboard weapons system with the exception of Aegis and Tomahawk.

Norfolk, VA/ Wakeegan, IL/Mare Island, CA/alameda, CA/Damneck, VA/Bremerton, WA.

USS Carl Vinson (CVN 70)
USS Kidd (DDG-993)

Also served as Master At Arms for about 6 Mo.
____________
Right coast. Left coast. And all points between.

  Ignore this member   
fastestr1


Expert Class
Posts: 300
posted March 23, 2003 11:06 PM        Edited By: fastestr1 on 23 Mar 2003 23:08
Been in 19 this Nov Army and 11 of them as a E-6 Did 7 years in Spec ops 160th SOAR Avionics, Panama and Desert Storm. Stationed in Hawaii now. Wife has been in for 3yrs. And is in Officer Basic course for 90 days now, trying to pass the torch to her
____________
Black 02, 8.99 @ 161.95 motor on NOS
Put one knee down for the curves and both knees down for GOD

  Ignore this member   
JoshDunn


Expert Class
Posts: 373
posted March 24, 2003 12:50 AM        
almost hit my 10 year mark with the Air National Guard,Ground Radio Maint. Combat Com for about 8 years,Now I'm In E&I. Sent to Kuwait back in 2000 over Christmas for a short time. Waiting to see what happens this time....Hopefully they won't snag me for a year like some of my Army buddies. Though I am ready to go If needed.
____________
Yosh Tri-Oval, PCIIIUSB Tuned by Nels

  Ignore this member   
swft


Needs a life
Full throttle!
Posts: One MEEEEEELLION
posted March 24, 2003 06:06 AM        
Early retirement after 16 years as Fire Control Technician on ballistic missiles. Never got close to going over there. Tried to volunteer for GW1, but the SSPO (Strategic Systems Project Office) work was higher priority.
  Ignore this member   
sfoda


Parking Attendant
Posts: 23
posted March 24, 2003 06:07 AM        Edited By: sfoda on 24 Mar 2003 06:08
US Army Special Forces. Retired last year MSG. Served during the Communist rise in Central America, Panama, Somalia, and South American Drug War. I miss some things and don't miss others at all. Our guys are the best! Keep the Faith. De Opresso Liber!
  Ignore this member   
justoyz2


Zone Head
Justoyz Racing
Posts: 858
posted March 24, 2003 08:29 AM        
US ARMY, 87 to present, Computer Spec, assignments, Germany(Turkey, Norway,DenMark), Korea, Egypt, Hawaii(Cp Smith), Bragg, Campbell, Sam Houston, Dix, Gordon. Never Quit..........
  Ignore this member   
ted


Novice Class
Posts: 41
posted March 24, 2003 08:40 AM        
US NAVY Desert Storm


Ted

  Ignore this member     
kawachan


Pro
Posts: 1031
posted March 24, 2003 12:24 PM        
Currently working on year 14...Army National Guard. Supposed to be SFC in a couple of months. Spent most of 2001 in Bosnia. Been called up three times for national disasters.....ice storms here in the South!! "Waiting" on the call right now for Iraq. Enhanced Brigade 11H......we have LOTS of weapons!!
____________
RED NINJAS RULE!!

  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: How many are PRIOR SERVICE?? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed


Copyright 2000-2026 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.21606516838074 seconds processing time