HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Quick PC-IIIR Question NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
KawRider


Expert Class
Posts: 329
posted November 23, 2001 03:37 PM        
Quick PC-IIIR Question

OK.... too late at night to start up my bike (12PM) with my freshly installed PC-IIIR. I was able to turn on the ignition. The PCIIIr goes thru it's little self-test... but I end up with a DFI light. Is this normal? Im hoping when I start up the bike in the AM the DFI light will go away???? The install was pretty easy, other than figuring out how to route the cables.

Thanks!

Tim

00 12R

  Ignore this member   
ZX12Girl


Pro
Adrenaline Junkie
Posts: 1740
posted November 23, 2001 03:46 PM        
Have you uploaded the map already????
  Ignore this member   
KawRider


Expert Class
Posts: 329
posted November 23, 2001 03:53 PM        
Map Uploaded

Yes the map is uploaded already. I did it with that funky 9 volt battery adapter thingy I got from DJ. Im going to take the computer down to the gr=arage in the am to check out the map, and also do the throttle position sensor calibration on her. Do you have any DFI lights with the key on???? (Bike not running)


  Ignore this member   
KawRider


Expert Class
Posts: 329
posted November 23, 2001 10:19 PM        Edited By: KawRider on 23 Nov 2001 22:20
Advice

No-one is helping me? DFI light when I turn the ignotion key on. Im assuming NOT normal? Im going to go see if she will start.



Tim

00 12R

  Ignore this member   
ZX12Girl


Pro
Adrenaline Junkie
Posts: 1740
posted November 23, 2001 10:54 PM        
Hey Bud....I wasn't ignoring you...I had to go help the hubby!!!!



No, I am very sorry but I can't help you on this one. When we installed my PCIII. We plugged everything in, turn on the laptop, uploaded the map and had no issues like the one that you are having!!!!

Anybody else heard of this!!!!!!!

  Ignore this member   
KawRider


Expert Class
Posts: 329
posted November 23, 2001 10:56 PM        
Connectors

On the Muzzy instructions it says that there are 2 connectors side by side... connect the PCIIr to the LEFT one. From the PIC Im assuming they took the pic from the right side of the bike, and they are talking about the 2nd connector over from the right? There is actually a 3rd connector on the far left. The PIC didn't include the 3rd connector.... I just hooked my PCIIIR up to the second connector from the right... near the middle/back side of the tank. Please TELL me I did it right????????
I hope I didn't screw anything up.

Thanks

Tim

12R

  Ignore this member   
zxrcy


Novice Class
Posts: 62
posted November 23, 2001 10:59 PM        
PC3R

As I recall the DFI light always comes on when you turn the ignition on until you start the engine (its too cold to go look - snowing). When you mount the PC3R make sure you have a good ground. I grounded mine to the u/s of the tank on one of the screws. Mine works well withg either laptaop or PalmPilot. Make sure you route all the wires so they won't get chafed or squished against the frame.

  Ignore this member   
zxrcy


Novice Class
Posts: 62
posted November 23, 2001 11:15 PM        
Connectors

As I recall it only fits one connector so you can't get it wrong. If the PC3R is going through its diagnostic it is probably connected okay. Also if you can upload to it then it is okay. When I wired mine up I had a question about the black wire and e-mailed Dynojet. Mike Belcher of DJ replied:

>"I apologize for the confusion. The black wire is a ground >wire. If the bike is running and communication is active >then it is installed correctly.


  Ignore this member   
KawRider


Expert Class
Posts: 329
posted November 23, 2001 11:19 PM        
Reply

Thanks for the reply!

Im going to go check it out now!

Tim

00 12R

  Ignore this member   
KawRider


Expert Class
Posts: 329
posted November 24, 2001 05:14 AM        
It worked just fine

It works fine. I guess the dfi light is normal. It goes away after the bike is started.

Tim

00 12R

  Ignore this member   
y2kzx12r


Needs a job
CompetitionCNC.com
Posts: 3762
posted November 24, 2001 06:21 AM        
Kaw rider, the dfi light goes off on my bike. It comes on with the low oil pressure light and then shuts off.
____________
Y2KZX12R
CompetitionCNC.com

  Ignore this member    Click here to visit Y2KZX12R's homepage. 
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Quick PC-IIIR Question NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed


Copyright 2000-2026 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.22879910469055 seconds processing time