Zhooligan

Moderator
Post Whore Extraordinaire!
Posts: 3829
|
posted January 14, 2003 09:08 PM
Edited By: Zhooligan on 15 Jan 2003 11:24
177.6
Had a mysterious 2003 Ducati 998R in the shop today. Pulled a mere 177.6 SAE horsepower out of the box. Damn V-twins are just under powered.
____________
To those who do not count their life in years, but in how life
has touched them in the past and how much it can hold in the
future; -- Youth is forever.
|
Hells Dark Lord

Needs a life
living life, and loving it.
Posts: 7981
|
posted January 14, 2003 09:31 PM
that is crazy.......I want one...lol
____________
When in doubt, lean farther and go faster....
|
your car is slow

Needs a job
Fuck Nitrous...Got Boost?
Posts: 4089
|
posted January 14, 2003 09:35 PM
do whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa? 177hp?
____________
Do not taunt happy fun ball!
|
Hells Dark Lord

Needs a life
living life, and loving it.
Posts: 7981
|
posted January 14, 2003 10:15 PM
fuk Milk and Nitrous, got Ducatti? lmfao
____________
When in doubt, lean farther and go faster....
|
Zhooligan

Moderator
Post Whore Extraordinaire!
Posts: 3829
|
posted January 14, 2003 10:19 PM
I'm not certain what Ducati is selling this 2003 WSB spec bike for. But I believe it is somewhat out of most of our reach! But is an interesting spot to start from with the up-coming AMA season.
____________
To those who do not count their life in years, but in how life
has touched them in the past and how much it can hold in the
future; -- Youth is forever.
|
Hells Dark Lord

Needs a life
living life, and loving it.
Posts: 7981
|
posted January 14, 2003 10:29 PM
i cant wait to see the new 999 on the track to see how it compares to the old 998 and 996 models....I really like the 748/749 series also. I think this may be a good year for Ducati
____________
When in doubt, lean farther and go faster....
|
entropy
Moderator
Posts: 8671
|
posted January 15, 2003 04:01 AM
ZH,
could you post the hp/rpm curve. Mighty lot o' hp for a TWIN!!!!!!
____________
This moderator uses moderation in moderation
|
TurboBlew

Moderator
BUSY DOING THE SCHIAVO
Posts: 4590
|
posted January 15, 2003 04:28 AM
Damn... I wish I was in the room to hear the song the 999 was singing!
____________
Official Charter Member of the RIDERS OF KAWASAKI MEMBERSHIP REVOCATION CLUB
Also a BadAss Internet Forum Moderator 4 Hire!! Come at me brah!
|
swft

Needs a life
Full throttle!
Posts: One MEEEEEELLION
|
posted January 15, 2003 06:55 AM
Actually, that bike was a 998RS.
|
EastBayDave

Needs a job
Posts: 2245
|
posted January 15, 2003 07:45 AM
something smells fishy to me...
____________
Enjoy the ride!
02' ZRX1200
00' ZX12R sold
|
magzx12r

Expert Class
Posts: 252
|
posted January 15, 2003 08:20 AM
That has to be a Superbike Spec engine to make that kind of horsepower from the Duc.
____________
Mark
'03 ZX-12R
'12 1199S
|
12RPilot

Pro
Posts: 1094
|
posted January 15, 2003 11:39 AM
Yeah. Kinda sounds like a 2003 WSB spec bike. Hmmmm......
____________
If you aren't an AMA member, you're part of the problem.
NESBA #209
http://www.bikepics.com/members/12rpilot/04zx10r/
|
Hells Dark Lord

Needs a life
living life, and loving it.
Posts: 7981
|
posted January 16, 2003 12:08 AM
it has to be....talk about a factory works bike, that is the only way that you are ever gonna get that kind of HP from a twin.....but I bet on that light ass bike that kinda hp would be intoxicating.....mmmmmmm mmmmm
____________
When in doubt, lean farther and go faster....
|
swft

Needs a life
Full throttle!
Posts: One MEEEEEELLION
|
posted January 16, 2003 07:19 AM
I'll repeat myself: It's last year's 998RS.
|
Hells Dark Lord

Needs a life
living life, and loving it.
Posts: 7981
|
posted January 16, 2003 09:09 AM
say it again SWFT......what was that you said???? I missed it????
____________
When in doubt, lean farther and go faster....
|
your car is slow

Needs a job
Fuck Nitrous...Got Boost?
Posts: 4089
|
posted January 16, 2003 11:08 AM
I think he was agreeing that it was the new 999.
____________
Do not taunt happy fun ball!
|
Hells Dark Lord

Needs a life
living life, and loving it.
Posts: 7981
|
posted January 18, 2003 06:50 AM
i think you are right YCIS...loleither way, I dont care what model it is, I wanna ride a 380lbs 177 hp Vtwin...oh yeah babbbbby
____________
When in doubt, lean farther and go faster....
|
|
|