HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Add USAA to the list NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Your Car Is Slow


Needs a job
Fuck Nitrous...Got Boost?
Posts: 4089
posted December 10, 2002 04:39 PM        
Add USAA to the list

Got my renewal policy in the mail today....insurance on the bike is just about double what it was...and is now over 225 dollars a month. This is insane....the policy writer I spoke to on the phone was straight up and blunt in his comment of "This sort of increase shows that USAA no longer wants to hold policies for this sort of motorcycle"

So..its time for a switch...whos the current best price leader??
____________
Do not taunt happy fun ball!

  Ignore this member    Click here to send Your Car Is Slow an AIM message. 
Your Car Is Slow


Needs a job
Fuck Nitrous...Got Boost?
Posts: 4089
posted December 10, 2002 04:40 PM        
what really blows is that I have been with this insurance company for over 13 years.
____________
Do not taunt happy fun ball!

  Ignore this member    Click here to send Your Car Is Slow an AIM message. 
zx12richard


Pro
The Green Monster..
Posts: 1133
posted December 10, 2002 04:45 PM        
state farm.... 318 a year full coverage...
  Ignore this member   
Your Car Is Slow


Needs a job
Fuck Nitrous...Got Boost?
Posts: 4089
posted December 10, 2002 04:57 PM        
Too bad I live in florida..they dont offer policies here.
____________
Do not taunt happy fun ball!

  Ignore this member    Click here to send Your Car Is Slow an AIM message. 
TurboBlew


Moderator
BUSY DOING THE SCHIAVO
Posts: 4590
posted December 10, 2002 05:15 PM        
USAA, isnt that some kind of military insurance?
____________
Official Charter Member of the RIDERS OF KAWASAKI MEMBERSHIP REVOCATION CLUB
Also a BadAss Internet Forum Moderator 4 Hire!! Come at me brah!

  Ignore this member   
Your Car Is Slow


Needs a job
Fuck Nitrous...Got Boost?
Posts: 4089
posted December 10, 2002 05:23 PM        Edited By: Your Car Is Slow on 10 Dec 2002 17:26
Yea....Had it through my father since I was 15.

Just called up and dropped Collision and Medical payments....

74 dollars a month now

Insane....they wanted over 2000 a year to insure a bike they probably wouldnt even give me 7000 for if it was totalled.
____________
Do not taunt happy fun ball!

  Ignore this member    Click here to send Your Car Is Slow an AIM message. 
Hells Dark Lord


Needs a life
living life, and loving it.
Posts: 7981
posted December 10, 2002 08:25 PM        
YCIS, i just renewed my policy with them, it broke down to about 48 dollars a month, I have all of my vehicles insured through USAA, my 98 chevy half ton, my 98 Rodeo, my 01 ZX6R, my 01 ZX12R and my 14ft enclosed trailer...all for about 220 a month.....not great, but its not bad.....I dont know if its an age thing, or because I have so many vehicles through them.

____________
When in doubt, lean farther and go faster....

  Ignore this member   
TechMan


Parking Attendant
Posts: 1
posted December 21, 2002 07:09 AM        Edited By: TechMan on 21 Dec 2002 07:11
I've been with USAA for over ten years and they once again proved how good they were last month. I had my first motorcycle accident and it was just a 10mph rear end hit on I95 South in Virginia. Grid lock traffic got the best of me and cost to repair was over $5,000 (never realized a single fork tube would be $1,000). Anyways, even after paying that out (totally my fault) and then getting the bike stolen in October they paid out a little over $9500.00 less my deductible after the painfully long 30 day waiting period. I was comparing insurance as I was shopping for my new bike to replace the GSXR1000 as I figured USAA probably wouldn't touch the bike....$249.21 every six months, full comp and collision, $500.00 deductible. I do have renters insurance and my Dodge RAM insured with them. Tops in my book and certainly more affordable then I ever expected. The agent did say they are really tight on the accidents and tickets but my record is spotless less that recent accident. The other thing USAA will not cover is racing in any form or fashion and anyone with tickets for excessive speed or reckless driving.
  Ignore this member   
your car is slow


Needs a job
Fuck Nitrous...Got Boost?
Posts: 4089
posted December 21, 2002 11:21 AM        
I have renters and my two trucks with them as well....this is beginning to annoy me :/

ohwell...a few more months and the last ticket comes off my record (3 yrs ago)....perhaps thats it....I dunno.
____________
Do not taunt happy fun ball!

  Ignore this member    Click here to send Your Car Is Slow an AIM message. 
RAC4IT


Needs a job
Bergie
Posts: 3009
posted December 21, 2002 11:30 AM        
You guys need to realize that insurance agents are independant reps for the parent companies and most of the rate they quote you goes in their own pockets. I shopped around a couple years ago and the SAME COMPANY (Allstate) yet different agents for the exact same policy varied from $450 to $2100!!! I asked them straight up what the deal was and that is the answer I was given, each agent sets his own policy pricing. I ended up switching from our 20+ year "family" agent to a new agent in the same company!!! Saved me $1500/year. BASTARDS!! This was years ago with my ZX11, now I have a different company and pay $438 every 6months full coverage on my ZX12.
  Ignore this member   
ted


Novice Class
Posts: 41
posted December 21, 2002 08:10 PM        
I have had usaa for 15 years never a problem. I have 2 cars a volvo s80t6 and windstar a husky 610 and my 12 and also my boat and its only about 300 a month. Policy was just renewed. I have never had a problem with them and the rates have been more then fare. This is New Jersey where I'm sure you all know the insurance rates are insane.
  Ignore this member     
ricksgsxr


Zone Head
Posts: 511
posted December 22, 2002 07:49 AM        
quote:
Too bad I live in florida..they dont offer policies here.


State Farm? Uh, Yes they do! if you have another vehicle insured with them. Mine is $345 per yr, full coverage. I'm a little older than ya so likely a few $ cheaper. Knowone came close to them.

  Ignore this member   
DaveInDaytona


Pro
Posts: 1696
posted December 22, 2002 08:01 AM        
quote:
Too bad I live in florida..they dont offer policies here.



Wrong wrong wrong !! State Farm does write motorcycle policies, and without any other insurance with them.

I thought that when I called the local agent and asked about just motorcycle insurance. I was told that they had to have all my policies to write it or the answer was no. They quoted crap rates on all my other stuff so I didn't switch. After some shopping around advice from RedElk I went to State Farm's web site. I did an agent search by putting in my zip code and 27 agents with email addresses came up. I sent each the same email (blind copy so they didn't see it was a mass amiling)asking to write my bike only and 25 of the 27 said they couldn't because it was against State Farm plolicy. 2 said yes. I now have my bike with State Farm and the auto and home with Allstate.

Shop around Brian, these agents are jerking you around. And when you get down to it you'd rather have the agent that says yes because they are giving you the real story.

Good luck,

Dave
____________
DaytonaSportbikes Forum

  Ignore this member    Click here to send DaveInDaytona an AIM message. 
beansbaxter


Needs a life
Posts: 5911
posted December 22, 2002 12:18 PM        Edited By: beansbaxter on 22 Dec 2002 12:19
Get comprehensive coverage (fire, theft)....then if you wreck it, just ride it out somewhere, lay it down, get a ride back home, report it stolen. Make sure when the insurance agent comes by, your not hobbling or have any casts on. Since it was stolen, they will find your motorcycle, and fix the damage.

A Progressive agent told me this, said it was something he saw done once.

  Ignore this member    Click here to visit beansbaxter's homepage. 
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Add USAA to the list NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed


Copyright 2000-2026 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.28003096580505 seconds processing time