aliveagain

Needs a life
Posts: 5033
|
posted May 23, 2009 12:14 PM
first ride in 2009
I've been struggling to get the bike running right for the last couple of years.I took her out today on the maiden run for a heat cycle and it felt good. Starting was no problem even without the 24vdc system on.The last half mile walk home kind of sucked though!! Haven't a clue as it just shut off and would not start.I'm charging the battery and then will check for codes.
____________
I wondered why the baseball kept getting bigger. Then it hit me.
|
entropy
Moderator
Posts: 8671
|
posted May 24, 2009 06:29 AM
got plenty of gas??
____________
This moderator uses moderation in moderation
|
aliveagain

Needs a life
Posts: 5033
|
posted May 26, 2009 08:35 AM
Tried the 24vdc system and it will still only start when cold.Once it is hot,it only spins the starter without engaging.Added some fuel for the idle as it was jumping4-500rpm's which smoothed it out.
____________
I wondered why the baseball kept getting bigger. Then it hit me.
|
EastBayDave

Needs a job
Posts: 2245
|
posted May 26, 2009 10:38 AM
crap in the tank? have you put some "Stabil" in there?
____________
Enjoy the ride!
02' ZRX1200
00' ZX12R sold
|
aliveagain

Needs a life
Posts: 5033
|
posted May 26, 2009 11:55 AM
quote: crap in the tank? have you put some "Stabil" in there?
And this would cause it not to start while hot?Yeah there is stabilizer in the tank but the shit is still a year old.I put a gallon of vp red in there to freshen it up.
____________
I wondered why the baseball kept getting bigger. Then it hit me.
|
aliveagain

Needs a life
Posts: 5033
|
posted May 27, 2009 06:21 PM
I took the bike and went for a nice twenty mile ride to break in the motor.I went back to the 24vdc starting and now I have no problems.I replaced the wire coming from the battery box to the secondary battery and when I did,the terminal split.So I ended up replacing both units to make up the 24 volts.Next,I need to make sure the air shifter is working right.One test on the dyno and I'll be able to make a few passes.It feels good to be back on the road.
____________
I wondered why the baseball kept getting bigger. Then it hit me.
|
aliveagain

Needs a life
Posts: 5033
|
posted May 30, 2009 02:57 PM
Haven't seen the fairing on in awhile.

____________
I wondered why the baseball kept getting bigger. Then it hit me.
|
|
|