HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: anyone running one of these bad boys NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
zxlnt


Needs a job
Kawpuke Extraordinare
Posts: 2853
posted October 01, 2002 04:24 PM        Edited By: zxlnt on 1 Oct 2002 17:25
Anyone Running One Of These Bad Boys

I have been racking my mind over and over what I want to do to my bike. I still have a "Virgin" 1270cc kit in the box that I have had for almost 2 years now. I just have never gotten around to putting it in. Now I don't know if I should just go ahead and do it, or sell it and go for this set up.




Luckily I have a good hookup on Muzzy parts so the price isn't too exhorbitant for me. I'm think the extra 47 cc's over the 1270 would be nice to have for sure. If I do decide to go with it, the 1270 kit will be up for sale. It's complete with everything. Only thing I have done is take the rings out to check the end gap and then boxed it back up..

  Ignore this member   
Your Car Is Slow


Needs a job
Fuck Nitrous...Got Boost?
Posts: 4089
posted October 01, 2002 05:24 PM        
How much you thinking for the 1270?
____________
Do not taunt happy fun ball!

  Ignore this member    Click here to send Your Car Is Slow an AIM message. 
zxlnt


Needs a job
Kawpuke Extraordinare
Posts: 2853
posted October 01, 2002 06:03 PM        
YCIS I dont know yet. I have to check with my guy and see how much I paid for it. I can't even remember what I did pay for it now. I'm not gonna give it away, so to speak but it wont be retail either of course..

  Ignore this member   
Your Car Is Slow


Needs a job
Fuck Nitrous...Got Boost?
Posts: 4089
posted October 01, 2002 06:28 PM        
I bid a dollar jk

*let me know
____________
Do not taunt happy fun ball!

  Ignore this member    Click here to send Your Car Is Slow an AIM message. 
brickman


Expert Class
Posts: 294
posted October 01, 2002 09:25 PM        
125 do i get it.
  Ignore this member   
ZHooligan


Moderator
Post Whore Extraordinaire!
Posts: 3829
posted October 02, 2002 12:06 AM        
You can't discount cubic inches or CCs. I do have to say having had both the 1270 and 1361 I like the torque of the stroker motor over the 1270. I don't see the 1317 as anything more then a suped up 1270, ie good top end hit but not quite the tractor pull of the stoker.

The real question is why have you had a 1270 kit for two years that has not been installed?
____________
To those who do not count their life in years, but in how life
has touched them in the past and how much it can hold in the
future; -- Youth is forever.

  Ignore this member   
moodybluezx12r


Expert Class
Posts: 344
posted October 02, 2002 12:36 AM        
good question zhool...yeah why haven't you installed it...and i bid $200.00
____________


Raleigh, NC
Ride it! Like You Stole It!

  Ignore this member    Click here to visit moodybluezx12r's homepage. 
your car is slow


Needs a job
Fuck Nitrous...Got Boost?
Posts: 4089
posted October 02, 2002 05:37 AM        
201....bastards..I was here first!
____________
Do not taunt happy fun ball!

  Ignore this member    Click here to send Your Car Is Slow an AIM message. 
RAC4IT


Needs a job
Bergie
Posts: 3009
posted October 02, 2002 09:36 AM        
500 cash
  Ignore this member   
your car is slow


Needs a job
Fuck Nitrous...Got Boost?
Posts: 4089
posted October 02, 2002 11:22 AM        
What do you think we were going to pay him in? Lettuce?

501
____________
Do not taunt happy fun ball!

  Ignore this member    Click here to send Your Car Is Slow an AIM message. 
kcadby


Pro
Posts: 1733
posted October 02, 2002 11:47 AM        
OK $5,002!!!

It DOES come WITH the bike right???

  Ignore this member    Click here to visit kcadby's homepage. 
zxlnt


Needs a job
Kawpuke Extraordinare
Posts: 2853
posted October 02, 2002 11:51 AM        
Ha ha I could almost let it go with that crashed 01 I have for that price, and still come out ahead.. Keep the bidding wars going. Still gonna have to wait and see what my hookup said I paid for the kit way back yonder..


  Ignore this member   
brickman


Expert Class
Posts: 294
posted October 02, 2002 12:57 PM        
ok 550 and i well thow in one of my whores.
  Ignore this member   
zxlnt


Needs a job
Kawpuke Extraordinare
Posts: 2853
posted October 02, 2002 05:10 PM        
Ha ha your gonna have to come up at least double that and then some to even been in the ball park..

  Ignore this member   
Your Car Is Slow


Needs a job
Fuck Nitrous...Got Boost?
Posts: 4089
posted October 02, 2002 06:55 PM        
double that an then some is 1100+ bucks.

Isnt the whole kit like 2k from muzzy?
____________
Do not taunt happy fun ball!

  Ignore this member    Click here to send Your Car Is Slow an AIM message. 
ZHooligan


Moderator
Post Whore Extraordinaire!
Posts: 3829
posted October 02, 2002 08:30 PM        
If you count the core charge that's about right. Without the core charge it is about $1100 if I remeber correctly..
____________
To those who do not count their life in years, but in how life
has touched them in the past and how much it can hold in the
future; -- Youth is forever.

  Ignore this member   
entropy


Moderator
Posts: 8671
posted October 03, 2002 02:55 AM        
1270: TOTAL WITH REFUNDABLE CORE CHARGE $1874.95
____________
This moderator uses moderation in moderation

  Ignore this member   
ninja12


Needs a job
Posts: 3310
posted October 03, 2002 08:32 AM        
After 2 years, Would the buyer still get the refund on the core?

  Ignore this member   
zxlnt


Needs a job
Kawpuke Extraordinare
Posts: 2853
posted October 03, 2002 10:45 AM        
Yeah I dont know why not.
  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: anyone running one of these bad boys NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed


Copyright 2000-2026 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.22564101219177 seconds processing time