tbbt
Expert Class
Posts: 114
|
posted September 29, 2002 06:33 PM
SBN went belly-up. Fred pulled the plug...
I don't know how many folks visited the SBN forums, but SBN is no longer. Evidently Fred has had enough and shut down the site. The site did have its share off young nit-wits on there, but it was still a decent board. It was really active to. Shame that its going away....
____________
AKA: T^2
|
DaveInDaytona

Pro
Posts: 1696
|
posted September 29, 2002 07:54 PM
That was one of my regular stops, and the busiest sportbike site I know of. Too bad it died but I can understand the hassle.
I'll bet .ws is getting buried right now....
____________
DaytonaSportbikes Forum
|
zxlnt

Needs a job
Kawpuke Extraordinare
Posts: 2853
|
posted September 30, 2002 12:57 AM
.ws???
|
DaveInDaytona

Pro
Posts: 1696
|
posted September 30, 2002 03:11 AM
http://www.sportbikes.ws/
____________
DaytonaSportbikes Forum
|
zxlnt

Needs a job
Kawpuke Extraordinare
Posts: 2853
|
posted September 30, 2002 08:55 AM
Doh I figured that out not long after I posted that. Too bad about Fred, if u sorted thru all the b.s. posts over there, there was some pretty good info and such.
|
slug

Pro
Out in search of my mind...
Posts: 1433
|
posted September 30, 2002 01:31 PM
well, too bad, sorta...he wants someone to pay him 6 figures for the site name.
it went under because he 'needed more time for his family and didnt have the time to devote to the site' <-- though i know at least one person that offered free help with the admin, he was told impolitely to pack it....
and a company letting him host on a brand new server, (we all remember when it went down for day while they moved it to the new server don't we?) and him getting upset because they wouldn't let him have root on their new server, that housed other company sites?
anyway hope the .ws doesn't overload and squid out too bad
peace...
|
Your Car Is Slow

Needs a job
Fuck Nitrous...Got Boost?
Posts: 4089
|
posted September 30, 2002 03:24 PM
.ws is already nuts...nearly doubled its membership today only.
____________
Do not taunt happy fun ball!
|
|
|