HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: rear foot pegs NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
suntzuaow


Parking Attendant
Posts: 4
posted September 24, 2002 10:58 AM        
rear foot pegs

I'm new to the board. I just brought a left over 2001 12. great price. just one question I was looking for a slip on then i came across dennis kirk web site and they had a close out for RS 3 Oval Duplex Race Only Exhaust System. I brought it and i am awaiting for it to arrive. The one problem i have is they told me I lose my rear footpegs. Any way around this? Do they have kits or anything like that so I can keep my footpegs? Any help will be much appreciated

  Ignore this member   
beansbaxter


Needs a life
Posts: 5911
posted September 24, 2002 02:13 PM        
It took me forever to get a hold of an exhaust bracket to get rid of my rear footpegs...any reason why you want to keep them? Just curious, that's all.
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit beansbaxter's homepage. 
swft


Needs a life
Full throttle!
Posts: One MEEEEEELLION
posted September 24, 2002 07:10 PM        Edited By: swft on 26 Sep 2002 08:39
I think you can keep the left one.
  Ignore this member   
BA


Pro
Posts: 1592
posted September 26, 2002 07:58 AM        
Somebody's smokin' some crack, I'm just not sure WHO.


  Ignore this member   
Otis


Needs a job
Captain Kickstand
Posts: 3028
posted September 26, 2002 08:03 AM        
I agree BA, I have that exhaust and I didn't loose anything. Is it a high mount suntz?
____________
It's a free country brother

  Ignore this member   
Ninjaman12R


Needs a job
as a Deal's Gap tour guide.
Posts: 4767
posted September 26, 2002 09:13 AM        
Ahhhh...

It has GOT to be a high-mount if your losing the passenger peg. I've got the Yosh RS3 Duplex Race System on my 12 and retained the passenger pegs. It fit like a glove and works even better.
____________

What we're dealin' with here is a complete lack of respect for the law.

Sheriff Buford T. Justice of TEXAS

  Ignore this member   
suntzuaow


Parking Attendant
Posts: 4
posted September 26, 2002 12:48 PM        
I'm going to enjoy being on this board. The reason I want to keep the rear pegs. My bike is a chick magnet. LOL I can't believe all the women who want a ride. If I can't get laid now, I'll probaly never will. ROFL Anyway still haven't received it from UPS, but the sit says high exit muffler. Just wonder if the tech reps at Dennis Kirk don't know what they are talking about. check it out for yourself here's the link

http://www.denniskirk.com/powervendor/details/detail.asp?serverid=nlStreet&PartNo=430667

  Ignore this member   
ninja12


Needs a job
Posts: 3310
posted September 26, 2002 01:00 PM        
Site says it is a high mount.
  Ignore this member   
BlakNout


Parking Attendant
Posts: 9
posted September 26, 2002 03:15 PM        
I have that exhaust, and yes you will lose the right passenger peg. I am still trying to figure out a way to get it back on. If you think of a way before me, kindly let me in on the secret. Thanks
____________
Jay

  Ignore this member    Click here to send BlakNout an AIM message. 
WORM~HOLE


Needs a life
Miles to go before I sleep....
Posts: 10623
posted September 26, 2002 09:04 PM        
...just tell the chics to wrap their legs around yer' waist...yeah...that's it!
____________
“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men
stand ready in the night to visit violence on those
who would do us harm.”

-George Orwell

  Ignore this member   
swft


Needs a life
Full throttle!
Posts: One MEEEEEELLION
posted September 27, 2002 07:32 AM        
Got any pics of the pipe on the bike?
____________
82 Gpz750, 84 Ninja 900, 2000 ZX12R (Muzzy Big Bore Kit), *another* 2000 ZX12R (Muzzy custom stroke crank 1341cc motor), 2004 ZZR1200, 2005 ZX10R, 2007 ZX14, 2008 Concours 14, 2014 Versys 650, 2014 Yamaha WR450F, 2015 Ninja H2


  Ignore this member   
BlakNout


Parking Attendant
Posts: 9
posted September 29, 2002 07:08 AM        
I have pictures, but I do not know how to post them. If you want I can email them to you.
____________
Jay

  Ignore this member    Click here to send BlakNout an AIM message. 
EastBayDave


Needs a job
Posts: 2245
posted September 29, 2002 07:15 AM        
quote:
I'm going to enjoy being on this board. The reason I want to keep the rear pegs. My bike is a chick magnet. LOL I can't believe all the women who want a ride. If I can't get laid now, I'll probaly never will. ROFL Anyway still haven't received it from UPS, but the sit says high exit muffler. Just wonder if the tech reps at Dennis Kirk don't know what they are talking about. check it out for yourself here's the link

http://www.denniskirk.com/powervendor/details/detail.asp?serverid=nlStreet&PartNo=430667


Just adjust your counterbalancer for EXTRA vibration al la HD. Then all you do is give them a bike ride; ending at a motel...
____________
Enjoy the ride!
02' ZRX1200
00' ZX12R sold

  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: rear foot pegs NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed


Copyright 2000-2026 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.27144002914429 seconds processing time