HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Oiling to Number 3? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
dougmeyer


Needs a job
moderated
Posts: 2713
posted August 28, 2008 03:14 PM        
"For best results" the oil should be no lower than 1/2 the sight glass with the bike VERTICAL (only vertical). Wheelies are OK if you don't work to carry them. The normal "inadvertant" wheelie won't hurt you.
____________
It's not that I think you're dumb, it's just that so much of what you know isn't true....

  Ignore this member   
rossi


Novice Class
Posts: 77
posted August 29, 2008 07:18 AM        
Ya sounds good. Is there any paticular oil that seems to be better than Ams-Oil. I'm stationed in Georgia and the bike seems to always run a little hot down here. Maybe there's something else I can add on like a new fan blade or something to keep it a little cooler???
  Ignore this member   
TRNorBRN6001


Needs a job
Posts: 2021
posted August 29, 2008 11:05 AM        
Fan switch might help a little, but traffic sucks!

I run mine on the top portion of the mark for the street and then fill it just to the top
of the sight glass when running LSR events. I have not heard of problems
with oil staying in the head on a ZX-12, but it gives me a little peace of mind
with high RPM long runs.

I think Karl has data logged oil pressure at high sustained rpms and found no problems.

.........................................but my motor might spin up a little quicker with a touch of nitrous.
____________
TFA 200MPH CLUB MEMBER!

  Ignore this member   
Nox


Needs a job
PMRA / TMRC Super Street 4022
Posts: 3745
posted August 29, 2008 12:45 PM        
These fans you speak of......., what are they........

LOL
____________
42 Wins
21 Runner-ups
2010 TMRC Super Street Points Champion
2010 PMRA Super Street #3 Points
2009 PMRA Super Street Points Runner-Up
6 Time Centerville Dragway Points Champion
Sponsored by:
Scorpion Helmets
Galfer Braking
AMSOIL
Steve's Speed Shop
Kawasaki Sports Center
Mickey Thompson Tires
Catalyst Racing Composites
Conway Cycle
Syed Leathers

  Ignore this member   
rossi


Novice Class
Posts: 77
posted September 03, 2008 10:15 AM        
ya I could use a fan or something to help keep it cool. As far as the oil I will keep it in the middle of the sight glass. The Ams-Oil I'm using I was told helps keep the engine running about 20% cooler, or so I'm told.
  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 3 pages long: 1  2  3   ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Oiling to Number 3? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed


Copyright 2000-2026 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.34253597259521 seconds processing time