HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: who's running bt 010's on front and rear? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
jason370


Zone Head
Posts: 589
posted August 12, 2002 10:07 AM        
who's running bt 010's on front and rear?

did you know that bt's website lists the 011's as the correct tire for the front and not the 010. they do list the 010 for the rear however. does anyone know what the difference is, if any?

jason
____________
'02 ZX12 black/gold

  Ignore this member    Click here to send jason370 an AIM message. 
Otis


Needs a job
Captain Kickstand
Posts: 3028
posted August 12, 2002 10:34 AM        
I am and I don't know the difference between the two tires you are speaking of. The 010-'s are awesome ont he front and rear.
____________
It's a free country brother

  Ignore this member   
jason370


Zone Head
Posts: 589
posted August 12, 2002 10:48 AM        
Chet got this from the owners manual, which calls for the following Bridgestones as alternatives to the Dunlops:

Front:
Size: 120/70ZR17 (58W)
Bridgestone Battlax BT011F radial

Rear:
Size: 200/50ZR17 (75W)
Bridgestone Battlax BT010R radial
_________________
Zaphod
Y2K ZX-12R
____________
'02 ZX12 black/gold

  Ignore this member    Click here to send jason370 an AIM message. 
jason370


Zone Head
Posts: 589
posted August 12, 2002 11:00 AM        
listed as O.E on bt's website

http://www.motorcycle-karttires.com/

105341 120/70ZR17 17 BT011F BW TL - 58W Z 23.7 4.7 5 520 42

089346 200/50ZR17 17 BT010R BW TL - 75W Z 24.9 7.8 6 853 42

____________
'02 ZX12 black/gold

  Ignore this member    Click here to send jason370 an AIM message. 
your car is slow


Needs a job
Fuck Nitrous...Got Boost?
Posts: 4089
posted August 12, 2002 11:04 AM        
010s here...lovem!
____________
Do not taunt happy fun ball!

  Ignore this member    Click here to send Your Car Is Slow an AIM message. 
tapani


Novice Class
Posts: 56
posted August 12, 2002 11:25 AM        
Jason I have the set 11 front 10 back.
11 is harder ( the sides are muuuch firmer...)

regards tapani

  Ignore this member   
jason370


Zone Head
Posts: 589
posted August 12, 2002 12:39 PM        
tapani,

have you ever had an 010 on the front, do you notice a difference in the fron tire grip? any low speed wobble?

jason
____________
'02 ZX12 black/gold

  Ignore this member    Click here to send jason370 an AIM message. 
m hackman


Parking Attendant
Posts: 12
posted August 12, 2002 01:09 PM        
BT010

I'VE GOT A SET OF THE BT010S ON AND FIND THEM TO BE AS GOOD AS FAR AS GRIP AS THE 207S.THEY ARE WEARING VERY WELL.THE REAR 207S WAS SHOT AT 6700KMS AND SO FAR AT 5300 KMS ON THE BT010 REAR AND IT'S NOT EVEN HALF WORN.THEY HAVE A ROUNDER PROFILE THAN THE DUNLOPS AND DON'T WEAR AS QUICKLY IN THE CENTER TREAD.I DRIVE THE BIKE MODERATE TO HARD.
MIKEY

  Ignore this member     
tapani


Novice Class
Posts: 56
posted August 13, 2002 12:58 PM        
hmm.I'm not an expert on tires and this is my first pair of bridges so
I asked the guy in shop what is the difference between 10 and 11 for front
and he said you can feel the firmer edges by hand.yes it is harder.
I think both kawa and busa recommends the 11 for front not only for highspeeds
but also for quicker steering. I did put 190 back instead of 200 and it seems to
work nice and it's easier to turn the bike... Dont' know about the low speed wobble...

  Ignore this member   
jason370


Zone Head
Posts: 589
posted August 13, 2002 05:59 PM        
i swear that the frot d208 is the biggest piece of shit that i have ever ridden. i almost low sided today doing 7 mph. it wobbles, slides, it is a disgrace. i'm buying an 010r and an 011f today
____________
'02 ZX12 black/gold

  Ignore this member    Click here to send jason370 an AIM message. 
zx12rpilot


Expert Class
Posts: 120
posted August 13, 2002 06:07 PM        
ok, my novice two cents.. replaced d208 with 190 d207 and the darn thing spins like crazy. Next time maybe BTO10 or 12...? Anyone else try the 208 to 207 deal???
  Ignore this member   
jason370


Zone Head
Posts: 589
posted August 13, 2002 06:09 PM        
dunlops were good like 5 years ago, they totally blow right now and i cant get rid of mine fast enough
____________
'02 ZX12 black/gold

  Ignore this member    Click here to send jason370 an AIM message. 
ZHooligan


Moderator
Post Whore Extraordinaire!
Posts: 3829
posted August 13, 2002 10:05 PM        
Swft had 010s front and rear on his red 12. Now as our Endurance racer it has Dunlop Slicks. But I did ride it with the 010s on it and they worked fine. Handled nice, no wobbles, nothing. Seems to be a good set up.

____________
To those who do not count their life in years, but in how life
has touched them in the past and how much it can hold in the
future; -- Youth is forever.

  Ignore this member   
ZXtra


Expert Class
Posts: 490
posted August 13, 2002 11:58 PM        
I have BT010's front and rear. I'm very happy with them! Much better than my 207's. -ZXtra
____________
The sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick!

  Ignore this member   
beansbaxter


Needs a life
Posts: 5911
posted August 14, 2002 12:46 AM        
quote:
i swear that the frot d208 is the biggest piece of shit that i have ever ridden. i almost low sided today doing 7 mph. it wobbles, slides, it is a disgrace. i'm buying an 010r and an 011f today


I agree, I was having the same problems. The only reason I even kept the Dunlops on for 5000 miles was cause I couldnt justify spending all this money on a new bike without at least getting as many miles as I could out of the stock tires before replacing them.

Loving these 010's though!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont think I'll even give the Metzlers a try, these are some hella good tires!

  Ignore this member    Click here to visit beansbaxter's homepage. 
GOZR


Zone Head
GOZR
Posts: 716
posted August 14, 2002 07:27 AM        
i have front and rear 010's 120/70 and 180/55
  Ignore this member   
zxrcy


Novice Class
Posts: 62
posted August 14, 2002 08:17 PM        
GSX-R 1000 comes with the 011 on the front and 010 on the back. Any idea why?
  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: who\'s running bt 010\'s on front and rear? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed


Copyright 2000-2026 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.60676097869873 seconds processing time