HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Help with 9K RPM stuttering!!! please please NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
scooter trash


Expert Class
Posts: 407
posted August 02, 2005 03:58 PM        
quote:
quote:
quote:
Hows it going Corey? :-)


JET???


Scooter trash isn't JET, just for the record. But he does spank his monkey occassionally.

I'm going out to check codes......


You check those codes, man. If that doesn't work, Matt and me both got a set of barely used Split Fires we'll sell you cheap.


  Ignore this member   
matt sterbator


Pro
Hiding in the bushes
Posts: 1367
posted August 02, 2005 04:16 PM        

  Ignore this member    Click here to visit Matt Sterbator's homepage. 
herk


Expert Class
Posts: 177
posted August 02, 2005 07:36 PM        
OK BACK ON TOPIC


I looked for the codes, but I must be doing something wrong.........

The RH light goes off, then lights up constantly. No blinking no change.

If you start the bike, it stays lit until you bring up the RPMS, it blinks at you until about 5,000RPM, then goes off.

I've got NO BLINKING NO CODES, and this muther fuggin PIECE of crap didn't stutter tonight. It's sturgis rally time next week, there are loads of bike, so there is LOADS of cops everywhere. It's really hard to look law abiding with a big ol' T/O (time only) written on the windshield, a totally shredded road race take off slick on the back, no mirrors, no seat cover, no trunk so you know I have no proof of insurance or registration I did manage to see 12K RPM at least a dozen times in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear.

So, I'm thinking with the pass seat off, the computer is staying cooler, plus the air temp was a little cooler out. I don't know what to think. BLITZ, I'm running 85 octane, cause I can't find any 87 without ethanol.

So with all this, I'm thinking of glueing some heatsink to the ECU. I've even thought about cutting a hole in the rear splashguard, and letting a heat sink stick out the bottom. I don't know about the bottom side, that might just heat it up............I think I'll hit radio shack tomorrow for some heat sink, heat transfer glue, and a small 12VDC fan.

Vincent Hill - when you noticed your stutter, what was the air temp?
____________
Revenge is the oldest motivation known to man

  Ignore this member   
psycho1122


Pro
Posts: 1608
posted August 03, 2005 05:37 AM        
The DC voltage / amperage is too low in the ECU to create "Heat".

Think about this...I live in Arizona. It can get a bit HOT here. No ECU issues.
____________
You say PSYCHO like it's a BAD thing!!

  Ignore this member   
herk


Expert Class
Posts: 177
posted August 03, 2005 05:54 AM        
quote:
The DC voltage / amperage is too low in the ECU to create "Heat".

Think about this...I live in Arizona. It can get a bit HOT here. No ECU issues.


I don't think it is heat created within the ECU, I think it's ambient air heat. I.E. It was 103 at the track, 114 coming off the asphalt.
____________
Revenge is the oldest motivation known to man

  Ignore this member   
psycho1122


Pro
Posts: 1608
posted August 03, 2005 06:13 AM        
Check This...

If your Fuel Pump is OK, and your Vac. line to the Regulator is installed.........

Check your Ignition coil SECONDARY windings. Should be 9.2-13.8 k ohms.

Primary windings would give you an FI light.

Next; For a High Speed / High RPM problem, check in this order...

Fuel Injectors: I use compressed air and a 9vdc battery.

Fuel Flow rate and pressure: Stock pump 83 ml or more in 3 seconds.

Air Inlet Temp. Sensor.

Water Temp Sensor.

Atmospheric pressure sensor.

Inlet air pressure sensor.

Gear Position switch.

This order was picked assuming that your problem is PRIMARILY at WFO!

Part throttle problems may also include checking the Throttle Position Sensor.

Good Luck!!
____________
You say PSYCHO like it's a BAD thing!!

  Ignore this member   
psycho1122


Pro
Posts: 1608
posted August 03, 2005 06:18 AM        
quote:
quote:
The DC voltage / amperage is too low in the ECU to create "Heat".

Think about this...I live in Arizona. It can get a bit HOT here. No ECU issues.


I don't think it is heat created within the ECU, I think it's ambient air heat. I.E. It was 103 at the track, 114 coming off the asphalt.


herk

114 IS NOTHING!

we can see 118 ambient out here in AZ!!

Fry an egg on asphalt is easy to do on a day like that!

Believe me....the ECU is very stable at all Human tollerable temperatures and beyond.

Just be sure that your 12 vdc power and ground are solid, and you ECU will be fine.
____________
You say PSYCHO like it's a BAD thing!!

  Ignore this member   
psycho1122


Pro
Posts: 1608
posted August 03, 2005 06:27 AM        
oh and herk;

Don't "chase your tail" on the ECU thing untill you have checked all other possible causes.

Saves you ALOT of hair!
____________
You say PSYCHO like it's a BAD thing!!

  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2   ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Help with 9K RPM stuttering!!! please please NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed


Copyright 2000-2026 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.21316194534302 seconds processing time