HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: How long will it take? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Otis


Needs a job
Captain Kickstand
Posts: 3028
posted October 12, 2004 03:28 AM        
How long will it take?

For fuel that is currently in the tank, to get through the fuel system and then sprayed into the cylinders if the bike is just idling?

  Ignore this member   
TurboBlew


Moderator
BUSY DOING THE SCHIAVO
Posts: 4590
posted October 12, 2004 04:00 AM        
A long time.

I would just disconnect the supply hose and fuel pump harness plug and pump it into a can. You can empty a tank in 4 mins like that.

You can use a battery tender to power the fuel pump
____________
Official Charter Member of the RIDERS OF KAWASAKI MEMBERSHIP REVOCATION CLUB
Also a BadAss Internet Forum Moderator 4 Hire!! Come at me brah!

  Ignore this member   
Otis


Needs a job
Captain Kickstand
Posts: 3028
posted October 12, 2004 04:40 AM        
The reason I was asking is I need to run some stabil through my system to store the bike for winter. I don't have any time to ride and it's getting pretty fucking cold around here. I wanted to just dump some Stabil in the tank and let the bike run for a bit to get the stabil into the injectors. I know you don't have to deal with this you Florida warm weather fuck, but I do. So how long do you think?
  Ignore this member   
RAC4IT


Needs a job
Bergie
Posts: 3009
posted October 12, 2004 04:44 AM        
10 minutes
  Ignore this member   
TurboBlew


Moderator
BUSY DOING THE SCHIAVO
Posts: 4590
posted October 12, 2004 04:45 AM        
Should mix immediately. Just pour it in...swish it around and let it run a minute. Maybe even ride up and down the block.


Or, you can put some spikes on the tires and a snow plow on the front of it and make a few extra $$$$ when it snows next week....lol

Too bad its a balmy 85 during the day here.....haha
____________
Official Charter Member of the RIDERS OF KAWASAKI MEMBERSHIP REVOCATION CLUB
Also a BadAss Internet Forum Moderator 4 Hire!! Come at me brah!

  Ignore this member   
Otis


Needs a job
Captain Kickstand
Posts: 3028
posted October 12, 2004 04:48 AM        
Thanks RAC4IT.

Spikes and a snow plow. LOL I can see that now. 85, shit dude it was 41 when I left home this morning.

  Ignore this member   
ynot


Expert Class
Naaaaarf
Posts: 232
posted October 12, 2004 08:28 AM        
Be a man and ride in the snow
____________
But Brain... Where are we going to get enough Caramel and a Cherry big enough to cover the Alps?

  Ignore this member   
VincentHill


Needs a life
Posts: 6520
posted October 12, 2004 09:18 AM        
Otis, if you get about 35 MPG at about 3 K RPM (Which is about 55 to 60 in top gear and that is about 1 mile per minuteThen in 30 minutes you have used 1/2 gallon. 15 minutes 1/4 Gallon and about 7 minutes 1/8 gallon.

The thing to remember is the FI uses a continous flow system (Once the 43 pounds of pressure is reached in the FI system, the rest of the fuel is returned to the tank. So in about 1 minute, you have filled your system and the "Extra" fuel is being sent to the tank. In otherwords, After blipping the throttle a few times and the engine has started to heat up I would think that you would be safe. So I am saying that at least 2 minutes should be waay more than enough. If it was Carburators, they take forever to drain because we all (Most of us) had forgotten to turn on the fuel tank and driven several miles before it started to run out of Gas.

I have the FItch Fuel Catalyst in my tank and realized that I still needed Stabil to take care of the FI!
____________
Made History @ Daytona and still one fast old man!!

  Ignore this member   
Otis


Needs a job
Captain Kickstand
Posts: 3028
posted October 12, 2004 10:07 AM        
Great info Vincent, I didn't know about the continuous flow system. Thanks a ton for the reply.


  Ignore this member   
VincentHill


Needs a life
Posts: 6520
posted October 12, 2004 10:35 AM        
quote:
Great info Vincent, I didn't know about the continuous flow system. Thanks a ton for the reply.




Finally an easy one! When you look under your tank, you will see 1 line that comes out of the fuel pump area at a 90 degree Angle (I think Blue tape) and another lint that goes straight up into the tank (I think Red Tape). That is the "Return" line. Without this type of system, you would be in deep trouble if you ever ran out of Gas because you would have to Bleed the injectors and other things to get it started once out of Fuel. Please do not ask me how I know about the "Other" Systems!
____________
Made History @ Daytona and still one fast old man!!

  Ignore this member   
harryzx-12


Needs a job
Posts: 3643
posted October 12, 2004 02:54 PM        
You could fly TurboSumpSucker up there , hook his lips to the exhaust pipe and never have to even start the engine as he would suck a quart through on his first inhale. Just don't let him try it after a long night of "workin it" at the bus station! I've hired that bitch out to suck start jet engines before
!
____________
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways- Body thoroughly used up, totally worn out...Screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride !!!"

  Ignore this member   
TurboBlew


Moderator
BUSY DOING THE SCHIAVO
Posts: 4590
posted October 12, 2004 02:59 PM        
Well Harry...mama always told me... if you're going to be good at something, be the best you can be!

Harry...... tell us what advice your 14 dad's and old tube sock gave you?
____________
Official Charter Member of the RIDERS OF KAWASAKI MEMBERSHIP REVOCATION CLUB
Also a BadAss Internet Forum Moderator 4 Hire!! Come at me brah!

  Ignore this member   
harryzx-12


Needs a job
Posts: 3643
posted October 13, 2004 03:05 AM        
He/they told me you daddy shoulda jacked you off in a napkin and left you on a parkbench somewhere....... Bitch!
____________
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways- Body thoroughly used up, totally worn out...Screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride !!!"

  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: How long will it take? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed


Copyright 2000-2026 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.34116291999817 seconds processing time