HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Cam Timing suggestions???? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
TN12


Parking Attendant
Posts: 15
posted October 11, 2004 02:13 PM        
Cam Timing suggestions????

Fellow high horsepower 12 owners, I am putting together a 1270 Wiseco motor with slightly higher compression. (13.8) I have my head ported. Running dry shot. I am looking for suggestions on good cam timing numbers. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I believe stock is around 104 and 105.5 but not sure. I run 1/4 mile most of the time. I am looking for good mid and upper range HP.

  Ignore this member    Click here to send TN12 an AIM message. 
VincentHill


Needs a life
Posts: 6520
posted October 12, 2004 02:15 AM        
I think Stock is 104 intake and 102 Exhaust. I am trying 105 Intake and 102 Exhaust which may not seem like much, but the "Real" stock timing is pretty good. I started with 104 / 103 from the factory!
____________
Made History @ Daytona and still one fast old man!!

  Ignore this member   
entropy


Moderator
Posts: 8671
posted October 12, 2004 03:16 AM        Edited By: entropy on 12 Oct 2004 04:16
JohnnyCheese did a bunch of cam timing tests on my NA 1427; we found it liked higher exh #'s and lower int #'s, got best dyno hp with 107/110(Muzzy cams, 14.7:1 CR).

This may be of no use to you, but there it is
____________
This moderator uses moderation in moderation

  Ignore this member   
TN12


Parking Attendant
Posts: 15
posted October 12, 2004 05:42 AM        
Thanks for the two cases. Does anybody have any hard HP numbers associated with lobe center numbers? I hope to only do this one time!
Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  Ignore this member    Click here to send TN12 an AIM message. 
VincentHill


Needs a life
Posts: 6520
posted October 12, 2004 06:41 AM        
Yes, the sooner you can start getting the exhaust out of an engine, the more "Peak" power it will make. The later you close the Intake valve also the more peak power you make but in this case, you really start to lose bottom end because of sending so much fuel back out the intake at slow speeds (read low rpms). Also Big cam timing needs compression
____________
Made History @ Daytona and still one fast old man!!

  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Cam Timing suggestions???? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed


Copyright 2000-2026 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.20938682556152 seconds processing time