HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Vibration reducing Grips NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Ra12r


Zone Head
Posts: 919
posted October 11, 2004 06:43 AM        
Vibration reducing Grips

What are the different grips that you guys would suggest to use to reduce vibration? My hands are tingling and stuff during rides and my girlfriends hands go dead on her R6.

  Ignore this member   
TurboBlew


Moderator
BUSY DOING THE SCHIAVO
Posts: 4590
posted October 11, 2004 07:54 AM        
Havent found anything suitable except for changing your riding position.
____________
Official Charter Member of the RIDERS OF KAWASAKI MEMBERSHIP REVOCATION CLUB
Also a BadAss Internet Forum Moderator 4 Hire!! Come at me brah!

  Ignore this member   
frEEk


Administrator
ummm... yeah
Posts: 9660
posted October 11, 2004 08:18 AM        
u have stock barends or did you change to some lightweight aftermarket ones? that will usually increase vibrations.
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit frEEk's homepage. 
Ra12r


Zone Head
Posts: 919
posted October 11, 2004 09:02 AM        
Well I was considering buying the spidergrips.......?
  Ignore this member   
beansbaxter


Needs a life
Posts: 5911
posted October 11, 2004 09:14 AM        
vibration can be controlled/dampened more by barends rather than bargrips.

but i still dont understand how little and light the 04 gsxr1000's bar ends are, yet it has as little friction as the 12 and its heavy bar ends. anyone know??

  Ignore this member    Click here to visit beansbaxter's homepage. 
aliveagain


Needs a life
Posts: 5033
posted October 11, 2004 01:08 PM        
I prefer to by gloves with gel pads in the palm.
____________
I wondered why the baseball kept getting bigger. Then it hit me.

  Ignore this member   
Scooter


Zone Head
Posts: 899
posted October 11, 2004 01:17 PM        
Pro Grip gels, model 599. I like 'em.
____________
"Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional."

  Ignore this member    Click here to visit Scooter's homepage. 
beansbaxter


Needs a life
Posts: 5911
posted October 11, 2004 05:15 PM        
lol sorry to laugh, but does the gel in the gloves really work?
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit beansbaxter's homepage. 
aliveagain


Needs a life
Posts: 5033
posted October 11, 2004 05:45 PM        
It did for me the first 6 mo. I had the 12.Then again my riding position might have changed after that and I didn't need them anymore.
____________
I wondered why the baseball kept getting bigger. Then it hit me.

  Ignore this member   
zx11_12


Expert Class
Posts: 207
posted October 11, 2004 07:47 PM        
They work for me too. But the best thing I did for reduced hand tingling was to install a throttlemeister. You can set the throttle and give your right hand a break then. They replace the bar end weights and you can't even tell by looking that you have a throttle lock installed. Works great too.
____________
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences."
PJ O'Rourke

  Ignore this member    Click here to visit ZX11_12's homepage. Click here to send ZX11_12 an AIM message. 
Ra12r


Zone Head
Posts: 919
posted October 12, 2004 07:45 AM        
Has anyone added weight to the bar ends? Also do the foam grips provide any help?
  Ignore this member   
EastBayDave


Needs a job
Posts: 2245
posted October 12, 2004 11:13 AM        
I used "Pro-Grips" just cuz they're green...

then I discovered they reduce vibration....cool...
____________
Enjoy the ride!
02' ZRX1200
00' ZX12R sold

  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Vibration reducing Grips NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed


Copyright 2000-2026 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.28406500816345 seconds processing time