HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: kawi has finally came through... NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
fish_antlers


Administrator
The Truth is Out There
Posts: 21896
posted October 06, 2004 08:30 PM        
BBM...



Beans... like I said.. give them a chance to do it properly... if not we've got you covered.

BTW... get in and do yer job moderating the smack house already!
____________
What business is it of yours where I'm from, Friendo?


  Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
DB


Pro
Posts: 1932
posted October 06, 2004 08:39 PM        
Beans, what kind of warranty do you have? You've got 30,000 miles on it.
____________
Dan
04 ZX10r (Track only)
08 Concours14

  Ignore this member   
fish_antlers


Administrator
The Truth is Out There
Posts: 21896
posted October 06, 2004 08:44 PM        
actually, good point DB raises... does the Goodtimes extended thingy have a milage cap on it? And does it include or exclude exhaust/emissions from the mileage cap if there is one?

good point DB.. hadnt noticed that till you pointed it out..
____________
What business is it of yours where I'm from, Friendo?


  Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
wilmack79


Novice Class
Posts: 41
posted October 06, 2004 09:23 PM        
i have an '04 stock exhaust for 300 bucks. spankin' new. drove from the dealer to the shop and took it off.
  Ignore this member   
beansbaxter


Needs a life
Posts: 5911
posted October 06, 2004 09:46 PM        Edited By: beansbaxter on 6 Oct 2004 22:49
I have an extended warranty that is good until May 2007.

According to the dealer, and the terms of service that VincentHill showed me on Kawi's website, there is no cap for mileage. The stock exhaust is covered as well.


  Ignore this member    Click here to visit beansbaxter's homepage. 
lrg


Novice Class
Posts: 61
posted October 06, 2004 11:08 PM        Edited By: lrg on 7 Oct 2004 00:09
Its all dealer has nothing to do with Kawi. If the dealer would push it, it would already be getting fixed. They lied and don't care basically. You caught them when you called direct. Now since you caught them it wouldn't suprise me if they tell Kawi a BS story.

Thats why I say that; I found a good dealer and I will buy every bike I ever buy there. I called with my fork seals. I took it in it was out in a couple hours on the same day and they gave me new lowers too under warranty. This all took about an hour to find out.

I would reem them and don't let up-not KAWI, the dealer. Cause the manufacturer can only go by what the dealer tells them and unless its major they aren't going to send a rep, they will just replace it if the dealer says it should be covered.


Looks like the metal is just fatiqued from you endless riding, crazy mofo. Dumbasses shouldn't have sold you an extended warranty, it must be getting expensive. They are tired of you and just wish you would go away. By may of 07 you will prbably have 100k on that thing. haha

If it wasn't under warranty you could just run

  Ignore this member   
TurboBlew


Moderator
BUSY DOING THE SCHIAVO
Posts: 4590
posted October 07, 2004 04:26 AM        
Hell no...

quote:


Where are those filters at by the way? Does the 820 include a PC3?

____________
Official Charter Member of the RIDERS OF KAWASAKI MEMBERSHIP REVOCATION CLUB
Also a BadAss Internet Forum Moderator 4 Hire!! Come at me brah!

  Ignore this member   
jonwright


Needs a job
Posts: 2416
posted October 07, 2004 08:51 AM        
Dood - I have a stock pipe in storage you can have for free if ya pay for shipping.

PM me.

  Ignore this member   
banana bike man


Needs a job
Posts: 2023
posted October 07, 2004 09:04 AM        
Consider, IF you get a new stock pipe, either from Cow directly or from John, what's to stop it from happening again.
And
IF you accept John's generous offer, will you be hooped at the dealer / manufacturer level cause WHEN it happens again with the replacement pipe sourced outside the warranty circle.
?

some thing to consider.

I would "borrow" John's and continue to work with the dealer for some sort of replacement unit or $$$ off a spanky A-crap-o-vich unit.

bBm

  Ignore this member    Click here to visit banana bike man's homepage. Click here to send banana bike man an AIM message. 
beansbaxter


Needs a life
Posts: 5911
posted October 07, 2004 09:06 AM        
quote:
Dood - I have a stock pipe in storage you can have for free if ya pay for shipping.

PM me.


You have PM.

  Ignore this member    Click here to visit beansbaxter's homepage. 
DaveInDaytona


Pro
Posts: 1696
posted October 07, 2004 09:07 AM        
Check your Yahoo mail D.
____________
DaytonaSportbikes Forum

  Ignore this member    Click here to send DaveInDaytona an AIM message. 
fish_antlers


Administrator
The Truth is Out There
Posts: 21896
posted October 07, 2004 09:16 AM        
I'm with BBM on this one.. . you've got to get KMC to srt this out.
____________
What business is it of yours where I'm from, Friendo?


  Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
beansbaxter


Needs a life
Posts: 5911
posted October 07, 2004 09:40 AM        
Thanks for all your help everyone...as it stands now, I am just going to let the wheels of the dealer and Kawi work and try to get it resolved. I want Kawi to stand behind their warranty, and I want the dealer to represent me correctly.

I am going to continue to push the dealer to get Kawi involved in this, even more.

Dealer is suppose to call me this afternoon...I'll keep ya'll posted.

Thanks Dave by the way.

Fish and BBM are right, things will eventually sort itself out.

LRG....what the heck can I say to you birdboy. You know I love your dealer too bro, but they havent picked up a Kawi line yet. Kawi would work well with them since they just have Suzuki and some of the models crossover.

I still will always bleed green!

  Ignore this member    Click here to visit beansbaxter's homepage. 
beansbaxter


Needs a life
Posts: 5911
posted October 07, 2004 10:08 AM        
Just got the call...

Service manager called, said he spoke to a different Kawi rep on the phone and he was just given an authorization number to replace it...

Thanks for all the support here everyone, I appreciate it.

  Ignore this member    Click here to visit beansbaxter's homepage. 
DaveInDaytona


Pro
Posts: 1696
posted October 07, 2004 10:25 AM        
Don't you just love a happy ending.

Now, wash that bike.
____________
DaytonaSportbikes Forum

  Ignore this member    Click here to send DaveInDaytona an AIM message. 
EastBayDave


Needs a job
Posts: 2245
posted October 07, 2004 02:48 PM        
quote:
Service manager called, said he spoke to a different Kawi rep on the phone and he was just given an authorization number to replace it...

Thanks for all the support here everyone, I appreciate it.


Ok, once it's done, you had better get on here & rant & rave how they took care of you....
____________
Enjoy the ride!
02' ZRX1200
00' ZX12R sold

  Ignore this member   
beansbaxter


Needs a life
Posts: 5911
posted October 07, 2004 03:37 PM        
quote:
quote:
Service manager called, said he spoke to a different Kawi rep on the phone and he was just given an authorization number to replace it...

Thanks for all the support here everyone, I appreciate it.


Ok, once it's done, you had better get on here & rant & rave how they took care of you....


And you know this man...

  Ignore this member    Click here to visit beansbaxter's homepage. 
worm~hole


Needs a life
Miles to go before I sleep....
Posts: 10623
posted October 07, 2004 03:46 PM        
so...you don't need it now, right?
____________
“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men
stand ready in the night to visit violence on those
who would do us harm.”

-George Orwell

  Ignore this member   
extremelean


Pro
Posts: 1651
posted October 07, 2004 08:52 PM        
beans....send me a PM with the last 6 #'s on your frame

  Ignore this member   
DB


Pro
Posts: 1932
posted October 07, 2004 10:54 PM        
Uh oh, now you've done it beans, you've got XL involved.
____________
Dan
04 ZX10r (Track only)
08 Concours14

  Ignore this member   
VincentHill


Needs a life
Posts: 6520
posted October 08, 2004 12:44 AM        
Beans, From looking at everything, there are 2 things that stand out that have caused your problems. #1 you are not Mechanically minded and you are not "ProActive" in support of yourself. Just the Quote of I will let Kawasaki and the Dealer work it out! NO!! You jump on Kawasaki and have them send the field Rep to the dealer to see your bike! The Dealer has already lied twice! #1 saying that there were scratches and such on your pipe and #2 that they6 had even spoken the Kawasaki!

The reason they did you like this is they know you and that you are not Personally AGressive! Does anyone on this board think that this would have ever happened to "ME"?? If you do not stand up for yourself, no on else will either. What do you think got Ralph Nader started? Handling other people's problems!

AT least you came here and got pushed into this. Now, like I told you again, Kawasaki "PAys the Dealer a certain amount of money for the Pipe and work. Unless you are just DYing to have another stock pipe, you can really have the dealer buy any pipe you want and have him install it. The problem here is the dealer will charge "YOU" List on everything, but even still, this will get you about any pipe except a AKRA Pipe! I am not lying to you and this is your time to upgrade! All I would say is if it broke once it may break again and I want something different that no one has had a Problem like this with! Then tell them what pipe you want and have them install it!
____________
Made History @ Daytona and still one fast old man!!

  Ignore this member   
swft


Needs a life
Full throttle!
Posts: One MEEEEEELLION
posted October 08, 2004 02:26 AM        
How did this turn into a thread about 'you', Vincent?
  Ignore this member   
Zammy


Expert Class
Posts: 411
posted October 08, 2004 04:44 AM        
Am I wrong in assuming that the emissions warranty covers ANYTHING that affects the emissions on ANY street product ?
  Ignore this member   
VincentHill


Needs a life
Posts: 6520
posted October 08, 2004 07:33 AM        
quote:
How did this turn into a thread about 'you', Vincent?


This has happened to me twice and on the "THIRD" Stock shock, I got them to replace it with an Ohlins

I am pushing him because he has an opportunity to have his bike made better at a much less cost to him and he should take advantage of it or at least take this into consideration.

Good idea about the Emissions and they are responsible! (This may also be a reason he cannot get another exhaust which "I" Did not take into consideration.

BTW, if this does not come out in his favor, FOr the cost of Shipping, I will "GIVE" Him my pipe! I may be hard, but I am fair!
____________
Made History @ Daytona and still one fast old man!!

  Ignore this member   
extremelean


Pro
Posts: 1651
posted October 09, 2004 05:03 PM        
I think things are moving right along now.

  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 3 pages long: 1  2  3     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: kawi has finally came through... NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed


Copyright 2000-2026 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.22177600860596 seconds processing time