matt sterbator

Pro
Hiding in the bushes
Posts: 1367
|
posted July 25, 2004 04:29 AM
Muzzy steering damper - leaking
Ok, got a leaking Muzzy steering damper. It's leaking from the back side around the little gold fitting.
Is this common ? Can it be fixed ?
Not 100% on how old it is, looks brand new. Then again, it was on jimp's bike... so everything looks brand new, lol.
____________
Some day, you're going to run out of some days
|
swft

Needs a life
Full throttle!
Posts: One MEEEEEELLION
|
posted July 25, 2004 05:51 AM
Yes, it can be fixed. Contact Muzzys.
|
matt sterbator

Pro
Hiding in the bushes
Posts: 1367
|
posted July 25, 2004 06:35 AM
Will do
____________
Some day, you're going to run out of some days
|
Hells Dark Lord

Needs a life
living life, and loving it.
Posts: 7981
|
posted July 25, 2004 05:31 PM
they will charge you double, just cause its yours....biatchhhhh....lmfao
____________
When in doubt, lean farther and go faster....
|
oldkawboy

Needs a job
Posts: 2125
|
posted July 26, 2004 08:53 AM
Some seepage (SP?) is normal with the Hyperpro dampner which Muzzy uses. Now if it's a leak, that needs to be checked ASAP.
Dan
|
Hells Dark Lord

Needs a life
living life, and loving it.
Posts: 7981
|
posted July 26, 2004 09:20 AM
hey Dan, I was up your way this past weekend, went and seen Lucky and Melissa...I ran into Zack up at Alcoa.....and picked up a few things....likemy new 10.....lol
____________
When in doubt, lean farther and go faster....
|
matt sterbator

Pro
Hiding in the bushes
Posts: 1367
|
posted July 26, 2004 09:25 AM
Jim, sweet !!!
So you bringin both to the Gap ?
____________
Some day, you're going to run out of some days
|
matt sterbator

Pro
Hiding in the bushes
Posts: 1367
|
posted July 26, 2004 09:26 AM
Dan, define "seeping" lol.
It still works, so I guess you won't call it a LEAK. However, fluid has gotten on the mounting bracket. Need to take a pic.
____________
Some day, you're going to run out of some days
|
Hells Dark Lord

Needs a life
living life, and loving it.
Posts: 7981
|
posted July 26, 2004 10:53 AM
prolly not Matt....will bring the 10.....
____________
When in doubt, lean farther and go faster....
|
TurboBlew

Moderator
BUSY DOING THE SCHIAVO
Posts: 4590
|
posted July 26, 2004 06:10 PM
You fags bringing a ZX10 to a ZX12 meet....better stay in the back...hehehe
|
Hells Dark Lord

Needs a life
living life, and loving it.
Posts: 7981
|
posted July 27, 2004 10:37 AM
shit you fags on the ZX12's better step up your game if you wanna keep that black ZX10 in the back....and Steve, you need a whole case of corner speed, a cna just aint gonna cut it for you there slow poke.....lmfao
And it aint a ZX12 rally, its a BIKELAND rally....so FU biatchhhhhh....lol
____________
When in doubt, lean farther and go faster....
|
oldkawboy

Needs a job
Posts: 2125
|
posted July 27, 2004 10:50 AM
Matt,
Some fluid (small amount) on the dampening rod is normal I've been told, because I questioned this.
If it's bad enough to be on the brackets, you might need to follow up on it.
HDL,
Zack forgot to mention that you got a 10, they are AWESOME bikes for sure!
Dan
|
matt sterbator

Pro
Hiding in the bushes
Posts: 1367
|
posted July 27, 2004 01:43 PM
Yeah it's on the bracket. Thanks Dan !!!
|
harryzx-12

Needs a job
Posts: 3643
|
posted July 27, 2004 02:12 PM
I don't care what anybody rides at the gap trips. All makes and sizes are welcome as far as I'm concerned.
The 10 handles great at the gap like your 6rr jim except the 10 has balls!.I did enjoy riding your ZX-6rr through the gap too. It's hard to ride a bike with less power than the 12. Just gotta rev the piss of of them.
I like the scotts dampner better personally.
____________
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways- Body thoroughly used up, totally worn out...Screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride !!!"
|
drowland

Zone Head
Posts: 733
|
posted July 27, 2004 05:54 PM
Had 2 12R's one 2002 and one 2003 and have a 2004 10R now and may I say if you going to the gap you might want to claim your 12R stolen and pick up a 10 before you leave you will be happy you did.......
|
TurboBlew

Moderator
BUSY DOING THE SCHIAVO
Posts: 4590
|
posted July 27, 2004 06:19 PM
drowland.... Ill be more than happy to follow you through the Gap on my heavy 12...lol.
I was kidding about the ZX10 comment. I know all you girly men that dont want to throw around a big heavy bike opt out for the ZX10.... its cool with me that you're all a bunch of limp wristed sissies....lol
|
drowland

Zone Head
Posts: 733
|
posted July 28, 2004 05:26 AM
TurboBlew do you blow that dog as well? lol I like the 12R like I said. I've had 2 of them but they arn't the 10R as for being a sissy Im 220lbs and can bench over 100lbs more my weight so its not a strength issue. The 10 is faster with similar mods. May i add its more fun, slipper clutch etc..... I sure hope Kaw does something with the 12 soon or they are going to continue it sit on the show room floor...,.
|
TurboBlew

Moderator
BUSY DOING THE SCHIAVO
Posts: 4590
|
posted July 28, 2004 09:05 AM
Sorry drow... thats jealousy posting..hehe
____________
Official Charter Member of the RIDERS OF KAWASAKI MEMBERSHIP REVOCATION CLUB
Also a BadAss Internet Forum Moderator 4 Hire!! Come at me brah!
|
matt sterbator

Pro
Hiding in the bushes
Posts: 1367
|
posted July 28, 2004 10:15 AM
quote: I like the scotts dampner better personally.
That's what I have on my bike. The Muzzy was on it when I got it, swapped dampers when Kristen bought my old 12.
|
matt sterbator

Pro
Hiding in the bushes
Posts: 1367
|
posted July 28, 2004 10:17 AM
quote: soon or they are going to continue it sit on the show room floor...,.
Just makes it better for people who really want to buy one
Resale already sucks on them... and that benefits ME
|
drowland

Zone Head
Posts: 733
|
posted July 28, 2004 04:53 PM
I know they do I actually still have the 2003 and its nice still for sale. Its green has the Akro full system with PC111R and has the ZX11D front sprocket (down one in the front). ITs right as right gets! Anyone interested??????????? Picture on request
|
EastBayDave

Needs a job
Posts: 2245
|
posted July 30, 2004 08:52 AM
Hyperpro charges $125 to rebuild them...Doug's trying to get mine covered...but don't know the answer yet...
No one around here (LE, Aftershox) rebuilds them, but they DO rebuild Ohlins, Toby, Scotts, etc.
____________
Enjoy the ride!
02' ZRX1200
00' ZX12R sold
|
Hells Dark Lord

Needs a life
living life, and loving it.
Posts: 7981
|
posted July 31, 2004 08:54 AM
bump
____________
When in doubt, lean farther and go faster....
|
|
|