HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Busa Project - Just Sharing!!!! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
KZZ1


Zone Head
"Show me whatcha workin with"
Posts: 908
posted January 15, 2002 05:16 PM        
Busa Project - Just Sharing!!!!

Busa Motor - Getting ready for work!!!!





Gutted Busa -


The New Busa Power Plant My riding buddy's gave me a transplant!!!


And the wall of Fame!!!!



  Ignore this member   
ZX12Girl


Pro
Adrenaline Junkie
Posts: 1740
posted January 15, 2002 05:20 PM        
And just when I thought that the Busa couldn't get any uglier!!!
____________
Life is an adventure. Are you driving?

  Ignore this member   
Ninjaman12R


Needs a job
as a Deal's Gap tour guide.
Posts: 4767
posted January 15, 2002 05:20 PM        
Cool Pics...

Looks like you're fixin' to get serious!!!!!
____________

What we're dealin' with here is a complete lack of respect for the law.

Sheriff Buford T. Justice of TEXAS

  Ignore this member   
ZX12Girl


Pro
Adrenaline Junkie
Posts: 1740
posted January 15, 2002 05:26 PM        
Ninjaman!!!!

He has to be able to keep up!!!!!!


Just kidding sweetie...I have to be nice until he finishes my bike!!!!
____________
Life is an adventure. Are you driving?

  Ignore this member   
Ninjaman12R


Needs a job
as a Deal's Gap tour guide.
Posts: 4767
posted January 15, 2002 05:29 PM        
Yeah.....

Angi don't talk too much smack or he may "Detune" your 12.

BTW, I ordered that undertail from Robert.Talked to him today, he seems like a VERY nice guy.
____________

What we're dealin' with here is a complete lack of respect for the law.

Sheriff Buford T. Justice of TEXAS

  Ignore this member   
ZX12Girl


Pro
Adrenaline Junkie
Posts: 1740
posted January 15, 2002 05:31 PM        
quote:
Angi don't talk too much smack or he may "Detune" your 12.


He Enjoy's Life too much for that!!!!!!

quote:
BTW, I ordered that undertail from Robert.Talked to him today, he seems like a VERY nice guy.


I would have orderd one...Very Nice!!!! but I bought mine last year from HP Mike!!!
____________
Life is an adventure. Are you driving?

  Ignore this member   
jessz1


Expert Class
Half the wheels, twice the fun
Posts: 373
posted January 15, 2002 05:43 PM        
Looks like ya got a nice garage. He's scared of ya ain't he.
  Ignore this member    Click here to send jessz1 an AIM message. 
ZX12Girl


Pro
Adrenaline Junkie
Posts: 1740
posted January 15, 2002 05:50 PM        
quote:
He's scared of ya ain't he.

Not really.....We just like to talk smack to each other!!!! Gotta keep the ZX12R vs. Busa fight alive!!!!
____________
Life is an adventure. Are you driving?

  Ignore this member   
Otis


Needs a job
Captain Kickstand
Posts: 3028
posted January 16, 2002 04:14 AM        
What are you doing to it Ken? Turbo? NOS?
____________
It's a free country brother

  Ignore this member   
12RPilot


Pro
Posts: 1094
posted January 16, 2002 05:32 AM        
Is that the new garage? I better send some ZX-12 posters over your way Ken.
____________
If you aren't an AMA member, you're part of the problem.
NESBA #209

http://www.bikepics.com/members/12rpilot/04zx10r/

  Ignore this member    Click here to send 12RPilot an ICQ message. Click here to add 1781480 to your ICQ list. 
kzz1


Zone Head
"Show me whatcha workin with"
Posts: 908
posted January 16, 2002 05:35 AM        
quote:
Is that the new garage? I better send some ZX-12 posters over your way Ken.


Do you have any? Gladly put some up! And Yes... its the new garage.

  Ignore this member   
SPEEDCRAVER


Expert Class
Posts: 183
posted January 16, 2002 05:38 AM        
Finally a truthful post from a 'Busa owner, ie the "Speedlimit 180" sign over the toolbox!!!!!!!!LMAO!!!!!

Very Kewl garage. I am jealous of all of the nice garages I have seen on this site over the last year. The things I could have if I did not have an x-wife to support! :P

  Ignore this member   
kzz1


Zone Head
"Show me whatcha workin with"
Posts: 908
posted January 16, 2002 05:38 AM        Edited By: kzz1 on 16 Jan 2002 05:41
quote:
What are you doing to it Ken? Turbo? NOS?

Putting in a borekit, cams, clean up the head. Can"t afford to put a turbo on the Busa because Angi wants a kit in her bike
Otherwise, I would have a turbo

  Ignore this member   
Otis


Needs a job
Captain Kickstand
Posts: 3028
posted January 16, 2002 06:33 AM        Edited By: Otis on 16 Jan 2002 06:34
That's going to be one fast bike. Angie is going Turbo? As if it wasn't bad enough before, she is going to REALLY embarass everyone at the track now.
____________
It's a free country brother

  Ignore this member   
kzz1


Zone Head
"Show me whatcha workin with"
Posts: 908
posted January 16, 2002 06:43 AM        Edited By: kzz1 on 16 Jan 2002 06:47
quote:
That's going to be one fast bike. Angie is going Turbo? As if it wasn't bad enough before, she is going to REALLY embarass everyone at the track now.

Angie isn't getting a turbo, i'm just putting a bore kit (1270) in her bike As far as NOS that she wanted......... I told her NO!!!!!!!!:o I don't think it would be wise with a possible problem with the bottom end of the 12 motor holding together Busa........No problem

  Ignore this member   
hondo


Expert Class
Posts: 140
posted January 16, 2002 06:43 AM        Edited By: hondo on 16 Jan 2002 06:51
Busa project

Inquiring minds want to know, size of bore kit, etc. Please feel free to post your pictures here. I for one would like to see the internals of a Busa, much like MM posting the teardown of his 12. When you get around to installing the turbo on Angi's 12 be sure to stick a finger into the exhaust ports. Oh, that sounds naughty, but really, my 12 had a distinct lip at the gasket surface reducing the exit opening. I made discs out of notecard weight paper cut out with a compass to ensure concentricity to check the exit openings. If memory serves me right the stock openings were only 33mm discounting the "D" shape! Using a pair of inside calipers the port width immediately behind the lip was 35mm. So, 4 discs, 38mm O.D. and 35mm I.D. were cut out and glued to the gasket surface. Then I removed the lip. I did not "hog out" or change the factory shape, I merely removed the lip. If the spigot opening had been machined another 1-1.5mm deeper the lip would have been gone! Interestingly, the exhaust port exit's, discounting the "D" shaped bottom, are nearly a perfect circle bisected by the dividing wall.
____________
Candy Persimmon Red may be slower, but I'm trying!



  Ignore this member   
kzz1


Zone Head
"Show me whatcha workin with"
Posts: 908
posted January 16, 2002 06:53 AM        
Going with JE pistons1397 13:1, Yosh Cams extended arm(6in) shootout tire
  Ignore this member   
ZX12Girl


Pro
Adrenaline Junkie
Posts: 1740
posted January 16, 2002 05:30 PM        
Sorry Guy's!!!!

We both are just getting Bore Kits!!!! No Turbo for either bike!

We talked to some racers and decided that the Bore Kit's for both were the best way to go!!!!

Thought really hard about a Turbo for the Busa .....But I can't let him have that much more power!!! I want it to be a fair race when I kick his butt!!!
____________
Life is an adventure. Are you driving?

  Ignore this member   
kzz1


Zone Head
"Show me whatcha workin with"
Posts: 908
posted January 16, 2002 05:41 PM        
Yeah.........ZX12Girl.........If I put a turbo on your 12 @ low boost, I don't think the bottom end of a 12 motor could handle the boost
  Ignore this member   
ZX12Girl


Pro
Adrenaline Junkie
Posts: 1740
posted January 16, 2002 05:50 PM        
Whatever!!!!
____________
Life is an adventure. Are you driving?

  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Busa Project - Just Sharing!!!! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed


Copyright 2000-2026 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.22600507736206 seconds processing time