posted January 12, 2002 07:06 PM
WHAT KIND OF NEW MACHINES WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE KAWASAKI BUILD? A ZX12RR. 100lbs lighter with the fit and finish of a Honda. Did I say "Honda"? Sorry.
____________
Do you feel lucky?
posted January 12, 2002 07:08 PM
Can you say ZX10R that would eat the GSXR1000, R1, 954 group? Or are you fishing with this knowledge already in brain but won't let the proverbial cat out of the bag?
posted January 12, 2002 07:14 PM
a ZX14R a ZX14R....1400cc of haul ass power. The bike would look alot like the 2002 ZX12R (I am Partial) but have about 230hp to the rear wheel!!! Would come with a 4" longer wheelbase (than the ZX12R) and an Akropovic pipe from the factory!!
posted January 12, 2002 07:37 PM
Edited By: fish_antlers on 12 Jan 2002 19:42
ZX10 or 12 with fit and finish of a YAMAHA or an Aprillia (not a crappy Honda! ) .... max 400lbs .... less HP in return for more torque...
posted January 12, 2002 10:37 PM
I would like to see a ZRX-1200 with a NON-detuned ZX-12R engine and weighing at about 400 lbs. I would have to buy one. Just my .02.
Moderator
Please... speak to the hand.
Posts: 3212
posted January 12, 2002 11:53 PM
Edited By: redelk on 13 Jan 2002 10:04
Something KHI should have done 2 years ago! Engine
988cc, fuel injected Dry Weight
365 lbs. Wheelbase
55.3" Rake/Trail
23.5°/3.75" RWHP/Torque
155 HP/81 ft/lbs. Front Suspension
Gold Titanium Nitride coated
Adjustable steering damper (How come almost all 'zuks have a damper and not a single Kawi does?) Rear Suspension
Shock with remote reservoir
Reinforced swingarm Front Brakes
320mm rotors
6 piston Nissan calipers
Remote fluid reservoir
2 S/S braided lines directly attached to the master cylinder (Hey, if H-D can put braided lines on a V-Rod, ya'll can do it too!) Insterments
Large analog tachometer
Digital speedometer, fuel and temperature gauges
FI, oil and low fuel warning lights
Adjustable shift light
Multi-function display with odometer, tripometer, clock, average speed and time traveled (if Sigma can make this for a bicycle and it's MSRP is less then $30, ya'll can handle this)
A gear indicator would be nice MSRP
$10,699
____________
There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.
-Ernest Hemingway
posted January 13, 2002 02:42 AM
In the near future Carbon/Kevlar Frame, Rims, Tank, Swingarm, and... Forks and perhaps in the future also Carbonbased Drive chain, Brakes and Disks...
How about that?
posted January 13, 2002 04:01 AM
...what Red said...plus...full Ti under-tail-exhaust,LED tail-lights w/turn-sigs built-in,front turn-sigs within the head-light assembly, and...uh...built-in GPS..that'd be worth the $200 more they could add on...oh...and body-colored "covers" to cap over the exposed holes for those who remove the mirrors for track-days...and at least 165RWHP...
____________
...just relax...my dog wants to use only one of your legs...
posted January 13, 2002 06:22 AM
How about a half decent sport quad for racing. 2 stroke or 4 stroke doesn't really matter as long as it can hold it's own run against Honda ad Yamaha. The Mojave SUCKS Big Time. All of thier quads and dirtbikes suck. I hate to say this but it's true. I only ride Honda Quads and dirtbikes. But I love Kaw streetbikes. I LOVE my ZX 12
Needs a life
Full throttle!
Posts: One MEEEEEELLION
posted January 13, 2002 06:42 AM
I think that universially, everyone would like to see a bike that would be competitive with a GSXR1000, in both handling and weight.
____________
82 Gpz750, 84 Ninja 900, 2000 ZX12R (Muzzy Big Bore Kit), *another* 2000 ZX12R (Muzzy custom stroke crank 1341cc motor), 2004 ZZR1200, 2005 ZX10R, 2007 ZX14, 2008 Concours 14, 2014 Versys 650, 2014 Yamaha WR450F, 2015 Ninja H2
posted January 13, 2002 07:53 AM
How about a FREE bike for everyone who gave them all this great input!!! yea yea!!
mad mike
____________
200-MPH CLUB MEMBER!
posted January 13, 2002 08:27 AM
I think Redelk just disgned the perfect bike. I miss my ZX9R to no end. Kawaski needs to build a bike that can compete with the GSX-R1000 or I will be going the Susuki way. I haven't owned anything but Kawasaki's since 87 but I am tired of having the second best bike on the market.
Right now if I was to buy a ZX9 I would be near the bottom of the liter ladder. If you can't tell I am very disapointed with my ZX12 and can't wait to get rid of it. This thing is to damn heavy and a friend of mine keeps up with me on his dead stock GSX-R1000 to 170 M.P.H.
I don't know just my thoughts but I can't have any fun on this bike until 150M.P.H.
____________
John Turbo810
posted January 13, 2002 08:45 PM
I would be happy if they got off their asses and finally updated the ZX-7R to the class leader that it should be! Oh yeah, and a ZX-10R in the mix would be cool too!!
____________
God is an imaginary friend for grown-ups.
quote:
Engine
988cc, fuel injected
Dry Weight
365 lbs.
Wheelbase
55.3"
Rake/Trail
23.5°/3.75"
RWHP/Torque
155 HP/81 ft/lbs.
Front Suspension
Gold Titanium Nitride coated
Adjustable steering damper (How come almost all 'zuks have a damper and not a single Kawi does?)
Rear Suspension
Shock with remote reservoir
Reinforced swingarm
Front Brakes
320mm rotors
6 piston Nissan calipers
Remote fluid reservoir
2 S/S braided lines directly attached to the master cylinder (Hey, if H-D can put braided lines on a V-Rod, ya'll can do it too!)
Insterments
Large analog tachometer
Digital speedometer, fuel and temperature gauges
FI, oil and low fuel warning lights
Adjustable shift light
Multi-function display with odometer, tripometer, clock, average speed and time traveled (if Sigma can make this for a bicycle and it's MSRP is less then $30, ya'll can handle this)
A gear indicator would be nice
MSRP
$10,699
Engine
988cc, fuel injected V-Twin 130+ RWHP would be my choice. Ozzy.
posted January 14, 2002 04:00 PM
What Kawdawg said, hell Kawi has been racing pro 250 two stroke quads for awhile now, put em on the show room floor.
____________
"Look at Dad, trying to look young again."
posted January 14, 2002 09:27 PM
kawasakis answer to the super charged proto type suzi. fuck fit & finish as long as it stomps every thing else!
____________
KW
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 12Next» ]