ra12r

Zone Head
Posts: 919
|
posted January 08, 2002 07:40 PM
Tight Crank Bearings!!
I have seen several threads that mentioned that the crank bearings were too tight from the factory. So the guys were going with the "black bearings" instead of the green oem. Can anyone please confirm or deny if this is something we should do!!!!
____________
All must bow to the "Ra Supremecy"...
|
krexken
Zone Head
Posts: 732
|
posted January 08, 2002 08:25 PM
I'd say every motor could be different from the factory. I've been told by an engine builder to get around .0015-.002 on the mains and .002-.0025 on the rods. Not sure if this is good advice or not. This is exactly what my engine was when tore down and is the same with the new crank. I had very few bearings where the color markings could be seen.
|
ra12r

Zone Head
Posts: 919
|
posted January 09, 2002 07:25 PM
Certainly with all the spun bearings and broken rods, someone has some information?!
____________
All must bow to the "Ra Supremecy"...
|
|
|