HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Fuck, talk about Bad Karma! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
swft


Needs a life
Full throttle!
Posts: One MEEEEEELLION
posted March 11, 2004 04:29 PM        
Fuck, talk about Bad Karma!

So, I got finished with my ride today. Parked the ZZR and went into the house. Worked like a madman on email, made a bunch of calls, set up all kinds of meetings and stuff for next week.

Decided to take a walk with the pooch. Sebastian, my 14 year old Rhodesian Ridgeback. We were alongside the Elementary School near the chain link fence for it, when this Golden Retriever comes barreling out from one of the driveways on the other side of the road and nails Sebi. No barking no shit...Just nailed him. Like a fucking senior citizen getting mugged in Central Park. I got over there after the first hit and nailed the dog in the ribs with a size 12, which sent it back to it's house. Sebi's ear was ripped about two inches, no bites other than that. Lotta bleeding of course. Got Sebi to sit and wait, then went in to the property. Told the owner about it, they came out and checked out Sebi. We both use the same vet, so they are gonna call and have the charges billed to them. What a shitty day, but I kept my cool... For now...

AND I STILL AIN'T GOT MY GODDAMNED VETTE BACK YET!!
____________
82 Gpz750, 84 Ninja 900, 2000 ZX12R (Muzzy Big Bore Kit), *another* 2000 ZX12R (Muzzy custom stroke crank 1341cc motor), 2004 ZZR1200, 2005 ZX10R, 2007 ZX14, 2008 Concours 14, 2014 Versys 650, 2014 Yamaha WR450F, 2015 Ninja H2


  Ignore this member   
zzzzzxxxxxr12


Expert Class
Posts: 214
posted March 11, 2004 08:01 PM        
Swift that really sucks, hope everything turns out ok. At least the owners were cool about it.
  Ignore this member   
swft


Needs a life
Full throttle!
Posts: One MEEEEEELLION
posted March 11, 2004 09:15 PM        
Yah, the old guy's out of surgery, gonna board him there as I'm gonna be hauling ass all over the sound next week, no time to take care of him. I'm on vacation the week after that, so won't be a problem.

  Ignore this member   
TurboBlew


Moderator
BUSY DOING THE SCHIAVO
Posts: 4590
posted March 12, 2004 05:07 AM        
OH... now I know what this thread is related to.
____________
Official Charter Member of the RIDERS OF KAWASAKI MEMBERSHIP REVOCATION CLUB
Also a BadAss Internet Forum Moderator 4 Hire!! Come at me brah!

  Ignore this member   
Dino


Pro
Posts: 1422
posted March 12, 2004 09:47 AM        
Thank god it was just a dog BITING him. Turboblew could have been in the area:O
____________
uh oh

  Ignore this member   
frEEk


Administrator
ummm... yeah
Posts: 9660
posted March 12, 2004 11:41 AM        
poor sebi too friendly to defend himself eh? that's definitely some weird behaviour from the other dog, not giving any warning and all. do u just have sebi these days?

and dino, that's just wrong!!

  Ignore this member    Click here to visit frEEk's homepage. 
harryzx-12


Needs a job
Posts: 3643
posted March 12, 2004 01:49 PM        
It sucks your poor dog was attacked swft!


If TurboDogFucker would have been in the area swft's dog would probably not have been attacked as I doubt the attacking dog could have ran very fast being " locked up" with TurboDF
____________
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways- Body thoroughly used up, totally worn out...Screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride !!!"

  Ignore this member   
swft


Needs a life
Full throttle!
Posts: One MEEEEEELLION
posted March 12, 2004 04:09 PM        
Hey Freek - Yah, just Sebi these days. The next dog is gonna be a lab, methinks. But not in a hurry for that.

Harry - Yah, does suck. I'll have to search and see if I can find that other avatar for TDF, the one that shows the dog driving.

  Ignore this member   
harryzx-12


Needs a job
Posts: 3643
posted March 12, 2004 04:21 PM        
HaHa Larry! That would be funny.

I have a black lab. I've had him for 10 years now. He's a great dog although not as alert as he once was. He's a big fucker too 104 lbs (for a black lab)
____________
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways- Body thoroughly used up, totally worn out...Screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride !!!"

  Ignore this member   
swft


Needs a life
Full throttle!
Posts: One MEEEEEELLION
posted March 12, 2004 05:13 PM        
Damn Mr. Harry! That IS a big black lab! Sebi is the first dog I had, and he's been my friend over 12 years now. Was on the phone with the Vet, they had to do some chest xrays, he's got a touch of pneumonia and they are treating it with antibiotics. Fuck, old dogs...Gotta love em, but when did my damned dog get *fragile*...
  Ignore this member   
worm~hole


Needs a life
Miles to go before I sleep....
Posts: 10623
posted March 13, 2004 08:32 PM        Edited By: worm~hole on 13 Mar 2004 20:33
...was using my trusty avatar for crowd control one night and a pit-bull came charging out of the crowd towards us...without thinking, I pulled my partner back and kicked that well muscled jaw in the head with my 13s right as he got within our 'radius'...scared all of us...the pit, too!...the owner gathered him up...we all got lucky...no injuries

...hope you dog gets well soon, swft
____________
“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men
stand ready in the night to visit violence on those
who would do us harm.”

-George Orwell

  Ignore this member   
ozzy


Needs a job
need guberment cheese
Posts: 3172
posted March 14, 2004 03:10 PM        
quote:
...was using my trusty avatar for crowd control one night and a pit-bull came charging out of the crowd towards us...without thinking, I pulled my partner back and kicked that well muscled jaw in the head with my 13s right as he got within our 'radius'...scared all of us...the pit, too!...the owner gathered him up...we all got lucky...no injuries

...hope you dog gets well soon, swft


Dam Nano, your first mistake was not taking out the pee shooter and killing the pit bull and making the world a better place. IMHO owing a

  Ignore this member   
swft


Needs a life
Full throttle!
Posts: One MEEEEEELLION
posted March 14, 2004 06:14 PM        
Ozzy didn't finish his sentence! He was attacked by a pissed off pit bull!

Thanks Nano. The old guy is doing better now. They're watching him in the hospital. He got through the surgery ok, but then had probs with a lung kinda filling up, so they put him on the heavy antibiotics for that and decided to keep him and watch him. I'm gonna be running around like crazy next week, and won't have time to watch him, so they are gonna kennel him there until Friday.

  Ignore this member   
swft


Needs a life
Full throttle!
Posts: One MEEEEEELLION
posted March 16, 2004 11:36 AM        
Got the old guy back today. He's healing up nicely, and is happy as hell to be home. They've got him on a passle of drugs that I have to maintain for a bit, but overall, just glad to get him back home.
  Ignore this member   
worm~hole


Needs a life
Miles to go before I sleep....
Posts: 10623
posted March 16, 2004 01:56 PM        
awesome, dude!...did some tracking and evidence search training this morning...my boy never ceases to amaze me...isn't the man/dog bond awesome?....give yer's a pat on the head for me and my pal
____________
“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men
stand ready in the night to visit violence on those
who would do us harm.”

-George Orwell

  Ignore this member   
swft


Needs a life
Full throttle!
Posts: One MEEEEEELLION
posted March 16, 2004 01:59 PM        
Thanks man, sure will!
  Ignore this member   
swft


Needs a life
Full throttle!
Posts: One MEEEEEELLION
posted March 16, 2004 02:24 PM        
Amazing things dogs do so well:

While the two of you are walking along, he'll stop and stare intently at something...It takes you five minutes to figure out what it is in the woods that he sees so clearly...

You come up to a fence. You climb over, and watch as he jumps up, front feet landing precisely on that 1/2 inch wide piece of wood, spread just wide enough so that his hind feet land perfectly between the two front paws as he pushes himself off gracefully, effortlessly...

Comes and finds you when you are on the phone, listening to bad news. He looks up at you worriedly, nosing your hand...

And many many more things...Every day.

  Ignore this member   
swft


Needs a life
Full throttle!
Posts: One MEEEEEELLION
posted March 16, 2004 05:25 PM        
Vette came back today as well...Buttery smooth shifts...
  Ignore this member   
extremelean


Pro
Posts: 1651
posted March 17, 2004 09:21 PM        
Buttery smooth shifts.....unlike SOMEONES car I know

  Ignore this member   
swft


Needs a life
Full throttle!
Posts: One MEEEEEELLION
posted March 17, 2004 09:32 PM        Edited By: swft on 18 Mar 2004 07:03
Sometimes I'm dense. Took me a bit to figure out you were referring to the 'sled'. Yah, is a wee bit 'firm' on the shifts, but fun, no?
  Ignore this member   
necro


Needs a job
My Grandma Is A Virgin
Posts: 2148
posted March 22, 2004 09:52 PM        
Wow, I leave the board for few days and looks what happened. I am glad it wasn't worse.
____________
3829

  Ignore this member   
swft


Needs a life
Full throttle!
Posts: One MEEEEEELLION
posted March 22, 2004 11:25 PM        
I don't understand...Just a couple days ago, I was at 5500 posts.
  Ignore this member   
necro


Needs a job
My Grandma Is A Virgin
Posts: 2148
posted March 23, 2004 06:28 PM        
Does the left button on your mouse sitll work?
____________
3829

  Ignore this member   
bigju


Expert Class
Posts: 238
posted March 23, 2004 06:42 PM        
Swft, how is your dogs temperment? I was thinking about getting a ridgeback, but I don't know anyone who has one. So I don't have any "first hand" info on the breed. The owner of the Golden was Lucky! My friend has a Pit Bull, had him out for his morning walk when this dick tells his Lab to "Attack" for the third morning in a row. After 2 previous warnings about sending the dog out to attack. My friend allowed his dog to defend himself, after which the dumb ass owner of the Lab appologised. GUys like that don't deserve pets!! WORM HOLE SHOOT THE PIT NEXT TIME!!!! Hell I have a couple of notches on my weapon from people trying to use them as weapons here
  Ignore this member   
swft


Needs a life
Full throttle!
Posts: One MEEEEEELLION
posted March 23, 2004 07:00 PM        
You can ask Necro. Sebi's so laid back you wouldn't know he's there still he sticks his nose in your ear. Temperment seems to be related to color. Sebi's the lighter wheaten, vs. the russet red. The reds are more active and can be a handful, the wheaten dogs are more like hounds, only rousing themselves when they think they need to. If you go for a puppy, spend a lot of time with the parents, to get a good handle on their temperment. I would trust Sebi anywhere, but I've seen Rhodies that I know I couldn't do that with.
  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Fuck, talk about Bad Karma! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed


Copyright 2000-2026 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.22245097160339 seconds processing time