2012 Yamaha Star Model Lineup Announced - New Raider SCL2011-09-21 09:36
Yamaha has released their 2012 Star model lineup, and while the Stratoliner Deluxe gets some minor updates plus some useful new equipment, the standout is the new limited edition Raider SCL, a very custom looking step up from the Star Raider S.
Click below the jump straight to the Raider SCL's full description:
2012 Yamaha Star Raider SCL
Star Motorcycles is pleased to announce our full 2012 line of cruiser models today and welcome an exciting new model to the Star family.
Leading the way is the limited production Raider SCL that is loaded with premium custom features and based on the award winning Raider. Crafted for riders who value exclusivity, only 500 of these exceptional machines will be made. The newly developed high-metallic Blazing Orange paint was created specifically for the Raider SCL. Coupled with a metal flake and shine made possible by a 6-layer painting process, its vibrancy is unlike any other color produced for a Star Motorcycle. Stainless steel mesh throttle cables as well as clutch and brake lines give this bike a premium look. Custom 5-spoke chrome wheels developed by Star and Performance Machine, with matching pulley and chrome belt guard, help elevate the Raider SCL to a true production custom. Great attention to detail was taken into consideration when designing the genuine leather two-tone seat with “SCL” logo and matching orange stitching- keeping the discerning cruiser customer in mind. Over time, this seat will develop a character of its own and will be unlike any other. An exclusive metal SCL badge with hologram is placed on top of the fuel tank as a constant reminder to its owner that only 500 of these unique machines exist. The Raider SCL will be available in Star dealers beginning in February.
The Raider S, with its chrome fork sliders, triple clamps, risers and engine covers, is available in two colors, a Nebulous Purple or Raven, while the Raider will be available in Liquid Silver.
The Stratoliner Deluxe returns for 2012 with several exciting new features which enhance the overall cruiser touring experience. The new motorcycle-friendly Garmin Zumo 665 GPS with a flip down design is loaded with features including navigation, Bluetooth and optional with subscription Sirius/XM satellite radio ready, real-time weather, weather radar, traffic, road condition warnings and much more. A new closeable lid helps keep iPod, iPhone and other small items in place while new chrome speaker trim and a re-designed tank emblem accentuates the styling of the Stratoliner Deluxe. Available in Liquid Silver it will also be available in February.
Updates to the Roadliner S include re-styled tank badges, front fender and a new Seashell color while the Stratoliner S receives the same styling updates and Raven paint to accompany its windshield and saddlebags. Both will be available in February.
An icon and the “Original Power Cruiser”, the VMax, returns in a hot rod looking Matte black and with new detailed stitching on the saddle to complete the look that has earned a devoted following since its introduction in 1985.
The fuel injected Road Star S with its chrome switchgear, front brake master cylinder, front fork and levers returns in Raven for 2012 with its Road Star Silverado S Touring brother painted in a luminescent Lunar White Pearl.
The Stryker is the coolest bike to roll off the floor since the Raider with its “fists in the wind riding position” and raked out front end. This season the Stryker is available in a Reddish Copper, Candy Red or the popular Raven for 3 color options, all available in September.
Our popular V Star series returns with all new colors for the V Star 1300, V Star 1300 Tourer,
V Star 950 and V Star 950 Tourer with features like fuel injection, reliability and value that are unmatched in the industry. Last but not least the V Star 250 receives an updated handlebar and riser, Raven paint and continues to introduce new and returning riders to the Star brand.
2012 Yamaha Star Raider SCL
- The limited production Raider SCL is loaded with premium cruiser features. Crafted for riders who value exclusivity, only 500 of these exceptional machines will be built.
- Newly developed high-metallic Blazing Orange paint was created specifically for the Raider SCL. Coupled with a metal flake and shine made possible by a 6-layer painting process, its vibrancy is unlike any other color produced for a Star® Motorcycle. This bike is sure to stand out from the crowd.
- Stainless steel mesh throttle cables as well as clutch and brake lines give this bike a premium look.
- Custom 5-spoke chrome wheels co-developed by Star and Performance Machine, with matching chrome pulley and chrome belt guard, help elevate the Raider SCL to a true production custom.
- Great attention to detail was taken into consideration when designing the genuine leather two-tone seat with embossed SCL logo, and matching orange stitching – keeping the discerning cruiser customer in mind. Over time, the seat will develop a character of its own and will be unlike any other.
- An exclusive metal SCL badge with hologram is placed on top of the fuel tank as a constant reminder to its owner that only 500 of these unique machines exist.
- 113-cubic-inch (1854cc) air-cooled, OHV with 4 valves per cylinder, pushrod 48-degree V-twin pumps out max torque at just 2500 rpm and max power at 4500 rpm for powerful, relaxed cruising.
- Four pushrod-activated valves and two spark plugs per cylinder provide optimum combustion efficiency along with classically beautiful engine architecture.
- Ceramic-composite plated cylinders for superior heat dissipation with forged pistons cooled by oil jets. Provides outstanding reliability and longer engine life.
- 9.48:1 compression ratio and aggressive cam timing increase power output across the board.
- Computer-controlled, twin-bore fuel injection monitors multiple engine parameters to calculate perfect mixture under all conditions; wide-angle 12-hole fuel injectors provide excellent atomization.
- A 3.5-liter airbox is hidden in the area below the fuel tank for great performance and clean styling.
- Two-into-one-into-two exhaust with Exhaust Ultimate Power valve (EXUP®) inside boosts torque in the 2500~3500-rpm range.
- Special custom-machining of the cooling fin edges gives a jewel-like appearance to the engine as light hits it from different angles.
- All-aluminum cast frame is light, rigid, and tuned for light, athletic handling. A light, Controlled-Fill, aluminum swingarm casting complements the bike’s lithe style.
- Low, sculpted rider and passenger seat of exclusive, two-toned genuine leather with orange stitching set this bike apart while maintaining the Raider’s casual, urban cruising style ergonomics.
- A 6-degree yoke angle—the first ever on a street-legal Star Motorcycle—makes it possible to achieve that custom look as well as neutral handling and straight-line cruisability: 33-degree rake plus 6 degrees yoke angle gives total rake of 39 degrees and 102mm of trail.
- Custom 5-spoke wheels co-developed by Star and Performance Machine are chrome plated for uncommon custom beauty. There’s 120/70-21-inch tire up front, and a wide, 210/40-18 out back—the tallest and widest ever on a Star.
- 46mm fork tubes serve a sweet appearance and an excellent ride through 5.1 inches of wheel travel.
- A tucked-out-of-sight single shock out back provides a smooth ride under varying loads.
- The flangeless fuel tank gets a 6-layer paint process with meticulous application of Raider SCL’s exclusive metallic Blazing Orange paint for an unmatched look. It carries a full 4.2 gallons of fuel for an excellent cruising range.
- Front brake master cylinder with integrated lever operates a pair of 298mm front discs squeezed by strong monoblock calipers for excellent power and feel, with a 310mm disc out back.
- Strong, light and narrow belt final drive contains embedded carbon fiber for even greater strength.
- Wiring harness uses super-slim wires for compactness and lighter weight, and switchgear wiring is routed inside the handlebar for a clean appearance.
- Left-thumb operated high-beam switch, and right-thumb activated accessory driving light switch for great visibility.
- Jewel-like fit and finish, and Star quality paint, chrome and attention to detail are evident all over the Raider.
- Cool, tank-mounted instrumentation complements the custom look, and contains analog speedometer and fuel gauge, along with twin digital tripmeters, odometer and self-diagnostics.
- Bright multireflector headlight, LED taillight, and amber turn signals behind clear lenses give a custom look.
- 02 sensor and three-way catalyst reduce emissions.
- Raider SCL (Star Custom Line) comes equipped with billet wheels & pulley, custom leather seat, braided stainless steel throttle cables, clutch and brake hoses.
MSRP: $19,990 (Blazing Orange) Available from February 2012
Type: 113-cubic-inch (1854cc) air-cooled V-twin OHV, 4 valves/cylinder
Bore x Stroke: 100.0 x 118.0mm
Compression Ratio: 9.48:1
Fuel Delivery: Twin-Bore electronic fuel injection; throttle position sensor
Ignition: TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
Transmission: 5-speed, multiplate wet clutch
Final Drive: Belt
Frame: Double cradle
Suspension / Front: Telescopic fork; 5.1-in travel
Suspension / Rear: Swingarm; 3.5-in travel
Brakes / Front: Dual hydraulic disc, 298mm
Brakes / Rear: Hydraulic disc, 310mm
Tires / Front: 120/70-21
Tires / Rear: 210/40-18
Wheels: 5-spoke cast
Length: 101.2 in
Width: 36.4 in
Height: 45.9 in
Seat Height: 27.4 in
Ground Clearance: 5.8 in
Wheelbase: 70.9 in
Fuel Capacity: 4.2 gal
Fuel Economy: 42 mpg
Wet Weight: 729.9 lb
Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
Click here to visit our forums to discuss this story
Tags: 2012, Yamaha, Star, new models, cruisers, Raider SCL
Tweets by @bikeland_org