GP of the Americas, Circuit of the Americas (Texas)2017-04-21 07:27
Did you know…?
- Last year, the two factory Ducatis clocked the two fastest speeds of the entire race: 345.2 and 344.2 km/h.
- The last three years that the World Championship has visited COTA, there has always been a Ducati on the podium.
- Andrea Dovizioso finished on the podium in two of the last editions; he finished third in 2014, second in 2015 and last year, while fighting for the top positions, he ended up on the ground because Pedrosa crashed while braking and took him out of the race.
- Although Aleix Espargaró took out Dovizioso in the last GP of Argentina, the Ducati rider is third in the provisional Championship classification.
- Ducati has one victory in the United States, the win by Stoner in 2007 when the American race was held at Laguna Seca.
- Jorge Lorenzo has won twice in the United States. In 2009 at the Indianapolis circuit, and in 2010 at the spectacular Laguna Seca.
- The second place achieved last year is Lorenzo’s best result at COTA.
- COTA is one of the five circuits in the calendar where Jorge Lorenzo hasn’t yet won.
- COTA is the track with the longest straight on the entire calendar at 1200 meters.
- Circuit of the Americas has the biggest acceleration point in the world. It’s produced on the back straight, where the acceleration starts in first gear at 60 km/h and reaches 350 km/h.
- The elevation change at the circuit is 41 meters, with 26 of these meters changing at the end of the finish line in Turn 1, creating a hill with a gradient of 16.25%.
- COTA has the highest tower within a speed circuit with 25 floors and a height of 77 meters.
- In 2015, the MotoGP practice was stopped for 20 minutes because a dog ran onto the track.
Click here to visit our forums to discuss this story
Tweets by @bikeland_org