MotoGP Info 2012: Hertz becomes Title Sponsor of the British Grand Prix at Silverstone2012-06-08 21:31
Dorna Sports is pleased to announce that the Hertz Corporation, the world’s largest general use car rental brand, is now the title sponsor of the 2012 British MotoGP, which will be held at Silverstone on 15-17 June. The move follows the successful collaboration between MotoGP™ rights holder Dorna Sports and Hertz, which has been the car and equipment rental supplier for the premier motorcycle racing World Championship since 2010.
The world-renowned MotoGP championship is an eighteen-race series visiting thirteen countries across four continents. The Hertz British Grand Prix edition of the MotoGP will see Britain's Cal Crutchlow and James Ellison battle it out with the likes of Valentino Rossi, Jorge Lorenzo and Casey Stoner for the title.
“Britain is certainly on the world stage for sports this year, and I’m very proud that Hertz is the title sponsor of the exhilarating British Grand Prix,” said Michel Taride, President of Hertz International and Executive Vice President, Hertz Corporation. “The adrenaline-fuelled MotoGP event will have fans on the edge of their seats as they marvel at the feats of the riders and their motorcycles alike, and it is a privilege to be part of the action.”
Pau Serracanta, Managing Director Commercial Area Dorna, added: “I’m thrilled with the agreement with one of our most important partners. As global sport providers, we need partners such as Hertz, who offer an excellent worldwide service for both vehicle and equipment rental. Our collaboration has been very successful to date, which is demonstrated by the company’s title sponsorship of the British Grand Prix.”
As title sponsor of the British MotoGP, Hertz will benefit from significant media exposure through a range of branding opportunities at the circuit, including at the trackside, bridge, starting point, winners’ podium backdrops, and clothing of the Paddock Girls.
To celebrate this event, Hertz is offering MotoGP fans the chance to win a pair of VIP tickets for Sunday, 17 June 2012. The winners can enjoy a VIP experience with access to the VIP Village area, breakfast, lunch, open bar, pit lane walk to visit the Pit Boxes, Paddock visit, free copy of the official program and exclusive viewing. The entry details and terms and conditions can be located on hertz.co.uk/motogp.
For spectators visiting the British MotoGP, Hertz is also offering the opportunity for a free upgrade on vehicles rented from Hertz. Details can be found on www.hertz.co.uk/motogp.
Terms and Conditions
• The prize consists of two (2) tickets for Hertz British MotoGP on Sunday 17 June 2012, including hospitality in the VIP Village. The prize does not include transport or accommodation.
• The prize cannot be sold and has no retail value.
• No cash alternative is offered and the price cannot be sold.
• Entry into the draw can be made by Sunday 10 June.
• The winner will be contacted using the details provided when entering the competition.
• The prize will be drawn on Monday 11 June and all reasonable attempts to contact the winner will be done on the same day. If the winner does not confirm they can travel to Silverstone to utilise the prize on this day after three (3) days, or if there is insufficient information supplied in the booking to make contact with the winner, the prize will be forfeited and another winner will be drawn.
• Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the prize-winner and companion.
• The name of the winners will be available by writing to Partnership Marketing, Hertz Europe Limited, Hertz House, 11 Vine Street, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1QE, United Kingdom.
• This promotion is being run by Hertz Europe Limited, based at Hertz House, 11 Vine Street, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1QE, United Kingdom. This promotion is subject to English Law.
Click here to visit our forums to discuss this story