Siebler Adds to the Parity as AMA Arenacross Series Leaves Lasting Impression in Toledo2011-02-06 03:50
The AMA Arenacross Series’ finale from Toledo’s Huntington Center was a memorable one as TUF Honda’s Cole Siebler, of Emmett, Idaho, grabbed his first career Arenacross class victory on Saturday night. In the Arenacross Lites class main event Foremost Insurance/Spinechillers/HondaofFairfield.com’s Patrick Massie, of Washington Court, Ohio, become just the second winner of the 2011 Eastern Regional Championship season.
Throughout the 2011 AMA Arenacross Series season, it’s been a back-and-forth battle between current points leader and TUF Honda rider Jeff Gibson, of Blacklick, Ohio, and the Babbitt’s Monster Energy/TiLUBE Kawasaki presented by Maxxis duo of Tyler Bowers, of Danville, Conn., and Chad Johnson, of Rhinelander, Wis. However, Gibson’s TUF Honda teammate Siebler chose to throw his name into the mix on Saturday night.
As the gates dropped on the 25-lap main event, Siebler grabbed the start he needed to run out in front of the field. Once in the top spot, he showed he has the speed of his counterparts, dominating throughout the race en route to the win. Bowers overcame a potentially troublesome night, working his way into the main event from the Last Chance Qualifier. After starting on the second row, he worked his way into second. Gibson rode smart, not pressing the issue and securing the final podium spot.
With his win on Friday night and his runner-up effort on Saturday, Bowers has closed to within just three points of his rival.
Previously undefeated Adam Gulley, of Jonesburg, Mo., was forced to overcome a bad start in the Arenacross Lites main event. While he worked his way through the field, Massie asserted himself as the rider to beat, holding off Gateway Cycles Kawasaki’s Steven Mages, of Sardinia, Ohio, while Gulley landed on the podium in third.
The AMA Arenacross Series continues next weekend, making its return to Louisville, Ky., and the Freedom Hall. The action commences on Saturday, February 12 at 7 p.m. ET.
Arenacross Class Results (Toledo, Ohio)
1. Cole Siebler, Emmett, Idaho, Honda
2. Tyler Bowers, Danville, Ky., Kawasaki
3. Jeff Gibson, Blacklick, Ohio, Honda
4. Chad Johnson, Rhinelander, Wis., Kawasaki
5. Zach Ames, Prospect, Ohio, Honda
6. Gray Davenport, Lehi, Utah, Kawasaki
7. Kelly Smith, Ludington, Mich., Yamaha
8. Dave Ginolfi, Lake Hopatlong, N.J., Suzuki
9. Daniel Aulsaybrook, Ortonville, Mich., Suzuki
10. Nathan Skaggs, Chilicothe, Ohio, Honda
AMA Arenacross Lites Class Results (Toledo, Ohio)
1. Patrick Massie, Washington Court, Ohio, Honda
2. Steven Mages, Sardinia, Ohio, Kawasaki
3. Adam Gulley, Jonesburg, Mo., Kawasaki
4. Kyle Goerke, Lake Helen, Fla., Suzuki
5. Scott Zont, Algonquin, Ill., Honda
6. Michael Lang, Saugerties, N.Y., Honda
7. Tyler Sehr, Belleville, Ill., Honda
8. Austin Primavera, Larue, Ohio, Suzuki
9. Tanner Young, Marland, Okla., Yamaha
10. Kenneth Henry, Ashtabula, Ohio, KTM
Arenacross Class Points (After Race 6 of 19)
1. Jeff Gibson, Blacklick, Ohio, Honda – 155
2. Tyler Bowers, Danville, Ky., Kawasaki – 152
3. Chad Johnson, Rhinelander, Wis., Kawasaki – 140
4. Gray Davenport, Lehi, Utah, Kawasaki – 112
5. Zach Ames, Prospect, Ohio, Honda – 112
6. Cole Siebler, Emmett, Idaho, Ho nda – 109
7. Nathan Skaggs, Chillicothe, Ohio, Honda – 89
8. Kevin Johnson, Spring, Texas, Yamaha – 82
9. Kelly Smith, Ludington, Mich., Yamaha – 79
10. Cory Green, Nowata, Okla., Suzuki – 73
Arenacross Lites Class Eastern Regional Points (After Race 4 of 10)
1. Adam Gulley, Jonesburg, Mo., Kawasaki – 95
2. Patrick Massie, Washington Court, Ohio, Honda – 83
3. Steve Mages, Sardinia, Ohio, Kawasaki – 64
4. Tyler Sehr, Belleville, Ill., Honda – 54
5. Austin Coon, Spencer, W.V., Honda – 53
6. Kyle Goerke, Lake Helen, Fla., Suzuki – 40
7. Scott Zont, Algonquin, Ill., Honda – 40
8. Kyle White, Freeport, Ill., Honda – 38
9. Austin Primavera, Larue, Ohio, Suzuki – 30
10. Maxx Malatia, Itasca, Ill., Kawasaki – 29
New for 2011! Live timing and scoring from each round of the AMA Arenacross Series. To follow the intense racing action live, log onto www.Arenacross.com. For all media requests, please contact Brandon Short at email@example.com or 949-365-5750.
For more information on the 2011 AMA Arenacross Series, log on to www.Arenacross.com. For all media requests, please contact Brandon Short firstname.lastname@example.org or 949-365-5750.
Never miss out on the latest news! Follow the AMA Arenacross Series on Facebook and Twitter! Log on to http://www.facebook.com/AMAarenacross and http://twitter.com/arenacross today!
About Feld Motor Sports®
Feld Motor Sports®, Inc. is the world leader in specialized arena and stadium-based motor sports entertainment. Feld Motor Sports, Inc. productions include Advance Auto Parts Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, AMA Arenacross Series, Nuclear Cowboyz℠, and IHRA® Nitro Jam®. Feld Motor Sports, Inc. is a division of Feld Entertainment, the world’s largest producer of live family entertainment. For more information on Feld Entertainment, visit www.feldentertainment.com.
Source: Feld Motor Sports
Click here to visit our forums to discuss this story
Tweets by @bikeland_org