HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Anyone disassemble the turn signals? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
lietoome

Needs a job
posted September 09, 2012 10:32 PM        
Anyone disassemble the turn signals?

I am looking at attempting an upgrade on my stock turn signals. I was wondering if anyone had them apart or if it would be worth the hassle. Being overseas, I'd like to see if I can get some insight before I start working on mine. I like the way it turned out on my truck, so I am looking at building a set with stock bulbs and adding some LED parking lights or something like that...anyone with this kind of experience? I didn't do the work on my Ram headlights.

Here is what I'm after, painted black inside to match the bike:

and thinking about incorporating something like these:

Ignore this member   
lietoome

Needs a job
posted September 10, 2012 03:20 AM        
I'm guessing they just unscrew to change the bulbs.
  Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted September 10, 2012 05:53 AM        
rear no problem, front a problem, i'm sure there is a way to separate the lenses

wee

Ignore this member   
eklipse636

Needs a life
ZX-14
posted September 11, 2012 06:55 PM        
The problem with separating the lenses in the front is going to be sealing them back up. With them getting hot, any moisture whatsoever in them will make them fog up.

Ignore this member   
lietoome

Needs a job
posted September 11, 2012 08:48 PM        
Agree, I have a set that I can work on until I get them perfected. Still looking at different options on installing the LED parking/running lights.
  Ignore this member   
dakota9498

Pro
posted September 12, 2012 02:51 PM        
I took apart the tail light on my ZRX to cut it down a little. Just have to soak them in some hot water to get the glue to let go a bit. As far as sealing them back up you would have to be careful not to get it everywhere, but the yellow weatherstrip glue should work pretty well.

Ignore this member   
venomous_zx

Expert Class
2012 14r - low and long-
posted September 14, 2012 07:08 PM        
i just used a hot air gun to heat up the glue then pull the parts apart. then to put them together i just used epoxy. just be careful if you use a hot air gun. keep it moving.....

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Anyone disassemble the turn signals? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.684737205505 seconds processing time