HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Top Speed NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Thread: Top Speed
riaansh

Expert Class
posted July 29, 2012 11:20 AM        
Top Speed

Has anyone have an idea of how fast you would go on a zx14r [gps estimate speed+-] at 11000 speedo revs.

Comparison

1. Standard sprocket set up.
2. 40 t rear sprocket standard in front.

Ignore this member   
zixxer14

Pro
Damn that was Quick
posted July 29, 2012 01:58 PM        Edited By: zixxer14 on 29 Jul 2012 20:58
Consult this...http://www.gearingcommander.com/
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit zixxer14's homepage. 
Shane661

Needs a life
posted July 29, 2012 02:43 PM        
quote:

Then measure your tire, plug it into the software, and subtract 3%. And calculate a max rpm of 10900.

Shane

Ignore this member   
Flyboy

Pro
posted July 29, 2012 08:24 PM        
Then figure in density altitude--

One fast red ZX-14,
Three World and four National Land Speed Records,
One faster red and white Cessna Turbo 210

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Flyboy's homepage. 
riaansh

Expert Class
posted July 30, 2012 09:44 AM        
quote:

Got it but not sure I understand it. The bike gets restricted to 185 mph at 11000 speedo revs and I know it's out so how much is the error. Gear calculator must calculate at true rpm then. So an indicated 11000 = ? true rpm.
Best is to use a GPS then, but I'll have to wait for an event to do that.
Look we have different conditions here in SA and different fuel octane also so not looking to get any speeds close to what for example Shane's wife did.
Shane not planning to beat you Buddy way to far away for that so don't worry.
I would like to see what a normal 14r with minimal mods do on a top speed run.

Ignore this member   
Shane661

Needs a life
posted July 30, 2012 09:48 AM        Edited By: Shane661 on 30 Jul 2012 16:50
The tach is near 500 rpm high, compared to actual. You need to derestrict the bike, or you are not going any faster than 186, +/- a little.

I'm not worried...I am giving you the same information I use to calculate gearing and speed.

Shane

Ignore this member   
toledoUPSguy

Expert Class
An old guy with a new toy
posted July 30, 2012 10:24 AM        
quote:
The tach is near 500 rpm high, compared to actual. You need to derestrict the bike, or you are not going any faster than 186, +/- a little.

I'm not worried...I am giving you the same information I use to calculate gearing and speed.

Shane

When you set the little shift light on the 14r is it going off actual rpm or the displayed tach rpm? Sorry for the sidetrack.

Ignore this member   
Shane661

Needs a life
posted July 30, 2012 10:27 AM        Edited By: Shane661 on 30 Jul 2012 17:28
quote:

When you set the little shift light on the 14r is it going off actual rpm or the displayed tach rpm? Sorry for the sidetrack.

No idea!?! I have never used the shift light! Don't you use the tach to set it?

Shane

Ignore this member   
riaansh

Expert Class
posted July 30, 2012 11:14 AM        
quote:

Shane

My bike has the Guhl flash so everything fine there. You have been there so you would know! I have the 40t rear sprocket. Just wondering how high it will rev the 40t rear sprocket.
How high did your bike rev on your run?
How do you position yourself on your bike at that speeds; there is mega turbulence and its difficult to see clearly at high speeds.
Some tips would be appreciated.

Ignore this member   
Shane661

Needs a life
posted July 30, 2012 11:16 AM        Edited By: Shane661 on 30 Jul 2012 18:17
quote:
quote:

Shane

My bike has the Guhl flash so everything fine there. You have been there so you would know! I have the 40t rear sprocket. Just wondering how high it will rev the 40t rear sprocket.
How do you position yourself on your bike at that speeds; there is mega turbulence and its difficult to see clearly at high speeds.

We have a run a 40T to 211.xx mph, pulling about 11280 rpm on the extended rpm Guhl setup. If you get properly low, you will not have that turbulence. I am a big guy, at 255+ lbs suited...my bike was rock solid, fully clear vision at 206.8 mph.

Tire circumference was around 77" on those runs. Should be close to what you have on your bike.

Shane

Ignore this member   
riaansh

Expert Class
posted July 30, 2012 11:48 AM        
quote:
quote:
quote:

Shane

We have a run a 40T to 211.xx mph, pulling about 11280 rpm on the extended rpm Guhl setup. If you get properly low, you will not have that turbulence. I am a big guy, at 255+ lbs suited...my bike was rock solid, fully clear vision at 206.8 mph.

Tire circumference was around 77" on those runs. Should be close to what you have on your bike.

Shane

I would love to run 200 - 205 range.
Last questions: Do you run the standard screen.
Suspension set up.
I'll be happy to run 11000 revs, I hope it would because I have the same Brock goodies.
My tire is quite new so should be the same.
Thanks man, tell you there is not many people running your speeds.

Ignore this member   
Shane661

Needs a life
posted July 30, 2012 11:51 AM        
Yes, standard screen. If you are using the Brock map, I suggest fattening it up a little for top speed. Do you have a data logger? A cheap one is a great investment!

Suspension setup...set the bike up to handle the road you are racing on. Keep the wheels on the ground, as per typical roadracing setup. Run a minimum of stock tire pressures, as measured cold. Invest in a steering damper.

Shane

Ignore this member   
All times are PST(US) < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Top Speed NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.227756023407 seconds processing time