HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Kawasaki IQ test NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
RICH CRAFT 1

Zone Head
posted July 04, 2012 11:48 AM        Edited By: RICH CRAFT 1 on 4 Jul 2012 19:19
Kawasaki IQ test

Okay so I just need to vent a little bit! I'm not saying that Kawasaki is stupid, but their R&D program sucks when it comes to helping those people who have helped them! I saw a post by Lee on what do you think my bike would run. We may not ever know, any time soon, because Lee, and wee, was not born with a silver spoon in their mouth, and good speed equipment is not cheap. And I'm sure they and a few others here do the best they can with the money they have to spend on their racing program. I think the ZX 14.com is the top site for the new 14R, and I think what runs the best sells the best, and I see who is on here is trying to make that happen! . A couple years ago I told my son. I was going to take that name, Kawasaki off the side of my motorcycle! in protest, for not being able to see the forest for the trees. We were at the track almost every weekend, we won a lot of races on our Kawasaki. I think we have the fastest "street legal" bike in Texas , and that offer is open to anybody who wants some. We were the first ones in the Dallas area to buy a 14 and start racing it. The dealership that I buy all my bikes from, and they know who we are! they will probably never know how many bikes we sold for them because when it comes to sport bikes , what wins is what sells! . So this is what they'll do for me . 20% off my parts retail. I can get 30% off on the Internet with no taxes . What do you think sells more motorcycles? RG attempt at giving away a new 14 for beating him and ET brackets, are the ET that smoking, and wee posted, all I want to know is how fast is it, and yes, I see some numbers by the pros. But what is the guy at the local track doing? When I saw Wee bike run the other day in hundred degree weather 8.85 @ 760 pounds I was shocked because STD horsepower is 235 with ram air. on pump gas . There is nothing special about Lee and Wee's bike but Wee is longer then smokng bike, Both riders are good riders both bikes are a good example of what the bike will run like with different size riders. I think it would help if Kawasaki would pay attention to who is actually selling bikes!

Ken

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted July 04, 2012 01:24 PM        
you been smoking the wacky weed again

Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted July 04, 2012 01:28 PM        
quote:
Okay so I just need to vent a little bit! I'm not saying that Kawasaki is stupid, but their R&D program sucks when it comes to helping those people who have helped them! I saw a post by Lee on what do you think my bike would run. We may not ever know, any time soon, because Lee, and wee, was not born with a silver spoon in their mouth, and good speed equipment is not cheap. And I'm sure they and a few others here do the best they can with the money they have to spend on their racing program. I think the ZX 14.com is the top site for the new 14R, and I think what runs the best sells the best, and I see who is on here is trying to make that happen! . A couple years ago I told my son. I was going to take that name, Kawasaki off the side of my motorcycle! in protest, for not being able to see the forest for the trees. We were at the track almost every weekend, we won a lot of races on our Kawasaki. I think we have the fastest "street legal" bike in Texas , and that offer is open to anybody who wants some. We were the first ones in the Dallas area to buy a 14 and start racing it. The dealership that I buy all my bikes from, and they know who we are! they will probably never know how many bikes we sold for them because when it comes to sport bikes , what wins is what sells! . So this is what they'll do for me . 20% off my parts retail. I can get 30% off on the Internet with no taxes . What do you think sells more motorcycles? RG attempt at giving away a new 14 for beating him and ET brackets, are the ET that smoking, and wee posted, all I want to know is how fast is it, and yes, I see some numbers by the pros. But what is the guy at the local track doing? When I saw Wee bike run the other day in hundred degree weather 8.85 @ 760 pounds I was shocked because STD horsepower is 235 with ram air. on pump gas . There is nothing special about Lee and Wee's bike but Wee is longer then smokng bike, Both riders are good riders both bikes are a good example of what the bike will run like with different size riders. I think it would help if Kawasaki would pay attention to who is actually selling bikes!

Ken
I hope Kawasaki doesn't think anti lock brakes and traction control will sell the 14r..

wee

Ignore this member   
Bently

Needs a life
2012 14r In Blue and no Mods!
posted July 04, 2012 01:32 PM        
I talked to the crew at jimmy johns about the 14r for 15 minutes today. we all help sell bikes for kawasaki. not just 1/4 numbers. the average guy on the street could care less about the 8 second pass.
  Ignore this member   
RICH CRAFT 1

Zone Head
posted July 04, 2012 02:08 PM        
quote:
I talked to the crew at jimmy johns about the 14r for 15 minutes today. we all help sell bikes for kawasaki. not just 1/4 numbers. the average guy on the street could care less about the 8 second pass.

that's probably true about the average guy on the street, but of the people who buy big fast motorcycles. The choice is pretty clear. What I see showing up at my local track or new 14R not new busa! why? I live in Busa country, but that's not what people are buying around here. Why did they switch? nobody wants to buy a $14,000 motorcycle to get run over on the street or at the track! it must be the horsepower! . I don't know how many times I've heard people say , if the new 14 does it make at least XXX horsepower. I'm not buying a new one, and how do you know it makes XXX horsepower, unless somebody proves it. this post was for the people who went to the trouble of proven it.

Ken

Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted July 04, 2012 02:19 PM        
Kawasaki sure has an odd way of advertising the 14r, using a 9 time national champion drag racer to promote it lol.

wee

Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted July 04, 2012 02:42 PM        
ken i understand how you feel .. Kawi has done nothing for me or the dealer that i got my bike from .. The dealer has sold a boat load of ZX14R because of me and the numbers i have run .. Hell the dealer even has copies of my time slips to show new ZX14R buyers ..
Brock has helped me as well as Wee with great maps , info and tricks .. Brock even made me a Brocks's dealer .. I thank him very much for that because it cuts my cost on parts prices making it easier for me to test parts and go racing ..Every dollar helps ..

Kawi knows full well what Shane , Wee and myself have done for them .. When Brock talked to Kawi about what Wee , Shane and myself they ( Kawi ) already knew our names and what we had done with the new ZX14R .. These are not just people from Kawi USA but people from Kawi in Japan .. They read these web sites and see the videos on YouTube ..

Kawi was very impressed with what we have done and were very greatfull for what Brock , Wee Shane and myself have done for them .. You have to understand Kawi people in Japan don't get drag racing , they don't get how works as far as sales like Kawi USA guys do .. That is why the went to Brocks to get first hand info .. They are starting to see the big picture and that in the end will help us all ..

I would be nice if Kawi stepped up and helped grass roots racers like Wee, Shane and others but it looks like that is not going to happen anytime soon .. But it was nice that they did know who we are and were greatfull for what we have done .. It did strike a core with them ..Time will tell if anything comes of it , but it just might down the road ..

Ricky Gadson is their poster boy for drag racing , Zook , Honda and Yamaha don't have anyone on the payroll like Ricky Gadson and that has cost them in sales ..

Wee Shane and a host of others do this because we like it and would do it even if nobody said a word about us .. But it is nice to be recognised by your peers and Mother Kawi for what we have done .. And for that i thank you all..

Ignore this member   
RICH CRAFT 1

Zone Head
posted July 04, 2012 04:08 PM        
Lee, thanks for that information. it gives me some glimmer of hope that Kawasaki is paying attention to some degree. And that the money and hard work that some people put into some of these bikes might be appreciated by the people who actually make a few dollars off this. like you said, they know who they are. Would it hurt Kawasaki to sell parts to those people who are trying at dealer cost?I thought it was funny. When you said your dealer was passing out Time slips on your bike, they know how to make a sale. My dealer tells me, a lot of times that people come in talking about our bike. I built my own engines, and when I go in there to buy parts. They give me 20% off LOL. Surely they could do better than that. Sometimes people would like to know that their hard work is paying offer something.

also I did not mean to leave Brock out of this,I understand that he stands to make a couple dollars off this. But what other vendor would step up and do the hard work on pipes and map support,and the only information that comes from Kawasaki that would help us,seems to come through him. Show me a fast Street legal14, and I'll show you one with a brocks pipe.

Ken

Ignore this member   
BlackMagic14

Needs a job
posted July 04, 2012 06:19 PM        
Me and Two of the guys ride with had the first the 14's in the state of Arkansas way back in the day and back then EVERYONE ran Busa's, we street race a lot around here and I mean a lot. Of the roughly 100 bikes that show up every week at our street races 14's now outnumber Busa's 20:1 the suzuki place in my town has left over new 09 busa's they can't sell but every 14 that hits the shelf is gone super fast! All that said I think a lot of you guys overestimate the power of the Internet on the common motorcyclist. As I said there are literally hundreds of 14's in my hometown and other than maybe a few people that get on psychobike from time to time none of them are active on the forums. The sole reason there are so many zx14's around these parts is that since 2006 we have DOMINATED every street race around here the Busa guys don't even show up any more. This is the true grass roots effort not even so much as the track but the guys that get out and street race
  Ignore this member   
bizzsteve

Novice Class
black ZX14R 2012
posted July 05, 2012 06:13 AM        
Not a track guy myself I'm a big sport bike guy I've always tried to own the best bike avalible from my 83 V-65 magna/ 1000 hurricane/ 1000 ninja/ XX /GSXR 1000/ 954 / The bike has to look good as well as be fast and I think the busa always looked better than the ZX14 until 2012. I agree I don't think Kawasaki has been doing themselves a favor in the last 10 to 15 years,but in the last two years they are tring to come back in a big way ZX10/14R I could'nt care less if a B-King for example was pulling mid-6"s I still dont care to own it, it's ugly!!!
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit bizzsteve's homepage. 
zxrider11

Novice Class
posted July 05, 2012 07:22 AM        
Here in West Michigan, at our local drag track - Martin US131, we had six ZX14's and only one GenI Busa show up for the test & tune night.

And at our local bike shop that puts on Free Dyno Nights, we have had probably eight ZX14's post 185-200 rwhp, and only one stretched, blinged-out GenI Busa run that made 145rwhp.

Even a couple of BMW S1000's attended the dyno nights, but 170rwhp & 180rwhp were the best they posted.

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Kawasaki IQ test NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.642513036728 seconds processing time