HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Product Advisory – BST Carbon Fiber Rear Wheels NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
BLK ICE

Pro
we'll leave the light on for u
posted June 29, 2012 12:13 AM        Edited By: BLK ICE on 29 Jun 2012 08:03
Product Advisory – BST Carbon Fiber Rear Wheels

"This just in.... if you own or use the BST Rims ....this may be of interest to you

BST Rear Wheel use information/Brocks Performance : Dragbike Live.com

Product Advisory – BST Carbon Fiber Rear Wheels in Extreme Use Applications

Attention Brock’s Performance customers that use BST carbon fiber wheels in extreme use applications as defined by, but not limited to: Modified motorcycles in excess of 450 hp, Drag Racing, Super Moto, Stunt riding or any other extreme use.

Brock’s Performance has received a small number of reports that older BST wheels that have been subjected to multiple, repeated extreme use, may fail. We take these reports seriously and have worked diligently with the manufacturer to create an Extreme Use Policy as well as a BST Carbon Fiber Rear Wheel Inspection Document.

In the interest of rider safety, BST does not recommend the following wheels for extreme use and have identified that the following wheels are at the most risk of failure due to extreme use

6” Rear - Model# 8006 - Serial Number 2722 and lower - Built Prior to 11/25/2011

6.25” Rear - Model# 8014 - Serial Number 129 and lower - Built Prior to 01/11/2012

6.625” Rear - Model# 8013 - Serial Number 172 and lower - Built Prior to 11/22/2011

BST Carbon Fiber Rear Wheel Inspection Document: Click here to download PDF (2mb)

Please read the BST Carbon Fiber Rear Wheel Inspection Document carefully. It is designed so that you receive the earliest possible communication from the manufacturer concerning their product as it may affect its use and your personal safety. Please heed the inspection and warning advice as described in the BST Carbon Fiber Rear Wheel Inspection Document.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. If you need further information please contact us at 937-912-0054 or by email at BST@brocksperformance.com"

Regards,
BlackIce Performance

Repersenting: BLACK ICE PERFORMANCE and NO QUARTER MOTORSPORTS
Nitrous and Tires Sponsored by: Custom Specialties Cycles
Dyno Tuned by: Garron of ADAMS PERFORMANCE. http://www.adamsperformance.net/
BlackIce Performance: Honor, Freedom, Love of Country!
(I am open to Sponsorship and Product Testing and Review. Contact BlackIce Performance at blackice_performance@yahoo.com) or BlackIce Perf on Facebook

Ignore this member   
Bigbore4

Zone Head
posted June 29, 2012 01:01 AM        
Interesting. I'm not concerned just yet, but I'll be checking my serial numbers when I get home
  Ignore this member   
dakota9498

Pro
posted June 29, 2012 07:11 AM        
Hmm....I wonder what brought this on...haha

Ignore this member   
justoyz2

Zone Head
Justoyz Racing
posted June 29, 2012 07:36 AM        
ICE, where did you get this, off Brock's website. I need to check mine...... I don't have 450 hp, no where close......

Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted June 29, 2012 09:10 AM        
Who wants to sell their wheels?

wee

Ignore this member   
BLK ICE

Pro
we'll leave the light on for u
posted June 29, 2012 11:53 AM        
quote:
ICE, where did you get this, off Brock's website. I need to check mine...... I don't have 450 hp, no where close......

Dragbike Live.com

Repersenting: BLACK ICE PERFORMANCE and NO QUARTER MOTORSPORTS
Nitrous and Tires Sponsored by: Custom Specialties Cycles
Dyno Tuned by: Garron of ADAMS PERFORMANCE. http://www.adamsperformance.net/
BlackIce Performance: Honor, Freedom, Love of Country!
(I am open to Sponsorship and Product Testing and Review. Contact BlackIce Performance at blackice_performance@yahoo.com) or BlackIce Perf on Facebook

Ignore this member   
smokinstorm

Expert Class
Old Drag Racer
posted June 29, 2012 01:46 PM        
I really wanted these wheels at first. Good thing I was too poor to buy them or I might have hurt someone. And no, I don't have anywhere near 450 horsepower.
2001 GSXR 1000
Looking for a 1985 GS1150E

Ignore this member   
madnessracing

Pro
Vmax and Busa Beater
posted June 29, 2012 09:22 PM        Edited By: madnessracing on 30 Jun 2012 04:23
SMH...........

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Product Advisory – BST Carbon Fiber Rear Wheels NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
1.00510811806 seconds processing time