HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: -14R Observation....- NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Shane661

Needs a life
posted June 24, 2012 06:19 PM        
-14R Observation....-

The 14R is by far the most powerful production bike ever...

The HP over Busa gain is similar to the Blackbird vs Busa.

Not enough hype, imo!!!!

Shane

Ignore this member   
kaw-rick

Pro
posted June 24, 2012 06:25 PM        
Brings a smile to my face everytime i ride. thats all i need.
  Ignore this member   
smokinstorm

Expert Class
Old Drag Racer
posted June 24, 2012 06:31 PM        
One of these days I've got to ride one. My 14 still impresses the heck out of me and it's an old school version.
2001 GSXR 1000
Looking for a 1985 GS1150E

Ignore this member   
Bad in Black

Expert Class
posted June 24, 2012 06:43 PM        
quote:

Not enough hype, imo!!!!

Shane
I agree Shane, but unfortunately everbodies already used to extreme performance from modern sportbikes.......unlike back in 99 when the average performance now was considered unreachable then.
Kinda like how going to the moon was a mind blower, but now that plans are being made to go to mars its kinda like, cool, another planet a little farther away
The first big thing is always the most memorable....unfortunately suzuki beat kawi to the punch on that one

Ignore this member   
smokinstorm

Expert Class
Old Drag Racer
posted June 24, 2012 06:46 PM        Edited By: smokinstorm on 25 Jun 2012 01:50
I guess the ZX11 wasn't the game changer I thought it was when I bought a new one in 93.
2001 GSXR 1000

Ignore this member   
joseph702

Zone Head
posted June 24, 2012 06:52 PM        
even the zx10 89 was on top. busa guys are blind to the fact that kawi has been on top 90% of the time.
  Ignore this member   
BLK ICE

Pro
we'll leave the light on for u
posted June 24, 2012 07:19 PM        Edited By: BLK ICE on 25 Jun 2012 02:24
quote:

Not enough hype, imo!!!!

Shane

It hasn't won anything.

1st gen zx14s, busas, and 1000s are runs over them(in stock form as most 14rs have not been moded) on the street. I have seen it with my own eyes.

Very few owners race them @ the track with good results.

The 14r is going the have to earn its respect, noone is just going to give it to it.
Repersenting: BLACK ICE PERFORMANCE and NO QUARTER MOTORSPORTS
Nitrous and Tires Sponsored by: Custom Specialties Cycles
Dyno Tuned by: Garron of ADAMS PERFORMANCE. http://www.adamsperformance.net/
BlackIce Performance: Honor, Freedom, Love of Country!
(I am open to Sponsorship and Product Testing and Review. Contact BlackIce Performance at blackice_performance@yahoo.com) or BlackIce Perf on Facebook

Ignore this member   
hagrid

Expert Class
posted June 24, 2012 07:24 PM        
I think we have a critic.

Ignore this member   
Bad in Black

Expert Class
posted June 24, 2012 07:26 PM        
I've ridden kawi's all my life......owned all the 2 stroke streetbikes up to the 750 triple "widowmaker", owned a Ninja 1000R ( fastest most powerful production bike made in 86), rode my friends 89 zx10 a ton, owned a zx11, bought a busa then my 06 14. All those bikes stepped the game up in their own way....but the busa made the biggest impact on the general riding public, and I think thats why its looked at as such a legend. My 14 boosted is my fav bike which I'll never get rid of. I won't get rid of my busa either because it was a gift from my wife.

Personally I've enjoyed every bike I've ever owned, regardless of what the general consensus was on it
I ride my bikes for me, not what magazines and other riders think of them

Ignore this member   
BLK ICE

Pro
posted June 24, 2012 07:26 PM        
quote:
I think we have a critic.
"you can't handle the true"

(I am open to Sponsorship and Product Testing and Review. Contact BlackIce Performance at blackice_performance@yahoo.com) or BlackIce Perf on Facebook

Ignore this member   
KoflaOlivieri

Expert Class
posted June 24, 2012 07:32 PM        Edited By: KoflaOlivieri on 25 Jun 2012 02:35
quote:
even the zx10 89 was on top. busa guys are blind to the fact that kawi has been on top 90% of the time.

I think many people don't realize (or don't know the history) Kawasaki has been a dominating force in drag racing since the first 500 triple 2-stroke was produced. Some of those (750/900/1100) engines are still dominating the dragstrip. That says a lot about the craftmanship of those engines.

In my opinion, they revolutionized the sport, they were the first true superbikes. I think after the first Ninja Gpz 900 in 1984, Kawasaki fell asleep at the wheel, momentarily, hopefully they learned their lesson and will keep the 14R as king for a long time.
1977 Kawasaki KZ 1000
1975 Kawasaki Z1 900
1974 Kawasaki H2 750
1972 Kawasaki H2 750

Ignore this member    Click here to visit KoflaOlivieri's homepage. 
kawasakijockey

Pro
posted June 24, 2012 07:32 PM        
quote:
I guess the ZX11 wasn't the game changer I thought it was when I bought a new one in 93.
Yes it was, oh yeah, it DID!
9.03 @ 149mph
8.95 @153 small shot n2o
8.68 @160mph 5lbs boost

Ignore this member   
BLK ICE

Pro
posted June 24, 2012 07:36 PM        
The zx14r can be a great bike production bike,in fact the greatest ,but it is going to take work. If you think you are just going the ride off the showroom floor and be the king of the street, you are foolling yourself.

Ignore this member   
KoflaOlivieri

Expert Class
posted June 24, 2012 08:04 PM        Edited By: KoflaOlivieri on 25 Jun 2012 04:25
quote:
Very few owners race them @ the track with good results.

The 14r is going the have to earn its respect, noone is just going to give it to it.

Lol, so true. I also think, from what I've read in some of these forums, that some people buy the hype. They purchase these bikes thinking just because Rickey Gadson sets some of the fastest times they can get one and do the same at their local strip, lol

Same thing happened when Tony Nicosia and Pee Wee Gleason were paid (hired guns) by Kawasaki to produce the fastest ET's at the dragstrip. Fast times at the track means more sales at the dealership.

In the early 70's when I bought my first 1972 750 triple, it took me several months to be able to feel confident racing my bike at the 1/8 mile in my hometown. And a few more months to be able to race and beat other people. It was a humbling experience to own the fastest production bike in the market, with a nice set of (Bill Wirges) expansion chambers, and be beaten by more experienced riders racing stock 650 Yamahas and Triumphs. lol

Bottom line, in my opinion, the ZX-14R is a beast, but a more experienced rider, makes a HUGE difference.

1977 Kawasaki KZ 1000
1975 Kawasaki Z1 900
1974 Kawasaki H2 750
1972 Kawasaki H2 750

Ignore this member    Click here to visit KoflaOlivieri's homepage. 
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted June 24, 2012 08:12 PM        Edited By: smokinZX14 on 25 Jun 2012 03:39
I can tell you from reading on the busa sites they get it .. They know the ZX14R covers there gen 2 busa stock or modded with bolt on parts ..
When you have people like Shane and his wife busting 200 in the standing mile on their very first try that makes a statement .. You got Brocks slugger ZX14R stock wheel base with a non pro weighting in at 161 pounds running mid 8.80s that makes a statement .. When JT buys one that alone makes a statement and lets not forget his 8.80 pass with only a few mods foot shifting .. Wee has made a big statement running his ZX14R into the 8.80s in the heat and weighing over 200 pounds .. My bike with nothing but some wheel base and a pipe on pump gas no less ran 8.50s . With a few more simple mods the bike has busted into the 8.40s in the heat .. Just because other riders can't do it doesn't take away the fact that the bike will do it over and over with the same mods ...People that read about the crazy numbers the bike runs they love it, but most of them are smart and know they don't have the low body weight and skills to pull it off , BUT they know the bike makes the HP to do it and has done it .. From what Wee has done at over 200+ pound rider weight they know what the bike will and can do if you have the skills ..
The bike is a hit and is selling very well in a time when nobody has any money .. Brocks is elbows and ass holes deep keeping up with sales for the new ZX14R ..We have just started with this bike and look what it has already done ..Once we all know all the little tricks to this bike and can use the power the ETs and MPH numbers will keep dropping .. Think about it , 8.47 in the heat , once i get mine to that level of fully tricked out and we get some good air this fall what do you think is going to happen .
The bike has already made history and in a very short time and there is more to come ..

Ignore this member   
justoyz2

Zone Head
Justoyz Racing
posted June 24, 2012 08:34 PM        
You all make some very good points, I tend to agree more with Lee, with the bolt on mods, this thing is a beast.

True Point, mine is 62 inches long, no air shifter, no gear change, full exhaust, BST and lowered; we couldn't even give a fellow racer with a built busa on spray the break. He wouldn't take it. I do understand Shine is a pro, but seriously..... BTW, the racer was less than 160 lbs on a bike he has been riding for a while now.

The respect is there..... All you have to do is learn your bike....

Ignore this member   
Bueller

Novice Class
posted June 24, 2012 11:06 PM        
I dont like um.. Now evertime i see or hear "2012 zx14r" I feel like Im going to be sitting through an hour of a boring graduation speech. Im just waiting to see the "Im a proud parrent of a 2012 zx14r" bumper stickers on minivans lmao. They have done some cool things with um, they are ugly, but cool. Good thing is they will make parts cheaper with more aftermarket and ones busted up by novice riders (sadly).
  Ignore this member   
eklipse636

Needs a life
ZX-14
posted June 25, 2012 02:25 AM        
quote:
I dont like um.. Now evertime i see or hear "2012 zx14r" I feel like Im going to be sitting through an hour of a boring graduation speech. Im just waiting to see the "Im a proud parrent of a 2012 zx14r" bumper stickers on minivans lmao. They have done some cool things with um, they are ugly, but cool. Good thing is they will make parts cheaper with more aftermarket and ones busted up by novice riders (sadly).

The bumper sticker is going to be on the trailer. Check them out at your local dragstrip.

Ignore this member   
FAST Z14

Expert Class
posted June 25, 2012 04:03 AM        
eklipse636 have you ridden the new 14r

Ignore this member   
bizzsteve

Novice Class
black ZX14R 2012
posted June 25, 2012 05:15 AM        
There is nothing more pathetic then to watch people try to build their bike's up by tearing yours down. The Busa , Beemer /RR /R1 / are all in the same price range make your choice and live with it, I've rode all of them and there isn't a loser in the bunch I'm happy with my choice and it is one of the best looking bike's on the planet so keep your green eyed monster off my bike and put em on the rode it's a lot more fun.
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit bizzsteve's homepage. 
pwshadow

Novice Class
posted June 25, 2012 06:01 AM        
There are people that trash on the new 14 out of jealousy. At the end of the day, unless you have lots of money, there will always be a faster bike coming out. The 14r is a faster, better bike. There is no way around it. It doesn't matter how many times you say it is ugly or that you don't like it. It is still faster and better. But at the end of the day I stay happy by looking at my bank account and realizing that I do have the best bike I can afford. I also think back to my old Honda superhawk. Suddenly my 08 14 seems pretty awesome and I no longer feel the need to trash on those who can afford better. And let's face it, the new 14 is not the first bike to kick the old 14's ass. BMW has been doing it for a few years.
  Ignore this member   
Bently

Needs a life
2012 14r In Blue and no Mods!
posted June 25, 2012 06:21 AM        
quote:

I think the lines of the new body work look much better then the old 14s any day.

Ignore this member   
smokinstorm

Expert Class
Old Drag Racer
posted June 25, 2012 08:24 AM        
quote:

I think the lines of the new body work look much better then the old 14s any day.

I like the front of the bike and headlight design better on the 14r. Not into the fins on the side......yet. This is all so subjective though. I mean, Busa owners swear all 14's are the ugliest bikes ever produced and vice versa.
2001 GSXR 1000

Ignore this member   
Viper

Expert Class
posted June 25, 2012 08:48 AM        
quote:

Come on now u don't like my bike, May have to let u take her down the track one time and u tell me what u think about her

Ignore this member   
Viper

Expert Class
posted June 25, 2012 08:56 AM        
I know my rider was my biggest critic when I bought mine, He owns 3 Gen 1 14s and he rides all of them and mine. He's finally bought into that the bike runs its ass off. Plus he's still riding it too. LOL

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 6 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: -14R Observation....- NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.749401092529 seconds processing time