HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: New (to us) 14 is en route from Texas. NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
smokinstorm

Expert Class
Old Drag Racer
posted June 19, 2012 07:48 PM        
New (to us) 14 is en route from Texas.

The new 14 I purchased from a member here is on the way to its new home in North Carolina now. Here again I need to thank my partners in crime for their help in making this happen. Sam called and took care of all the shipping arrangements and is having it delivered to his house. He's then going to take it to Dave and they're going to go through everything to make sure it's a go before hitting the track with it. I cannot do this myself with my job and home situation so having a couple of partners in this venture is what makes it possible. I want to send out a sincere " Thank You" to both Sam and Dave for their help in making what should be a decent little race team now. This is an equal partnership and You guys deserve all the credit I can give you for everything. Honestly, I'm just the cheerleader. Dave will post up pics I'm sure as soon as he gets the bike to his shop. Got that "Kid at Christmas" syndrome right now.
2001 GSXR 1000
Looking for a 1985 GS1150E

Ignore this member   
hagrid

Expert Class
posted June 19, 2012 07:58 PM        
Congrats bud! I'll be sure to steer you back to this thread in three years when you start a thread titled "why the hell did we get another scooter to pour $$$ into?".

Ignore this member   
smokinstorm

Expert Class
Old Drag Racer
posted June 19, 2012 07:59 PM        
quote:
Congrats bud! I'll be sure to steer you back to this thread in three years when you start a thread titled "why the hell did we get another scooter to pour $$$ into?".

I can't say you're off base with that comment. But I'm old and need to make memories now hence the sincere effort to go broke trying.
2001 GSXR 1000

Ignore this member   
Bently

Needs a life
2012 14r In Blue and no Mods!
posted June 19, 2012 08:34 PM        
Congrats!
  Ignore this member   
KoflaOlivieri

Expert Class
posted June 19, 2012 08:35 PM        Edited By: KoflaOlivieri on 20 Jun 2012 03:37
quote:
I'm old and need to make memories now hence the sincere effort to go broke trying.

At my age (56) I completely understand and agree with your sentiment. Have fun with your new toy and enjoy the memories!
1977 Kawasaki KZ 1000
1975 Kawasaki Z1 900
1974 Kawasaki H2 750
1972 Kawasaki H2 750

Ignore this member    Click here to visit KoflaOlivieri's homepage. 
BLK ICE

Pro
we'll leave the light on for u
posted June 19, 2012 09:29 PM        
Congrats, sound like you are going to have something for nearly everyone that wants to race you.
Repersenting: BLACK ICE PERFORMANCE and NO QUARTER MOTORSPORTS
Nitrous and Tires Sponsored by: Custom Specialties Cycles
Dyno Tuned by: Garron of ADAMS PERFORMANCE. http://www.adamsperformance.net/
BlackIce Performance: Honor, Freedom, Love of Country!
(I am open to Sponsorship and Product Testing and Review. Contact BlackIce Performance at blackice_performance@yahoo.com) or BlackIce Perf on Facebook

Ignore this member   
Lucky14

Pro
posted June 20, 2012 04:54 AM        

Sounds like 1 bad motorcycle!

Have fun!

Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted June 20, 2012 05:19 AM        
quote:

Have fun!

Pun intended?

wee

Ignore this member   
Bueller

Novice Class
posted June 20, 2012 06:38 AM        
i feel like i need a nap just thinking bout keeping all these running lmao
  Ignore this member   
Lucky14

Pro
posted June 20, 2012 08:33 AM        
quote:
quote:

Have fun!

Pun intended?

wee

Ignore this member   
smokinstorm

Expert Class
Old Drag Racer
posted June 20, 2012 05:50 PM        
quote:
Congrats, sound like you are going to have something for nearly everyone that wants to race you.

Not quite. We still don't have a really fast bike yet. All of these are ride everyday streetbikes. They're quick for what they are but they're still streetbikes. I'll get a race bike one day if Sam and Dave feel the need but it's going to be a while.
2001 GSXR 1000

Ignore this member   
zixxer14

Pro
Damn that was Quick
posted June 20, 2012 06:07 PM        
quote:
quote:
I'm old and need to make memories now hence the sincere effort to go broke trying.

At my age (56) I completely understand and agree with your sentiment. Have fun with your new toy and enjoy the memories!

Not to worry in a couple years every day will be new, alzheimers will do that.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit zixxer14's homepage. 
smokinstorm

Expert Class
Old Drag Racer
posted June 20, 2012 11:46 PM        
quote:
quote:
quote:

Not to worry in a couple years every day will be new, alzheimers will do that.

Hell, I'm almost there now if I don't write everytihng down. BTW, the new 14 is supposed to be here late this evening and I can remember this because I wrote it down somwhere. I just can't remember where I put the note. :/
2001 GSXR 1000

Ignore this member   
smokinstorm

Expert Class
Old Drag Racer
posted June 21, 2012 08:14 PM        
Well, long story short. It's here. It looks even better in person than the pics showed and it's crazy clean for a race bike. Err...I mean stock street bike. I know Robert that sold it to me is on here some so I want to personally thank him for selling me such a clean example of the breed. Dave and Sam are going racing this weekend to get acquainted with the bike but I'm not sure how much seat time they're going to get. The bike is tuned for e85 and I don't have that fuel available anywhere around here. The nearest is up in VA about an hour and a half from me (an hour from where Sam lives) and we need to put our hands on some quickly if they're planning on running many passes on it this weekend. I'll let them chime in on their first impression but I feel like they're just as impressed initially as I am. Another test will be to see what it runs but it just tries to tear the rear slick off the rim in any gear on the street. Track obviously is different so we'll just reserve final judgement until they play with it at the track and get used to it. This bike has a completely stock motor, even stocker than the 14 we already have so I guess I shouldn't expect too much. A hairdryer makes a nice addition to a stock bike though. Hopefully Dave will get some pics of the new 14 along with pics of all three together. Maybe this bike will finally add a "fast" bike to the mix. I'm hoping.
2001 GSXR 1000

Ignore this member   
Bueller

Novice Class
posted June 21, 2012 10:53 PM        
all i can say is, "2 thumbs up!" If you like 14s like I do, you need to get on one with a turbo!
  Ignore this member   
01smokes

Needs a job
posted June 22, 2012 12:48 AM        
quote:
Well, long story short. It's here. It looks even better in person than the pics showed and it's crazy clean for a race bike. Err...I mean stock street bike. I know Robert that sold it to me is on here some so I want to personally thank him for selling me such a clean example of the breed. Dave and Sam are going racing this weekend to get acquainted with the bike but I'm not sure how much seat time they're going to get. The bike is tuned for e85 and I don't have that fuel available anywhere around here. The nearest is up in VA about an hour and a half from me (an hour from where Sam lives) and we need to put our hands on some quickly if they're planning on running many passes on it this weekend. I'll let them chime in on their first impression but I feel like they're just as impressed initially as I am. Another test will be to see what it runs but it just tries to tear the rear slick off the rim in any gear on the street. Track obviously is different so we'll just reserve final judgement until they play with it at the track and get used to it. This bike has a completely stock motor, even stocker than the 14 we already have so I guess I shouldn't expect too much. A hairdryer makes a nice addition to a stock bike though. Hopefully Dave will get some pics of the new 14 along with pics of all three together. Maybe this bike will finally add a "fast" bike to the mix. I'm hoping.

Don't be fooled by stock motors. I've had them make some crazy power. And this one makes a ton of power. If any of you guys know bad buy you know he is NOT a little guy at all. This bike would flat out scoot with his giant ass on it lol.

Email, artvgl@yahoo.com

Ignore this member   
smokinstorm

Expert Class
Old Drag Racer
posted June 22, 2012 09:22 PM        Edited By: smokinstorm on 23 Jun 2012 04:22
Well it's loaded up and heading to Colonial Beach, VA first thing in the morning. Not sure what it'll run as tomorrow is a get acquainted with the bike day. Still, I'll bet it'll run a 5 on the first couple of passes. This bike is strong.
2001 GSXR 1000

Ignore this member   
Bently

Needs a life
2012 14r In Blue and no Mods!
posted June 23, 2012 05:52 AM        
Good luck!
  Ignore this member   
smokinstorm

Expert Class
Old Drag Racer
posted June 23, 2012 06:01 PM        Edited By: smokinstorm on 24 Jun 2012 01:18
Struggling today. The bolt that holds the right clip on broke. Kinda weird, huh? Dave took the clip on(s) from the Monster 14 and installed it/them on the new bike and they're trying to get some passes on it as I type this. Gotta get used to it first. They probably won't even try for a decent time today. Local track is open tomorrow. Maybe then.

Just got an update. We have stock clutches and stock springs. Combine that with a stupid power turbo motor. Not a combo that works. Bike blew through the clutches and detroyed them. Time to regroup. They're pulling everything back off the turbo bike and putting it on the Monster 14 again. Maybe get a couple of runs in with that bike. We did get a positive comment from a seasoned racer though. He said the bike was making cool noises unlike anything he's heard from a bike before. Kinda makes me feel good from just that comment considering how everything else is going today.
2001 GSXR 1000

Ignore this member   
01smokes

Needs a job
posted June 23, 2012 06:40 PM        
quote:
Struggling today. The bolt that holds the right clip on broke. Kinda weird, huh? Dave took the clip on(s) from the Monster 14 and installed it/them on the new bike and they're trying to get some passes on it as I type this. Gotta get used to it first. They probably won't even try for a decent time today. Local track is open tomorrow. Maybe then.

Just got an update. We have stock clutches and stock springs. Combine that with a stupid power turbo motor. Not a combo that works. Bike blew through the clutches and detroyed them. Time to regroup. They're pulling everything back off the turbo bike and putting it on the Monster 14 again. Maybe get a couple of runs in with that bike. We did get a positive comment from a seasoned racer though. He said the bike was making cool noises unlike anything he's heard from a bike before. Kinda makes me feel good from just that comment considering how everything else is going today.

How much power is it making?? How much boost? I've ran 12psi on stock clutch with medium springs in it. Never got any slip and that was at 330hp

Email, artvgl@yahoo.com

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted June 23, 2012 06:48 PM        
quote:

We have stock clutches and stock springs. Combine that with a stupid power turbo motor. Not a combo that works. Bike blew through the clutches and detroyed them.

i told you ..theres a reason i used a 1700.00 clutch

Ignore this member   
smokinstorm

Expert Class
Old Drag Racer
posted June 23, 2012 07:04 PM        
quote:
quote:

We have stock clutches and stock springs. Combine that with a stupid power turbo motor. Not a combo that works. Bike blew through the clutches and detroyed them.

i told you ..theres a reason i used a 1700.00 clutch

I know, I know. You're right. That's why I've already bargained to buy the clutch from the previous owner. Might just have to bite the bullet and go ahead and get it now vs later.
2001 GSXR 1000

Ignore this member   
smokinstorm

Expert Class
Old Drag Racer
posted June 23, 2012 07:06 PM        Edited By: smokinstorm on 24 Jun 2012 02:11
quote:
quote:

How much power is it making?? How much boost? I've ran 12psi on stock clutch with medium springs in it. Never got any slip and that was at 330hp

Which springs? I don't think we're making 330 at the tire. It's running e85 though so it's got a lot of power for the boost it's running. I read my orginal contact email and it's 290+ and that's the only number I got from the previous owner.
2001 GSXR 1000

Ignore this member   
codyc_13

Expert Class
posted June 24, 2012 08:55 PM        
Pics??

8.97 at 149mph

Ignore this member   
smokinstorm

Expert Class
Old Drag Racer
posted June 24, 2012 09:07 PM        
quote:
Pics??

Working on. Dave is the computer guru and he'll be taking pics tomorrow and hopefully posting them up here for all to see. You will not believe the quality of this bike considering it's an 06 and a racebike. But then Robert is beyond meticulous in his bike preparation so I shouldn't really have expected anything less.
2001 GSXR 1000

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: New (to us) 14 is en route from Texas. NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.747936964035 seconds processing time