HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Brocks Map Support...Kind of? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
BIG BLUE_ZX14

Expert Class
posted June 01, 2012 07:31 PM        
Brocks Map Support...Kind of?

I have a Gen 3 originally purchased for my 2007 ZX14. I kept it when I traded the 2007 in and put it on my 2012. So I requested a new map from Brock's map support the other day and this is their response...

"The 2007 system differs from the 2012. The new maps were not developed with the old exhaust system and we really do not know how well or even if they will work with your old system on a new ZX14."

And that was it. I am then left with the following thoughts. So if today I ordered a Gen 3 system for my 2012 would it be different then the one I currently own? Brock does have them listed for sale (but showing none available). I understand the headers of the other systems have been "improved" for the new 2012's, is that the case or will be the case for the Gen 3's? I was a little puzzed that I was not offered some options or advice on what to do next e.g., run your old map or something.

I guess I have two options: One, get a local custom tune for $300. Which will only include the dyno data and not data logging road data that the Brocks maps have. Or two sell my Gen 3 for what I can get for it and purchase another exhaust from Brock or another manufacturer. In either case I'm out a significant sum of money. I guess I have a thrid option...run the original map and check it with a data logger something I was considering purchasing anyway, but I'm a novice at best with that type of thing.

So I don't know. I feel like I'm kinda screwed...Any thoughts?

Ignore this member   
Bueller

Novice Class
posted June 01, 2012 08:28 PM        
"personally" I would measure the tubes at the head and if they are same or close, get it mapped. if they are way off, then look at something new. *what i would do, and opinions differ as you will see*
  Ignore this member   
zx12mark

Pro
posted June 01, 2012 11:02 PM        
tell brock to send you the map and you`ll sign off on the liability.he says lifetime support.wtf
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit zx12mark's homepage. 
Newf14

Zone Head
2007 ZX1400
posted June 02, 2012 03:08 AM        
The 2012 ZX14r header is slightly bigger thats why it has no map support for the older pipe on the bike, new bike new pipe. In saying that cant see why it would hurt some guys here put the old pipe on the new 14 before the new pipes were released. Perhaps they will chime in.

Newf14

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Newf14's homepage. 
bizzsteve

Novice Class
black ZX14R 2012
posted June 02, 2012 05:43 AM        
My Yoshimura R-77 is the same on the 2012 as it was on the 2011 no change I did run in to a problem with the PC V there are no maps ready I took it to my local dealer custom map problem solved. I know everyone on this site swears by Brock but I agree it just sounds fishy.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit bizzsteve's homepage. 
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted June 02, 2012 05:58 AM        
So Brock doesnt have a map for that pipe on a 14r, Time to upgrade.

wee

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted June 02, 2012 06:25 AM        
i just want to know what what happen to the map you had with the pipe..

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Brocks Map Support...Kind of? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2014 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.20632004737854 seconds processing time