HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Michelin Power Pure NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Joe Cool

Novice Class
posted May 29, 2012 02:39 PM        
Michelin Power Pure

These tires are amazing, you can go all the way to edge and be confident they will stick!!!

Ignore this member   
Rook

Pro
posted May 30, 2012 07:26 AM        
Wow, nice! Have the POwer 1s on mine now. Yes very sticky. Not even close to the edge though. Don't know, maybe it is too early in the season. Seem to be cornering as hard as I ever did.
  Ignore this member   
Joe Cool

Novice Class
posted May 30, 2012 03:36 PM        
Thanks Rook....the mild winter in Tx. this year meant very little if any sand was used, so I haven't had to worry about that much. I have a few long sweeping turns on the way home from work that I'm pretty comfortable with that have room to recover from mistakes & that's where I did this. A good ride home= good evening!!
  Ignore this member   
joseph702

Zone Head
posted May 30, 2012 05:56 PM        
i like them much much better then the conti motion i tryed.
  Ignore this member   
eklipse636

Needs a life
ZX-14
posted May 30, 2012 06:45 PM        
Power one is awesome!

Ignore this member   
Seno

Pro
BANNED FOR LIFE!
posted May 30, 2012 07:50 PM        
Damn... Looked at a few tires, have not pulled the trigger yet. The stock tires seem to have good traction but it gets a bit loose WOT.... 200HP will do that to most tires I guess.

Ignore this member   
TNID200

Parking Attendant
posted May 30, 2012 09:06 PM        Edited By: TNID200 on 31 May 2012 04:31
quote:
Damn... Looked at a few tires, have not pulled the trigger yet. The stock tires seem to have good traction but it gets a bit loose WOT.... 200HP will do that to most tires I guess.

I have not been terribly impressed by the handling characteristics of the stock Metzelers. They certainly aren't bad, but not quite what I'm used to.

Michelin Power Pures are very nice handling tires. They aren't quite as forgiving at their limits as some other tires, but they feel great as long as you keep it within their traction limits. I ran through a set on my Busa in 1500 miles, but I was more interested in staying shiny side up than long tread life. I'm glad you're liking them though. They are fine tires.

The tire I would recommend right now is the Dunlop Q2. I have been very impressed by them. They don't offer any more mileage than the Power Pure, but they are at least as sticky and more forgiving at the limits of their traction. They tend to give you a little more warning than Michelins before they let go.

Ignore this member   
mma-tv

Expert Class
posted May 31, 2012 07:10 AM        
I like the stock tires, but they'll be too flat in the middle after I get home from Denver next week to pass tech for a track day. Probably going with the power pure after seeing friends get 8000 miles out of them with lots of abuse.
  Ignore this member   
Joe Cool

Novice Class
posted May 31, 2012 05:31 PM        
Damn TNID very nice!!! I heard that about Michelins from a co-worker who is trying out a set of Pirelli's right now. I wish I lived in an area that had more hills & curves so I could really try these tires out. I may give the Dunlops a shot next round.

Ignore this member   
Rob7R

Expert Class
More balls than brains.
posted May 31, 2012 06:17 PM        
I had the Q2s last time. They were nice and sticky, but I only got about 2500 miles out of them. I'm running the Pirelli Angels right now they seem to be getting better tread life, and they are not too shabby in the corners either. Maybe I'll try those power pures next.
Current bike- 07 ZX14 black with D&D cans, PC3, 43t rear sprocket, 6 inch extensions, roaring toys lowering links. Muzzy Bonneville Pro, TRE Velocity stacks, Puig DB windscreen, Sargent seat, Heli-risers, and throttlemeisters.

Ignore this member   
Rideharder

Zone Head
posted May 31, 2012 07:55 PM        Edited By: Rideharder on 1 Jun 2012 02:56
Just picked a set up..

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Rideharder's homepage. 
Rideharder

Zone Head
posted May 31, 2012 08:00 PM        Edited By: Rideharder on 1 Jun 2012 03:02

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Rideharder's homepage. 
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Michelin Power Pure NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.768836021423 seconds processing time