HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Brock's Exhaust does work even in Africa NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
FAST Z14

Expert Class
posted May 28, 2012 12:10 AM        
Brock's Exhaust does work even in Africa

Finally got to see for myself why the Americans are raving about Brocks parts. I was gonna buy the Muzzy M14 then decided on the Brocks Alian Head 2 for my new ZX14R SE. Got my pipe delivered on wednesday last week had in fitted on thursday with no map or pc. On friday I was off to one of our local rally's, wow what a difference in the power.Stuck the bike on the happy dyno they had there and it made 227hp, strongest for the weekend normal aspirated, a ZZR 14R with P/c full Arata with shifter made 224hp and a 14R SE full Akropovic with P/c with auto tune made 221hp. Thanks Brock for your excellent delivery service even to South Africa.

Ignore this member   
Bently

Needs a life
2012 14r In Blue and no Mods!
posted May 28, 2012 06:39 AM        
How was your a/f ratio with no tuning?
  Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted May 28, 2012 03:05 PM        Edited By: smokinZX14 on 28 May 2012 23:11
quote:
How was your a/f ratio with no tuning?
I don't know what his was but mine was close to 14.1 in the lower to mid range , 13.5 to 13.6 on the top end .. This bike likes to be in the range of 13.5 13.6 unlike the old gen 1s that liked 13.1 .. In the over rev it goes crazy rich .. It's not a problem if you shift at reline .. But if you reflash and shift at 11.200 ( real number ) like i do with the reflash it needs to be remapped .. Brock street map and track map takes care of that problem .. Brocks P/C that he sells for the ZX14R has extra RPMs at the top for mapping where the P/C from dyno jet doesn't ..

Ignore this member   
FAST Z14

Expert Class
posted May 28, 2012 10:25 PM        
Bently I have no idea what the a/f ratio was with no tuning, maybe the dyno chart will tell me

Ignore this member   
riaansh

Expert Class
posted May 30, 2012 06:21 AM        Edited By: riaansh on 30 May 2012 14:26
quote:
Finally got to see for myself why the Americans are raving about Brocks parts. I was gonna buy the Muzzy M14 then decided on the Brocks Alian Head 2 for my new ZX14R SE. Got my pipe delivered on wednesday last week had in fitted on thursday with no map or pc. On friday I was off to one of our local rally's, wow what a difference in the power.Stuck the bike on the happy dyno they had there and it made 227hp, strongest for the weekend normal aspirated, a ZZR 14R with P/c full Arata with shifter made 224hp and a 14R SE full Akropovic with P/c with auto tune made 221hp. Thanks Brock for your excellent delivery service even to South Africa.

FAST 14 I'm also from RSA. Also have the Brock goodies but still need to flash my ecu. On a previous tread you mentioned that you or your brother had the Brock/Guhl flash done. Can you give me directions on how you went about sending your ecu to Guhl, what company [for shipping] did you use, because I have worries about sending my ecu over. [Don't want my ecu to be damaged] Sorry for the off tread question but I tried to pm you but it did not work.
Riaan.
OK tried the pm again and it worked now, so have a look please.

Ignore this member   
GERRIE01

Novice Class
posted May 30, 2012 11:07 AM        
Hi riaan you can give me a call tommorow and i will explain to you how we got our ecu"s done !! We are up in johannesburg not shure where you are from ? Call me on 0844998026

Ignore this member   
Master

Expert Class
If it ain't fast it aint me
posted May 31, 2012 12:01 PM        
Wow that 227 hp number is not very impressive.
Capenter makes 1397 genI busa's with more hp than that.
Its kinda funny how a 1441 doesnt make a much hp as a busa 1397.
http://www.carpenterracing.com/sbp_busa99-07.htm

Shoot if you look at all the good tuner sites you'll see that a 1397 out hp the 14rs.
Well I guess kawasaki will get it right next time. Nice numbers though you should be happy.

Ignore this member   
GixxerJohn

Zone Head
2012 zx14R SE
posted May 31, 2012 12:11 PM        
quote:

Shoot if you look at all the good tuner sites you'll see that a 1397 out hp the 14rs.
Well I guess kawasaki will get it right next time. Nice numbers though you should be happy.
Im guessing u have a busa? And the difference is we have a warranty with ours so it needs to be reliable too. I live 35 min. Away from carpenters and talked to him last week about mine. I told him i wanted more power but very reliable still, he said he would just port my head and it would give me 10-12hp more thru out the range, but it costs 2200.

Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted May 31, 2012 12:11 PM        
quote:

WOW .. You are not buying one anyway , so why do you get a flying shit .. Move on little troll ...

Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted May 31, 2012 12:34 PM        
quote:

Mustard, Thanks for sharing those numbers, but if I buy a 2012 Booza and have Carpenter do that work, how much money will I have in it? New Booza $13.999 + Carpenters motor $?

wee

Ignore this member   
shiphteey

Needs a job
posted May 31, 2012 12:49 PM        

----If that thing came off our dyno it would be king kong on the streets.

----Depends on who's dyno, which day, etc. I'm looking at a 1397 Gen 1 Busa on pump gas that makes LESS than the new 14R here with a pipe. DIdn't matter if the Busa had a Muzzy or the Brocks pipe. It just didn't make enough.

----Again, depends WHAT exactly was done. You think just dropping in a 3 mil in a busa is all you need to do? Pssshhh.....bring it out to our area we can go play ANY TIME bro with a 12 year old scratch and dent pump gas stock motor 12R. And don't show up with that -1/+2 shit. We're swimming in the deep end.

----Tuners RARELY post LOW numbers...because they know gullible people will believe ANYTHING they see/hear/read with regards to HP numbers and not factor anything else in.

A.

Topping out everything from Ninja 250s to nitrous ZX-14s.

Ignore this member   
GixxerJohn

Zone Head
2012 zx14R SE
posted May 31, 2012 01:26 PM        
Hey shipteey you seem VERY confindent about racing all our newer bikes with your older outdated 12 what gives. What tricks do you have up your sleeve. You say no engine work just a straight up bike. How do you figure to compete with the bigger more powerful bikes???????

Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted May 31, 2012 04:22 PM        
Shipteey's land speed records speak for them selfs ... He doesn't have to answer to you or anyone ..

Ignore this member   
GixxerJohn

Zone Head
2012 zx14R SE
posted May 31, 2012 04:26 PM        
quote:
Shipteey's land speed records speak for them selfs ... He doesn't have to answer to you or anyone ..
How does he do it,unless he has serious work. Which he says he doesn't??? Just wondering that's all.

Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted May 31, 2012 04:56 PM        
quote:
quote:
How does he do it,unless he has serious work. Which he says he doesn't??? Just wondering that's all.
Skills, rider weight, and setup,

wee

Ignore this member   
shiphteey

Needs a job
posted May 31, 2012 06:14 PM        
quote:
Hey shipteey you seem VERY confindent about racing all our newer bikes with your older outdated 12 what gives. What tricks do you have up your sleeve. You say no engine work just a straight up bike. How do you figure to compete with the bigger more powerful bikes???????

Hey John, before I continue, tell me exactly what you know about the 12R? Go ahead and list the bike's strong points and weak points before we continue please, I want to hear it from your mouth so I know when we discuss this any further exactly where you are coming from.

Do you really think displacement always = victory? You are joking. Displacement is very important....just like setup is. Don't just overlook the word "setup" and think you know everything about setting up your particular 14 to go as fast as possible with YOU on it, because I didn't hear about you running at TX Mile or Ohio last month...nor have I seen any vids of you going over 200 mph on yours with proof. Setup is EVERYTHING. Its aeros, its your tuck, its gearing, its a/f ratio, its shift points, its experience, its every single thing. I am quite confident most 14R riders are quicker/faster than anything they run up on on the streets. I know what the bike is capable of first hand....don't believe me you'll hear about it this weekend as I pilot one at the Ohio Mile. Will you be there to see how fast yours goes?

You know a motorcycle doesn't ride itself, right? Simply owning a 14R doesn't make you the fastest guy around....and with the newest "most power production motorcycle" out now being the 14R every 14R owner kinda knows they have a target on their back. So asking how one can "beat" a newer more powerful bike shows that you are still thinking in the same mainstream magazine churning ideology. Do you think rider experience has anything to do with it? How about a rider's testicular fortitude....meaning the willingness to push even when it means its your life on the line, your freedom on the line, when people still sit on the sidelines and talk shit because you do it on the streets.....BUT YOU STILL KEEP FUCKING DOING IT. If you believe yourself to be one of those types....the type that is looking for that last little 1/10 mph at all costs then I request you furnish proof of said intentions by showing me in some demonstratable way how fast you've gone on X bike. Doesn't have to be a new 14R. It can be on an old ZX-9R, or a 2007 GSXR 600 or a 2004 Ninja 250. The bike is just part of the equation and having lots of torque and electronic bandaids can help make an average rider appear to be above average, you agree?

You can't just compare what you ran on the fucking dyno to another number and think you have it all in the bag....you do know that, right? Remember the old 98 ZX-9R that does 120-whatever HP and how it looked in the roll-ons against the 98 R1.....it got walked ... steadily but decisively. HEY HOW COME THE LIGHTER AND MORE POWERFUL 98 R1 IS CLOCKING THE SAME SPEED AS THE OLD UGLY PIG MONOBLOCKY HEADLIGHT THAT MAKES ME WANT TO PUKE LARDY ZX9R?

This is kinda the long version of what Wheelie and Smokin were kinda saying.

I would like to formally invite you though to come out sometime to the Ohio Mile (I'm driving 500 miles each way leaving home in about 3 hours with ZERO sleep and $40 in the bank). Hopefully you will come out sometime. If you'd prefer the streets I would be happy to laneshare with you at speeds approacing or possibly surpassing 200 mph. I will say that a favorite spot of mine will test your nerve because shortly after the finish you are over a blind crest where the yellow line is dotted....and you just may end up going splat into an oncoming car trying to overtake billy bob on his F150 rustbucket.

Feeling lucky?

A.

Topping out everything from Ninja 250s to nitrous ZX-14s.

Ignore this member   
darrylez1

Novice Class
posted May 31, 2012 08:51 PM        
Toronto is about the the same distance,I'd like to go just for the,look see and learn

Ignore this member   
Master

Expert Class
If it ain't fast it aint me
posted June 01, 2012 11:53 AM        
quote:

----Depends on who's dyno, which day, etc. I'm looking at a 1397 Gen 1 Busa on pump gas that makes LESS than the new 14R here with a pipe. DIdn't matter if the Busa had a Muzzy or the Brocks pipe. It just didn't make enough.

----Again, depends WHAT exactly was done. You think just dropping in a 3 mil in a busa is all you need to do? Pssshhh.....bring it out to our area we can go play ANY TIME bro with a 12 year old scratch and dent pump gas stock motor 12R. And don't show up with that -1/+2 shit. We're swimming in the deep end.

----Tuners RARELY post LOW numbers...because they know gullible people will believe ANYTHING they see/hear/read with regards to HP numbers and not factor anything else in.

A.

just saying 1441 should way outperform a 1397 and it should nothing else.
If you live close to carpenter then you know all you need to know.

Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted June 01, 2012 11:56 AM        Edited By: Wheelie on 1 Jun 2012 19:57
quote:
quote:

A.

just saying 1441 should way outperform a 1397 and it should nothing else.
If you live close to carpenter then you know all you need to know.
Mustard, 1832cc Goldwing should handle a 1441 right?

wee

Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted June 01, 2012 12:10 PM        Edited By: smokinZX14 on 1 Jun 2012 20:21
230-240 HP Hayabusa Packages

We just can't leave it alone! The porting and cams brought the Busa to new levels
of performance. Now what will a piston kit bring? We had to find out!

Two flavors are available: 1397cc for everyday riding and the 1430cc for track use
and the occasional blow-your-friends-away street jaunt.
When they ask if you are spraying look at them like they are crazy!

Both Packages include everything in the 210 package plus:

•New lightweight Pistons
•Precision boring and Nikasil finish by Millenium
•A second battery installed with wiring for easier startups

The 1397cc Package produces 230+ Horsepower
The 1430cc Package produces 240+ Horsepower
*1430 package not recommended for daily street use

Complete with Clutch Fix, Air Box Mod and Power Scoops installed

Price complete $4,600
Either Package
Turn-key: Drive-in, drive-out
....................................................................................................................................................................

Sorry i'd rather have a new ZX14R that runs 8.40s on pump gas and doesn't need two batterys to start it ... Not buying a upper tripple trees to lower the damn bike , clutch support cover to keep it for bending when you add heavy springs .. Oh lets not forget you need to under cut the trans to keep it from jumping out of 2 gear .. Replace the factory damper so it doesn't head shake you off the bike .. I could go on and on but it's a waste of my time ..

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Brock\'s Exhaust does work even in Africa NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2014 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.47179293632507 seconds processing time