HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Bikelands Free Go Fast Info NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted May 15, 2012 04:09 PM        
Bikelands Free Go Fast Info

I know some members here are not into drag racing but what wee, Smokin, Shane, Brock, who else am I leaving out are testing and proving to gain hp are free for the taking here on Bikeland for their new 14r, not just for the 14r but the 06-11 models as well, this site is loaded with anything you want to know to increase horsepower.

What other site has this much knowledge? If you are looking for something minor such as slip on info it's in here, turbo info it's in here, nos info it's in here.

Some guys don't want to share the how to make your 14 faster but some of us don't care, we post it public for y'all to see, it aint bragging it's passing it on for the next up and coming racer, old man like me, or commuter.

Hope what we post is what you are looking for, if anyone has any questions you don't want to post I will try and answer them on a pm, I'm sure Smokin and Shane will do the same, I know Brock is a busy man but you might be surprised how quick he will get back to you if you need help with his products or questions about his products. There is allot more to come for the 2012 ZX-14r, you wait and see, especially when Brock can figure out his BHRE, put me inline first for that one!!!

wee

Ignore this member   
edszx14

Expert Class
posted May 15, 2012 04:16 PM        
Hello Wee, I appreciate the advice from you and the rest of the folks on this forum. I am probably the slowest one here but I have the most fun. Keep in the info and advice flowing.

Ignore this member   
CraZX14

Expert Class
posted May 15, 2012 04:22 PM        
You guys are much appreciated. Wee - if BHRE gets ironed out, you plan on reinstalling the flys?

Ignore this member   
smokinstorm

Expert Class
Old Drag Racer
posted May 15, 2012 04:28 PM        
I try to add useful info when I can. I'm on several sites and post up all kinds of info on what I've done that works and what didn't for for me, not necessarily what doesn't work for everyone. I cannot help with the new 14r but there are several guys already sharing big info on that platform as Wee pointed out above. I think we're running decent to have an old school bike and I've laid out everything we've done for everyone to see over at (PM me to get what site it is). I've also gotten a ton of useful info from this site to get my 14 where it is today. Great technical info here for all to see.
2001 GSXR 1000
Looking for a 1985 GS1150E

Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted May 15, 2012 04:28 PM        
quote:
You guys are much appreciated. Wee - if BHRE gets ironed out, you plan on reinstalling the flys?
nope, I want the instant response from the throttle.

wee

Ignore this member   
epd345

Pro
posted May 15, 2012 04:33 PM        
I only street ride and I always appreciate the great info provided here. The guys you mentioned are a wealth of knowlegde. Keep up the good work and ride safe!

Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted May 15, 2012 04:37 PM        
quote:
I only street ride and I always appreciate the great info provided here. The guys you mentioned are a wealth of knowlegde. Keep up the good work and ride safe!
Just because you street ride, allot of info will help you get better gas mileage and performance

wee

Ignore this member   
ninja14rider

Parking Attendant
posted May 15, 2012 04:47 PM        
quote:

Same here, thanks again!

Ignore this member   
CraZX14

Expert Class
posted May 15, 2012 04:49 PM        
quote:
quote:

wee

That's a good point - but then wouldn't it be advantageous to just do one or the other? I'm thinking there may not be a point to doing both - unless I'm missing something ( happens all the time ) And sorry, not trying to jack the thread - just learn even more!!

Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted May 15, 2012 04:53 PM        
quote:
quote:
quote:

wee

That's a good point - but then wouldn't it be advantageous to just do one or the other? I'm thinking there may not be a point to doing both - unless I'm missing something ( happens all the time ) And sorry, not trying to jack the thread - just learn even more!!
The BHRE doesn't have anything to do with the secondaries, it's internal.

wee

Ignore this member   
BIG BLUE_ZX14

Expert Class
posted May 15, 2012 04:53 PM        
I generally only street ride/race and would like to try my hand at some land speed stuff in Ohio this summer. So much information here crosses over from drag to street to mile runs and back. I for one am very appreciative of the research you guys do and then share it with the rest of us! So in case I've never said it before...Thanks!!!

Ignore this member   
GixxerJohn

Zone Head
2012 zx14R SE
posted May 15, 2012 04:54 PM        
Hey even i can vouch for wheelie,he hates me but if i pm him a question he gets right back to me with the right answer. I to appreciate it wheelie,thank you!!

Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted May 15, 2012 04:54 PM        
quote:
I generally only street ride/race and would like to try my hand at some land speed stuff in Ohio this summer. So much information here crosses over from drag to street to mile runs and back. I for one am very appreciative of the research you guys do and then share it with the rest of us! So in case I've never said it before...Thanks!!!
ZX14.com may appear a drag race only site but dig thru the search, everything is here.

wee

Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted May 15, 2012 05:45 PM        Edited By: smokinZX14 on 16 May 2012 02:39
List of my mods in case you missed my track testing posts..

Brocks Alien Head 2 pipe .
Brocks street map.. 89 pump gas..
Flies out.
Air shifter. ( co2 )
65 and 1/2 wheel base ..
Shinko hook up ..
Guhl Reflash ( Brocks Flash )
Brocks window lowering links ..
Brocks clutch Mod ( full kit )
ZZZ 530 Oring chain ..
16/43 gears ..
Front end down one inch in the trees and strapped .
World wide ceramic wheel bearings front and rear .
Stock air filter ..
Removed Mirrors and tool kit , rear pegs removed ..

These bolt on parts on pump gas in the FL heat with a cross wind ran a 8.49.9@ 162.60 ..DA close to 2000 feet ..

More testing to come and more tick parts to test , BUT the air here get worse every day that goes by .. If i had tested today the air would have been as follows..

Density Altitude: 2178 feet
Relative Density: 94.34 %

It is only going to get worse in days to come making testing new goodies harder to prove their worth to other racers .. Right now the mods are adding power but the air is taking away any gains ... I wish all this testing could have been gone in the same air but that was not possible .. We may not see what all this mods are worth till we get into fall air much like when i first started testing the bike ... Even as the air got worse i did get faster ( not by much but still faster ) I started in the 8.55 @ 160 zone and with mods i added i worked the bike down to the 8.49 @ 162 ..
I feel with the new mods i'm going to start testing i will be able to keep the bike in the 8.40s and when fall hits we will see some records fall ...Keep in mind all this will be done on pump gas .. Correct me if i'm wrong but i have never seen or heard of a stock motored bike like this ZX14R run 8.40s on pump gas .. Yes on race gas and more mods than my bike has we have seen a 8.44 On the BMW 1000RR .. The Busa that ran 8.42 is a big question because we have not seen the bike and know very very little about the bike and what mods it had .. It was posted it weighed 480 pounds ..I can tell you my bike is nowhere near 480 pounds .. YET ....

If you follow what Wee , Shane and myself and others have done you can get a pretty clear picture of what works and what doesn't .. If you follow the mod list the bike it will run the numbers ... All you have to do is learn to ride the bike to the fullest ... Not an easy task because the bike is a handfull to ride fast BUT it can be done and will be done .. Someone will go faster than me and no one is more suprised than me that is hasn't allready happened .. I keep pushing weekly for lower numbers just to keep them off my tail ..But sooner or later somebody is going to out run my numbers , you can bet on that .. I just hope it's one of us and they will fill us in on what it took to do it ..

Wee stated it best .. " Some guys don't want to share the how to make your 14 faster but some of us don't care, we post it public for y'all to see, it aint bragging it's passing it on for the next up and coming racer, old man like me, or commuter."

Ignore this member   
joseph702

Zone Head
posted May 15, 2012 06:47 PM        
these guys test and find what works and dont cost u or i money to find out if it dont work. saves us all the time and money if it dont work. and helps us keep kicking busa ass if it does work. thanks to all of u .
  Ignore this member   
vailes3705

Expert Class
Gettin Better
posted May 15, 2012 07:04 PM        Edited By: vailes3705 on 16 May 2012 02:05
Wee is right, some of the people I've talked to at the track guard their "go fast info" like it's a million dollar secret. Which is understandable because they mostly grudge race. Thanks for the info guys. And the quick responses to questions.
1.46 60ft

Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted May 15, 2012 07:07 PM        Edited By: Wheelie on 16 May 2012 02:11
Black 2012 ZX-14r My modes

69 1/2" Mcintosh AlumiPro
High Pressure Air Shifter/1 Pound NOS Bottle and Braided Line
Brocks CT Single
Brocks Street Map
PCV
Cut Down 2009 Seat
Brocks Front Lowering Kit/Forks Lowered 3/4 "
Brocks Deluxe Clutch Mod/180 Shims
Soupys Adjustable Lowering Links
Wego III
17-51 Gearing
Shinko 008 Slick
Gen II Booza Spring/Litz Revalved ZX14r Shock
Secondaries Out
MPS Auto Shift 10,800 Chip
Carolina Cycle Regulator
223 Pound Rider
1.34 60ft 5.58@125 on 87Shell Pump Gas

wee

Ignore this member   
izmuk

Novice Class
09 no flies,pvc,muzzy,low.long
posted May 15, 2012 07:11 PM        
the people make this site great. i learn something everytime i go on. oil filters to BHRE. keep it up. thanks......
  Ignore this member   
eklipse636

Needs a life
ZX-14
posted May 15, 2012 07:13 PM        
A lot guys on here has helped me to have me where I am! If it wasn't for wheelie, I would have never ran the pizza sprockets.

Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted May 15, 2012 07:18 PM        
quote:
A lot guys on here has helped me to have me where I am! If it wasn't for wheelie, I would have never ran the pizza sprockets.
Pizza sprocket doesn't work for everyone, but some it's the answer, especially for 200 + pound riders. Duster remember when you first tried it you were second guessing it, you gave it a chance and it worked out for your fastest numbers.

wee

Ignore this member   
eklipse636

Needs a life
ZX-14
posted May 15, 2012 07:46 PM        
quote:
quote:
Pizza sprocket doesn't work for everyone, but some it's the answer, especially for 200 + pound riders. Duster remember when you first tried it you were second guessing it, you gave it a chance and it worked out for your fastest numbers.

wee

Not only fastest but consistant!

Ignore this member   
BLK ICE

Pro
we'll leave the light on for u
posted May 15, 2012 09:17 PM        
I can feel the love.
Repersenting: BLACK ICE PERFORMANCE and NO QUARTER MOTORSPORTS
Nitrous and Tires Sponsored by: Custom Specialties Cycles
Dyno Tuned by: Garron of ADAMS PERFORMANCE. http://www.adamsperformance.net/
BlackIce Performance: Honor, Freedom, Love of Country!
(I am open to Sponsorship and Product Testing and Review. Contact BlackIce Performance at blackice_performance@yahoo.com) or BlackIce Perf on Facebook

Ignore this member   
Seno

Pro
BANNED FOR LIFE!
posted May 16, 2012 04:55 AM        
This is a very cool site and people here definitely go out of the way to help others. I am one of the guys who is on the street 99.9% of the time, race it once in a while. How much can I safely lower the front into the trees without killing my plastics or worse? Has anyone played around with the Progressive Fork Lowering kit ( they do not have one listed for the 2012 yet)? Will the 2006-2011 fit the 2012?

Ignore this member   
cls

Expert Class
posted May 16, 2012 05:22 AM        
Also a street rider looking for the bike to be "right." Much obliged for all the great info and help.
  Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted May 16, 2012 05:29 AM        
my shared bikeland go fast knowledge .. call jenny craig or buy a turbo ..

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Bikelands Free Go Fast Info NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.725043773651 seconds processing time