HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: pc5 throttle calibration NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
bentz69

Parking Attendant
posted May 12, 2012 09:22 PM        
pc5 throttle calibration

Im a little confused on the calibrating the throttle position on a 2011.

Instructions say to do it when the bike is in the "on" position but not running...but it doesnt work. Are these bikes fly by wire?

When the throttle is closed and the bike is running, i can reset the throttle to zero. The only way I could register 100% throttle on the software was to rev the bike all the way to rev limiter real fast (only did it once) while in neutral.

This gave me a 3.xxx voltage number for full throttle. Is this the correct way to do it?

Can anyone check their software and see what the numbers are for min and max?

Ignore this member   
BrucerZX14

Expert Class
posted May 12, 2012 09:26 PM        Edited By: BrucerZX14 on 13 May 2012 05:27
This is how I had to do mine too but you don't need to wait for it to hit the rev limiter. Just needs WOT whacked real quick. Mine is approx 3.60 volts at WOT.
  Ignore this member   
SixSixoh6

Zone Head
posted May 12, 2012 09:30 PM        Edited By: SixSixoh6 on 13 May 2012 05:31
in the pc5 instructions it said this had to be done on a dyno...i believe they already set it for you so the average person doesnt need to calibrate it

its not like the pc3 where you just key ON the bike and go WOT with the throttle and then back to rest.

its dumb,.

2009 ZX-14 SE--has two wheels and an engine

Ignore this member   
bentz69

Parking Attendant
posted May 12, 2012 09:53 PM        
brucer, i see what your saying. I have to check my software but iiirc, my max was 3.8.

Shouldnt my max and your max be the same (same bike, wiring, ecu etc)? give or take a maybe a 1/100th or so?

Ignore this member   
bentz69

Parking Attendant
posted May 12, 2012 09:55 PM        
six, i saw the dyno recommendation as well

I bought the pc5 used and it had settings in it already but I didnt know if my bike would have different settings or not so I reset them

Ignore this member   
SixSixoh6

Zone Head
posted May 12, 2012 10:09 PM        
quote:

I bought the pc5 used and it had settings in it already but I didnt know if my bike would have different settings or not so I reset them

yeah i believe the zx14 pc5 comes preset. now that i remember mine was already set around 3.6xx too. doesn't seem to run any different with this already set.

Ignore this member   
SixSixoh6

Zone Head
posted May 12, 2012 10:10 PM        
quote:
quote:

yeah i believe the zx14 pc5 comes preset. now that i remember mine was already set around 3.6xx too. doesn't seem to run any different with this already set.

and no...these are not fly-by-wire. theres a throttle cable connected to the TBs

Ignore this member   
justoyz2

Zone Head
Justoyz Racing
posted May 13, 2012 05:23 AM        
actually you have to calibrate it for your bike, thus the calibration feature.
-you have to wack the throttle wide open, do this several times to get the right reading.
It;s no big deal, everyone has done it

Ignore this member   
samin

Novice Class
posted May 13, 2012 08:44 AM        
Yes, just do fast blip to wot at neutral and you will not hit the limiter...

My range was 0.598V to 3.806V

Ignore this member    Click here to visit samin's homepage. 
bentz69

Parking Attendant
posted May 13, 2012 06:53 PM        
checked my max voltage and its 3.865. so i guess i did it correctly the first time....minus the part of hitting the rev limiter lol
  Ignore this member   
blue07

Expert Class
posted May 13, 2012 08:05 PM        Edited By: blue07 on 14 May 2012 04:06
You don't open the throttle wide open with the bike running...it's connected to the harness...hooked up...and the USB is connected to the 9V battery(a NEW BATTERY..if you leave it hooked up for any length of time other than setting your rpm values...it'll die out quickly...you won't get the reads you need).With key on...you open the throttle.That's your 100% deal.Then,you open the small windows in the program and take the average that those numbers are showing...they will be constantly changing,but staying in a certain rpm amount.You then set the number in there on that window to the average.Then again on the other window...same deal.Then exit out...you're done.No running the bike at all.You have to watch those numbers and write down the average one in about a two minute time period...once they start repeating numbers...that's as far as the fluctuation is gonna go.So you enter the average of those in there).Two places...a right window,and the left window...IDK what those deals are referred to...but there's two of em to set.THis is for a PC IIIusb.But you might be able to do it the same with the pigtail into the USB port and the PCIII 9V battery plug????
  Ignore this member   
MJ

Zone Head
posted May 14, 2012 12:40 AM        
Glad I don't have a pcv, on my pcIII no need to wot and listen to my new engine free rev I just hook up 9 volt, twist throttle engine off key on, done
  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: pc5 throttle calibration NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2014 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.36217999458313 seconds processing time