HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Got caught in the rain, KTRC worked flawless! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
ninja14rider

Parking Attendant
posted May 11, 2012 08:03 PM        
Got caught in the rain, KTRC worked flawless!

I was out riding Wed. afternoon, 3 miles from home, and got caught in a downpour. I closed the throttle, put power mode in low,KTRC in #3 (all while still rolling) and headed to the house. The road was puddling and very wet , but the bike was totally planted and stable. I am very impressed with how well to bike accelerated with the slick conditions with no tire spin. I hope I don't get caught in the rain too often on this bike, but sure is nice to know if I do, KTRC works flawlessly.

Ignore this member   
zx12mark

Pro
posted May 11, 2012 08:34 PM        
i have been caught in the rain more than i care to remember.traction control is a big plus to me.
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit zx12mark's homepage. 
ninja14rider

Parking Attendant
posted May 11, 2012 08:53 PM        
I've never owned a bike with TC. So this is a first for me. Very nice to have a bike with all this power, and be able to use it in all conditions. I like to go to the mountains at least once a year, for about a week at a time. The KTRC will be a definate piece of mind, Can be very nerve wrecking riding a 180+ HP "sport touring" bike in the mountians in the rain.

Ignore this member   
mma-tv

Expert Class
posted May 11, 2012 08:59 PM        
It's fun on gravel, too.
  Ignore this member   
Dale

Novice Class
posted May 12, 2012 06:39 PM        
Glad KTRC performed well for you.

Ignore this member   
imoXu

Parking Attendant
posted May 17, 2012 09:06 AM        Edited By: imoXu on 17 May 2012 17:08
In Australia we get Traction/ABS standard.
It was one of the main reasons I switched from my 03 busa.

While I have had the traction control kick in plenty, today was the forst time ID had the ABS working on the front.
couple of days ago it was very wet and had situation with a car in my way.
Was breakng hard, so that I wouldnt die, and had the ABS give a few pulses on the way down to a stop.
Not sure what would have happened without, but it worked just as I had hoped.

There doesnt seem too much love for ABS from many of you, which I can understand for racing but for everyday riding I cant see why you wouldnt want it.

Loving this bike, much better than my 03 busa.

moX

Ignore this member   
TNID200

Parking Attendant
posted May 17, 2012 12:37 PM        
I agree, it does a fine job in the rain. I did a 653 mile day trip last Saturday, and the last 200 miles were in hard pouring rain averaging about 75MPH. In Power Mode #1 and KTRC #1, it pulled very hard through the wet stuff and never gave me an concerns. In one area of moderate rainfall, I accelerated fairly hard up to 130MPH, and still didn't notice the KTRC intervention.

I've never run Metzelers before, but they did a good job even through sections of standing water on the highway. The two guys with me were riding Busas with Pilot Road 3's, which also seemed to do a great job with the water.

Ignore this member   
cruiserman_83

Expert Class
posted May 18, 2012 12:15 AM        
Question, i understand changing to tc3,i do it in the rain and on gravel roads, but what is the reasoning behind switching power modes?
not criticising, just curious.

Ignore this member   
Seno

Pro
BANNED FOR LIFE!
posted May 18, 2012 03:48 AM        
KTRC is great. I have been on a few dirt roads with TC3 and it really works very well.

Ignore this member   
ninja14rider

Parking Attendant
posted May 18, 2012 04:52 AM        
quote:
Question, i understand changing to tc3,i do it in the rain and on gravel roads, but what is the reasoning behind switching power modes?
not criticising, just curious.

My '01 Busa and my'08 zx14 do not have these options, I was just trying them out. No real
reason other than to test them out in the rain. I normally would only have this new
bike out on nice days ripping up the asphalt. Love'n this power!

Ignore this member   
cruiserman_83

Expert Class
posted May 18, 2012 06:25 AM        
fair enough. it is my understanding that low power mode only reduces power at WOT abo e 5500rpm or something like that. if ypu are exceeding those values in rain/dirt, maybe you could be boarderig on being reckless. ivw got 8000km on mone and absolitly love it. dont care what the weather is doing
  Ignore this member   
Seno

Pro
BANNED FOR LIFE!
posted May 18, 2012 06:33 AM        
TC3 drops power down to 75% and allows no wheel spin

Ignore this member   
Quarter Pounder

Pro
with Cheese
posted May 18, 2012 09:31 AM        Edited By: Quarter Pounder on 18 May 2012 17:33
my 08 has traction control also....it's called my right hand. Pretty soon the bike will do everything for you. Riding is INTERACTIVE, not electronic. But hey, to each his own.

3 miles in a little rain is not exactly wet weather riding. Try riding 400 miles in the rain...btdt a few times

1.53 60'

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Got caught in the rain, KTRC worked flawless! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2014 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.642794132233 seconds processing time