HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Shipping ECU NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
riaansh

Expert Class
posted May 08, 2012 01:16 PM        
Shipping ECU

I need some advice. From South Africa so need to ship my ecu half way round the world for the Brock/Guhl flash in August.. What is my options? I think I need to insure the ecu for the long haul. How save is the shipping I wonder because the local postal service only insure the ecu for 1000 us $ [Do you know how much the ecu is worth]. How is your experience with shipping, did you guys insure or did you trust the shipping? Any suggestion on a shipping company other than the postal services that ships "world wide".

Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted May 08, 2012 01:46 PM        
Wow that is a problem .. I would send Brock or Don Guhl an email and ask them .. I'm sure both of them have shipped parts overseas and might be able to give you the info that will help you out .. I think the BST wheels come out of South Africa , might ask them who they us for shipping to the USA .

Ignore this member   
Oz Booster

Expert Class
posted May 08, 2012 02:21 PM        
I shipback and forward just about weekly Aussie/USA
Express post seems best for me, fairly trackable and fast enough , without costing too much, extra insurance can be brought.

Couriers like DHL, Fedex, UPS are worldwide, but can be expensive

You have immobilisers don't you ?? replacement via Kawasaki could be in the 1000's

Personally i would buy an ecu through members here or ebay and have it sent to Guhl/Brock , get the security turned off so it will run in your bike, and whatever other featrures you want flashed.
you get to have your ecu as a backup , and no downtime for transit

Ignore this member   
Ninjawarrior1244

Expert Class
posted May 08, 2012 02:29 PM        
Have done this many times no problems with Federal Express...

14R

Ignore this member   
mick46

Expert Class
posted May 08, 2012 02:40 PM        
Does South African spec include ABS ?
The ECU wiring connections are (slightly) different to the non-ABS ECU !
Brocks CT Meg, PCV & QuickShifter, Brembo M4 Monoblocs, Grimeca 320mm discs, Nitron Race shock, Gilles rearsets , adjusters and TCA axle nut, Supersprox 42T, DID nickel plate X-ring, HEL brake lines, bar risers, shorty levers, tail tidy, Zero Gravity screen, RandG spools and bar ends, GPR V4 damper.... Done !
1999 Hayabusa , stretched lowered and a 60 shot !

Ignore this member   
izmuk

Novice Class
09 no flies,pvc,muzzy,low.long
posted May 08, 2012 03:02 PM        
i actualy work for an intl freigh forwarder and i would sugest fed x or ups. shipping it two ways will be costly with shipping, customs clerance, i would suggest buying one in the states and having it delivered to guhl for flash. then have it shipped to you fed x. only paying one way for the intl part . if you want to keep the original one, contact a broaker in so africa and ask about a carnet. this allows you to export something and have it brought back without clerances on both sides............... im thinking it less to buy it here
  Ignore this member   
MehkoR

Novice Class
posted May 08, 2012 03:56 PM        
You don't have to ship anything.. just find a dealer who can reflash mitsubishi ecu...
or you can ask http://www.piasiniengineering.com if they have a dealer around you..becouse they have here )

Ignore this member   
Seno

Pro
BANNED FOR LIFE!
posted May 08, 2012 04:08 PM        
ECU "book value" is $900... Insure it for that and you should be set.

Ignore this member   
riaansh

Expert Class
posted May 09, 2012 06:42 AM        
Thanks Gents. Your info helped a lot. Phoned Fedex and it looks like they will be able to handle the shipping without to much hassle. It will be expensive [shipping alone ZAR 1600] but to benefit from the full potential of my mods, I need to do this.
  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Shipping ECU NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2014 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.725768089294 seconds processing time