HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Had to laugh at cafe racer mag yesterday NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Bently

Needs a life
2012 14r In Blue and no Mods!
posted May 06, 2012 06:35 AM        
Had to laugh at cafe racer mag yesterday

So I go to the book store and pick up the issue of cafe racer mag that has Rickey on the cover and in big letters it says rickey gadsons 10 second cb750. so I open it up and read the story and it went a 12 something. Not dissing Rickey but at my track a 12 second pass is a long ways from a 10 second pass. Now I know they had issues with the bike but way not save the article until it runs 10's or put on the cover 12 second cb750. just seemed really cheesy to me.

Ignore this member   
zixxer14

Pro
Damn that was Quick
posted May 06, 2012 07:12 AM        
Gotta sell those mags, truth be damned. I'm not sure a cb750 could run 10's unless it was blown or gassed anyway.
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit zixxer14's homepage. 
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted May 06, 2012 07:16 AM        
quote:
Gotta sell those mags, truth be damned. I'm not sure a cb750 could run 10's unless it was blown or gassed anyway.
ask Richcraft about that, I don't remember the numbers but I think he ran a cb750 in the early 70's.

wee

Ignore this member   
Bently

Needs a life
2012 14r In Blue and no Mods!
posted May 06, 2012 07:35 AM        
quote:

I'm sure they can run 10's they make some pretty big bore kits for them, think you can get them in the 1000 cc range.

Ignore this member   
RICH CRAFT 1

Zone Head
posted May 06, 2012 09:48 AM        Edited By: RICH CRAFT 1 on 6 May 2012 17:00
quote:
quote:
ask Richcraft about that, I don't remember the numbers but I think he ran a cb750 in the early 70's.

wee

yes I had one of those, it was all Bocked out LOL actually it had a Jordien header I think I run a best of 11.90s Stock motor can't remember the mph. I was six-foot and weighed 175 pounds. I would like to see that weight again! I think the bike made 60 hp stock. The guy across the street at big D.triumph had a 750 3 cylinder that they run on the salt flats he said it made 100 hp. I just couldn't imagine a motorcycle with 100 hp LOL. I put a 900 kid in it, don't remember the times, but I think it was low elevenths. I remember Kawasaki had just come out with the new 900 and a friend of mine owned one, it was a pretty close race. He seemed to have more low in power, but mine would pull him a little bit on top end. I saw that show, and that bike was pretty stripped down. I wouldn't want to say it couldn't run tens, but at this day and time if you run tens on a bike, you need to be careful in traffic You're probably going to get run over.

Ken

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Had to laugh at cafe racer mag yesterday NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.640276908875 seconds processing time