HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: fastest 1/8 ET and MPH possible NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
bradkong12

Expert Class
posted May 01, 2012 01:49 PM        
Poll Question:
fastest 1/8 ET and MPH possible

gen1 stock, no juice, no turbo, no head work???
just slammed, extended, and exhaust ofcoarse
5.600s?????????

Poll Results:
 1 votes (100%)
5.600s????????

Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted May 01, 2012 02:25 PM        
Ran many low 5.60s .. Had one 5.59 ..

Ignore this member   
Bently

Needs a life
2012 14r In Blue and no Mods!
posted May 01, 2012 02:27 PM        
Depends, what do you weigh?
  Ignore this member   
01smokes

Needs a job
posted May 01, 2012 02:31 PM        
Yes it can be done with the right gearing and WB. Buy your gonna have to ride your ass off!!!

Email, artvgl@yahoo.com

Ignore this member   
quick6

Expert Class
posted May 01, 2012 03:02 PM        
I went 5.50@126 bit I did have a thin head gasket

Ignore this member   
BLK ICE

Pro
we'll leave the light on for u
posted May 01, 2012 03:46 PM        
I let my friend (165lb) make 2 passes on my stock motor bike, 5.58 and 5.56. I think it has 5.40s in it.
Repersenting: BLACK ICE PERFORMANCE and NO QUARTER MOTORSPORTS
Nitrous and Tires Sponsored by: Custom Specialties Cycles
Dyno Tuned by: Garron of ADAMS PERFORMANCE. http://www.adamsperformance.net/
BlackIce Performance: Honor, Freedom, Love of Country!
(I am open to Sponsorship and Product Testing and Review. Contact BlackIce Performance at blackice_performance@yahoo.com) or BlackIce Perf on Facebook

Ignore this member   
dakota9498

Pro
posted May 01, 2012 04:18 PM        
Like Bently said, depends on your weight and bikes weight and fuel. Pump gas, good air, 5.60's high 5.50's. MPH depends on a lot of things as well, 124-130ish, again depends on weight, fuel, etc...

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted May 01, 2012 04:28 PM        
quote:
Like Bently said, depends on your weight and bikes weight and fuel. Pump gas, good air, 5.60's high 5.50's. MPH depends on a lot of things as well, 124-130ish, again depends on weight, fuel, etc...

these guys did good this weekend ..http://1320bikes.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=16&id=28108&Itemid=34#28275 so much for that old race gas myth...

Ignore this member   
dakota9498

Pro
posted May 01, 2012 04:32 PM        
His isn't stock motor. It has head work. I would post a time slip from this weekend when I was running MR12, but I don't know if I could handle the flaming...lol

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted May 01, 2012 04:39 PM        
quote:
His isn't stock motor. It has head work. I would post a time slip from this weekend when I was running MR12, but I don't know if I could handle the flaming...lol

don't tell me ..it was faster than wee's zx14R .. HEHE

Ignore this member   
dakota9498

Pro
posted May 01, 2012 04:42 PM        
lol, not even close, but the air was good and the I would receive a dose of sh*t for the MPH that it was running. I just keep thinking back to the thread that icarus had about his best pass and MPH at a Streetbike Seminar at MIR, and my passes were at MiRock this weekend at MIR.

Ignore this member   
kawa74

Expert Class
posted May 01, 2012 05:49 PM        
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Smokinstorm.....09, zx14

Adams ported head
Cit .018
Center taken out of head gasket
47 TB's
BMC-race filter
0<< weight oil
ECU to 11,100
MR-9 or 12
Muzzy M-14
Adjustable ignition, set 0 degrees
16/45
bike 500 lbs empty
71"
Dyno tuned by Cecil @ HTP

Best before Sunday...... 5.565 @ 125....... ..-563' AIR

Sunday 4-29-12..............5.52 @ 130.81.......6'... Air....... tailwind ???

it's stock

Ignore this member   
dakota9498

Pro
posted May 01, 2012 06:06 PM        
quote:
quote:

Smokinstorm.....09, zx14

Adams ported head
Cit .018
47 TB's
BMC-race filter
0<< weight oil
ECU to 11,100
MR-9 or 12
Muzzy M-14
16/45
bike 500 lbs empty
71"

it's stock

huh?

Ignore this member   
smokinstorm

Expert Class
Old Drag Racer
posted May 01, 2012 06:33 PM        
quote:
quote:

Smokinstorm.....09, zx14

Adams ported head
Cit .018
47 TB's
BMC-race filter
0<< weight oil
ECU to 11,100
MR-9 or 12
Muzzy M-14
16/45
bike 500 lbs empty
71"

it's stock

Wow, I forgot I had all that stuff. Best before Sunday we had somewhere around a 10-15 MPH headwind. 5ish MPH tailwind this past Sunday. What I think is interesting to note is that the bike didn't ET all that much better but it MPH'd like it had 20 more horsepower. I can't imagine how it might have MPH'd in a 1/4 mile given the same conditions. Remember though, even with the above mod list, Cecil said I only had 3-4 horsepower over a completely stock untouched motor. To that end the next time we went to the track after the tune, we ran consistently 1-2 MPH slower than before. ET improved though so that probably explains some of it. I think it runs pretty good to be "old school" though. I'm happy with it.
2001 GSXR 1000
Looking for a 1985 GS1150E

Ignore this member   
BLK ICE

Pro
we'll leave the light on for u
posted May 01, 2012 06:55 PM        Edited By: BLK ICE on 2 May 2012 02:38
"Remember though, even with the above mod list, Cecil said I only had 3-4 horsepower over a completely stock untouched motor."

How did they justify saleing you all that stuff?
Adams head is said to be good for 5-15hp
47 tbs about 5 hp.
What happened?
Repersenting: BLACK ICE PERFORMANCE and NO QUARTER MOTORSPORTS
Nitrous and Tires Sponsored by: Custom Specialties Cycles
Dyno Tuned by: Garron of ADAMS PERFORMANCE. http://www.adamsperformance.net/
BlackIce Performance: Honor, Freedom, Love of Country!
(I am open to Sponsorship and Product Testing and Review. Contact BlackIce Performance at blackice_performance@yahoo.com) or BlackIce Perf on Facebook

Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted May 01, 2012 06:57 PM        
quote:
"Remember though, even with the above mod list, Cecil said I only had 3-4 horsepower over a completely stock untouched motor."

Adams head it said to be good for 5-15hp
47 tbs about 5 hp.
What happened?
That's what you tell the stock motor guy you are about to race for money.

wee

Ignore this member   
Bueller

Novice Class
posted May 01, 2012 07:08 PM        Edited By: Bueller on 2 May 2012 02:14
Im the guy riding that 14, and thats about all its got it in. But I dont think its about how much it making, but where its making it. Oh, and there was no wind on most those runs. It died out bout 1/2 the day out.
  Ignore this member   
Famous1

Expert Class
posted May 01, 2012 07:27 PM        
quote:
quote:
quote:

Smokinstorm.....09, zx14

Adams ported head
Cit .018
47 TB's
BMC-race filter
0<< weight oil
ECU to 11,100
MR-9 or 12
Muzzy M-14
16/45
bike 500 lbs empty
71"

it's stock

huh?

huh x 2.... bored throttle bodies and ported head and he calls it stock..lol.. but i guess ss bikes are stock too..

Ignore this member   
smokinstorm

Expert Class
Old Drag Racer
posted May 01, 2012 07:35 PM        
quote:

47 tbs about 5 hp.
What happened?

I kept on buying stuff because my motor wasn't making any power. I figured I'd throw the darned kitchen sink at it. I did the head because my original motor bit the dust in a really big way and I was afraid to reuse the head without having it gone through. The port work just sort of happened. Adams said the head was worth around 10 horsepower on an otherwise stock motor. Others have said it isn't worth squat. Who's right? I wish I could tell you exactly what happened on the power front but I'll state this without fear of lightning bolts coming down from above aimed at me. Cecil said he gets 200 horsepower out of untouched motors with his tuning using a regular street tire. I had 204 with a Shinko Drag Radial that's supposed to cost several horsepower on a dyno. Or at least that's what I had when I left his shop with MR9 and a 10,600 RPM rev limit. I've since changed the air filter to a BMC race filter, raised the rev limit to 11,100 as the power was still climbing strongly at the stock rev limit and changed to some special oil that I purchased from Brock's along with the petron additive. Did those mods after I left Cecil's make a significant power increase???? No idea but it's sure running vastly superior numbers compared to when we first got back to the track after his tune. I do know that I'm running quite competitively against other ZX14's that are claiming well over 210 to the tire on the same dyno mine was tested on. I don't think I'm really down on power compared to everyone else anymore. No magic here folks. I feel like Dave and Sam are just doing a great job of extracting what's available out of our combo. Straight up.
2001 GSXR 1000

Ignore this member   
Bueller

Novice Class
posted May 01, 2012 07:35 PM        
Well, ok yup thats all that was done to it a year or so ago. Im glad you are still sticking to that Dave lmao
  Ignore this member   
smokinstorm

Expert Class
Old Drag Racer
posted May 01, 2012 07:36 PM        
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Smokinstorm.....09, zx14

Adams ported head
Cit .018
47 TB's
BMC-race filter
0<< weight oil
ECU to 11,100
MR-9 or 12
Muzzy M-14
16/45
bike 500 lbs empty
71"

it's stock

huh?

huh x 2.... bored throttle bodies and ported head and he calls it stock..lol.. but i guess ss bikes are stock too..

Stock bottom end.
2001 GSXR 1000

Ignore this member   
smokinstorm

Expert Class
Old Drag Racer
posted May 01, 2012 07:38 PM        
quote:
Well, ok yup thats all that was done to it a year or so ago. Im glad you are still sticking to that Dave lmao

What have you done to my bike behind my back????
2001 GSXR 1000

Ignore this member   
Famous1

Expert Class
posted May 01, 2012 07:52 PM        
quote:
quote:

47 tbs about 5 hp.
What happened?

I kept on buying stuff because my motor wasn't making any power. I figured I'd throw the darned kitchen sink at it. I did the head because my original motor bit the dust in a really big way and I was afraid to reuse the head without having it gone through. The port work just sort of happened. Adams said the head was worth around 10 horsepower on an otherwise stock motor. Others have said it isn't worth squat. Who's right? I wish I could tell you exactly what happened on the power front but I'll state this without fear of lightning bolts coming down from above aimed at me. Cecil said he gets 200 horsepower out of untouched motors with his tuning using a regular street tire. I had 204 with a Shinko Drag Radial that's supposed to cost several horsepower on a dyno. Or at least that's what I had when I left his shop with MR9 and a 10,600 RPM rev limit. I've since changed the air filter to a BMC race filter, raised the rev limit to 11,100 as the power was still climbing strongly at the stock rev limit and changed to some special oil that I purchased from Brock's along with the petron additive. Did those mods after I left Cecil's make a significant power increase???? No idea but it's sure running vastly superior numbers compared to when we first got back to the track after his tune. I do know that I'm running quite competitively against other ZX14's that are claiming well over 210 to the tire on the same dyno mine was tested on. I don't think I'm really down on power compared to everyone else anymore. No magic here folks. I feel like Dave and Sam are just doing a great job of extracting what's available out of our combo. Straight up.

with a ported head and race gas you should be running pretty close to the same horsepower as a stock 14r.. down on torque.....

Ignore this member   
smokinstorm

Expert Class
Old Drag Racer
posted May 01, 2012 08:03 PM        
Brock has 227 and climbing. I'm nowhere near that. I need a small shot of N2O to get there. Gen 1 Supersport motors are making more power than I'm making without the benefit of a ported head. Like I said, mine is pretty normal as far as I'm concerned. I just don't think I'm way down on power like I used to be.
2001 GSXR 1000

Ignore this member   
Famous1

Expert Class
posted May 01, 2012 08:26 PM        
quote:
Brock has 227 and climbing. I'm nowhere near that. I need a small shot of N2O to get there. Gen 1 Supersport motors are making more power than I'm making without the benefit of a ported head. Like I said, mine is pretty normal as far as I'm concerned. I just don't think I'm way down on power like I used to be.

so if you don't have the same horsepower how do you figure your bike is running similiar times..? magic?

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: fastest 1/8 ET and MPH possible NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.759333848953 seconds processing time